PwC

2.9

2 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Advisory Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at PwC in October 2011.

The first round consisted of 2-30 min interviews on campus. It was mostly behavioral with two managers typically from the office you are applying to. It is important to let them know what specific area you are interested in even if you decide to change later because they typically recruit by different service areas. I was interviewing for a Technology position but told them I was interested in M&A and then got switched and put into that for the 2nd round.

2nd round was a lunch followed by two hr long interviews with managers and principals within the specific area for which you are applying. Again it was pretty much behavioral and resume stuff. One of them asked me a mini case question but nothing like typical cases and it was more like a discussion. It ends with a panel discussion so you can ask any questions you have left.

They told us, we will hear back withing a week so still waiting to hear back.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for PwC

Advisory Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at PwC in June 2008.

The recruiting process on campus all together lasted a full semester with many entertaining social events and opportunities to mingle with the people you could eventually be working with. Everyone was always extremely kind and willing to do anything they could to help you. After an on-campus interview, you may be offered a chance to travel to the office for a visit to tour the facility. During this time you will be presented with a group information session, as well as three interviews--oh yeah and they put you up in expensive hotels and take you to eat at expensive restaurants, but concentrate on the interviews :-) You will interview with someone just above your level, usually a senior associate; this one is mainly behavioral. You will next have a more technical interview (in my case, because my position was rather technical). The last interview is another behavioral interview, only this time you are interviewing with a partner in the practice. Don't freak out--the partners are very down-to-earth and are just as easy to talk to as your best friend. Just don't become too informal during the process. After leaving the office I had a call the next day with the results of the interview and my offer letter with the next week.

Interview Questions
    It's best to have a second offer letter to use as leverage during negotiation, but I actually didn't even interview at another firm, so of course that was out of the question for me. I was still able to negotiate an additional $5000 per year, although they seem at first as though the salary is set and there is nothing they can do about it. I never actually heard back from them about it until I got a duplicate offer letter in the mail that had my new salary on it.