PwC Advisory Associate Interview Questions in Chicago, IL

Updated Jun 28, 2015

2.7

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Evanston, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at PwC (Evanston, IL) in October 2014.

Interview

I applied online through my school's career website and I was invited to an on-campus interview. The interviewer was very nice and willing to answer any questions. The interview was a behavioral interview and it lasted about half an hour. The interviewer first explained to me the job I had applied for and what it entailed before he began the interview.

Interview Questions

• What was a situation where you successfully managed to change the minds of a large group of people.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for PwC

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at PwC (Chicago, IL) in February 2012.

Interview

I participated in campus recruiting. Very friendly and approachable consultants came for an initial introduction of the company and role. Be sure to follow up with these people as they have a role in grading the candidates (or at least ensuring their resumes are screened more thoroughly). I had 1 in-person on campus interview and 3 final round interviews in their Chicago office (usually the nearest bug office near your campus)

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at PwC (Chicago, IL) in February 2015.

Interview

First round was on campus and consisted of a single behavioral/fit interview with a manager Second round was at the Chicago office and consisted of 2 behavioral/fit interviews and one case study. An overview of the case was send to us 48 hours before our interview, and on the day of the interview we were given 45 minutes to create a presentation to answer a business question also given the day of.

Interview Questions

• How do you keep up with current events? Why do you want to be a consultant?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at PwC (Chicago, IL) in October 2012.

Interview

The interview in their chicago office was really relaxed. They were all really nice. They mostly asked me about my resume and just behavioral questions. When I had my on campus interview I was asked one case question, which I bombed, but I was still invited back for a second round interview

Interview Questions

• They asked a case question regarding sub prime mortgages and bank regulation. That was difficult mostly because it was unexpected.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at PwC (Chicago, IL) in October 2012.

Interview

First round interview was a phone call with an HR rep. The second round interview was another phone call, this time with a director. For the final round interview, I was flown out to Chicago and had three behavioral interviews.

Interview Questions

• I was asked to describe a difficult task in a previous work experience and display my thought process in solving the problem (asked to draw out the steps on a whiteboard).   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at PwC (Chicago, IL) in April 2012.

Interview

I got the email ask me to phone interview with a manger. Phone interview was all about behavior questions. Two weeks later got the email ask to to onsite. 30 Min with director, and 30 Min with the manager. Behavior questions and some very technical questions. 3 days later, got the email ask me to do phone interview with the partner. 30 Min was very causal conversation. They wanted to get to know your personality. 4 Days after the final round, got the offer.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at PwC (Chicago, IL) in September 2011.

Interview

Go through my resume, and ask some general questions about my experience in resume

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at PwC (Chicago, IL) in September 2011.

Interview

Everyone was very friendly, and helpful along the process. One of my favorite companies I've interviewed with.

Associate Advisory Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at PwC (Chicago, IL) in March 2011.

Interview

I applied online for the position and received a call within a few days requesting a time for a phone interview with a recruiter. The interview with the recruiter was basically general information about my resume and my experience within my role. It lasted about 20 minutes. Within a week I was contacted again to schedule a phone interview with a manager on the team. The manager asked me several questions related to my experience, skills and tools I've used. He was very nice. Interview lasted about 30 minutes. After a few days I was contacted to schedule another 30 minute phone interview with the Director of the team. I believe normally canadiates only have 1 phone interview with a Director but for some reason I had both manager and Director. Director asked very similar questions to managerand was also nice. A week later I was asked to come into the office for an in person interview. I was a local canadiate so I did not need travel arrangements but they did offer to pay for air and hotel. When I arrived I was greeted by a host who took me to all 4 of my 30 minute interviews (1 partner, 1 manager, 2 directors). All of the interviews went very well with all questions around my experience and how I would handle certain situations.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I was not able to negotiate my offer, it was lower than expected.

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at PwC (Chicago, IL) in December 2010.

Interview

I didn't have a typical recruiting process. A friend of the family forwarded my resume on to the HR department at PWC and I was contacted via email about an initial phone screen. The phone screen took 30-45min with a Director in the Advisory practice. Three days later I received an email asking me to do an office visit in Chicago. The office visit consisted of two days of activities. The first day/night was a dinner with recent hires as well as seniors in the Advisory practice. The following day was an office welcome, two interviews with a director and then a partner, an office tour and then a question/answer panel. Overall the interview process was fairly easy. They asked basic questions about my resume, class work, group projects etc. It was more of a conversational interview then anything which made the time go by very quickly.

Interview Questions

• When have you worked on a group project? What was the project? and describe the process from start to finish.   Answer Question
    • Why PWC?   Answer Question