PwC

Updated Mar 5, 2014

Getting the Interview

65 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions

Dallas, TX

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at PwC in November 2007.

Interview Details – The interview process began with a half hour one on one interview on campus. After that, I was contacted for a second interview referred to as the office visit. PwC took all the candidates to dinner the night before to give us an opportunity to network with and observe the people who work there. I felt this was a good opportunity to prove you could interact well and provide a good first impression. The following day, the office visit took place. First, they provided breakfast and a presentation on their company. I really appreciated that part of the day because they exposed you to the exciting opportunities they had to offer, and it really helped reinforce why you were there. After that, three separate interviews were conducted. They were a little intimidating, but the interviewers did a good job at making you feel comfortable. There was a lot of emphasis on my point of view and any questions I had, so I would suggest having a few questions in mind before the office visit. Finally, they took us to lunch to finish the day and contacted me shortly afterward. Overall, it was an exciting experience, and I feel that PwC has a great process.

Interview Questions

• What is the most difficult experience you have had when working with others? Why, how did it get to that point, and how did you handle it? What would you change? How did this affect you?   View Answer
  • After what you've seen so far, what else would you like to know/interests you about our company?   View Answer

Atlanta, GA

I applied through college or university and the process took 1 week - interviewed at PwC in June 2008.

Interview Details – The recruiting process on campus all together lasted a full semester with many entertaining social events and opportunities to mingle with the people you could eventually be working with. Everyone was always extremely kind and willing to do anything they could to help you. After an on-campus interview, you may be offered a chance to travel to the office for a visit to tour the facility. During this time you will be presented with a group information session, as well as three interviews--oh yeah and they put you up in expensive hotels and take you to eat at expensive restaurants, but concentrate on the interviews :-) You will interview with someone just above your level, usually a senior associate; this one is mainly behavioral. You will next have a more technical interview (in my case, because my position was rather technical). The last interview is another behavioral interview, only this time you are interviewing with a partner in the practice. Don't freak out--the partners are very down-to-earth and are just as easy to talk to as your best friend. Just don't become too informal during the process. After leaving the office I had a call the next day with the results of the interview and my offer letter with the next week.

Interview Question – General Behavioral Questions   View Answer

Negotiation Details – It's best to have a second offer letter to use as leverage during negotiation, but I actually didn't even interview at another firm, so of course that was out of the question for me. I was still able to negotiate an additional $5000 per year, although they seem at first as though the salary is set and there is nothing they can do about it. I never actually heard back from them about it until I got a duplicate offer letter in the mail that had my new salary on it.

Advisory Associate

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 days - interviewed at PwC in March 2008.

Interview Details – I would consider it as three round session. First round was kind of on campus interview.Questions were very generic like"Tell me something about youself"?," Can you work in team?", Have you ever had conflict with your superiors , if yes how did you handled the situation"
Second round was like a informal dinner. With 4 people on the table with 4 other interviewees. Generic questions like how do you feel like being here and which places you like to go to drink and eat.
Third round was tuff one with 4 people interviewing me(Some other associates had 3). Detailed question based on what you have in resume(If it is a technical position)

Overall response was good.People answered your questions about the firm and offer.

Interview Question – How did you handled conflicts with your supervisor at work?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was not able to negotiate. But always try to negotiate. Generally PwC pays less then Deloitte, IBM Consulting and Capgemini but more then EnY and KPMG for advisory associate. Show your HR personal a graph of salaries from IBM and Deloitte.

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Chicago, IL

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at PwC in September 2010.

Interview Details – Interview Process:
Phone Interview with HR
Phone Interview with Director (From the Practice)
On-site Interview with Directors (4 Directors)

The phone interviews were basically just background check and discussions around career experiences. On-site interviews were job-related questions (process, technical skilss, etc).

Interview Question – Why PwC?   Answer Question

New York, NY

I applied through college or university and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at PwC in September 2011.

Interview Details – One first round of two 30 minute behavioral interviews. Final rounds with longer behavioral interviews.

Interview Question – Give me an example of a time that you had to convince someone else purely by writing.   Answer Question

Boston, MA

The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at PwC in November 2011.

Interview Details – I applied through my college's recruiting program which simply required a resume drop and an online profile. First interview round consisted of two 30 min. interviews on campus with two senior associates who both had joined the firm within the past 12 months due to the strong advisory practice growth. At the time of my interview I was not given any indication of which part of advisory I would be placed in and I was asked extensively about my interests (so they could decide for me). I was asked about a time where I was faced with a difficult decision/conflict and details about how I handled it. I also was asked about how I would approach a problem in which I had no prior knowledge about the firm/subject. My second interview was in the Boston office, and I had two more 45 min. interviews with senior associates that had recently joined the firm. They were both very good interviewers and asked tailored questions to understand more about my personality and what I found valuable in my past experiences. They seemed to appreciate a candid and enthusiastic approach in answering their questions. Final interview was a full two weeks without hearing any word from my superday, and it was over the phone with a partner. The interview consisted of much more difficult and vague questioning, however the partner revealed that they wanted to see how I answered under a bit of pressure and with little guidance. I would also mention that I am a psychology major, and that my interviewers were very curious about how I chose my field of study and what I wanted to do with it.

Interview Question – What are some explicit and compelling examples of why you are the candidate I want to hire over some Harvard prodigy?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation at all. I would consider that this is an invaluable experience to be had, and an increasingly rare opportunity for an undergraduate.

Advisory Associate Interview

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4 months - interviewed at PwC in June 2012.

Interview Details – Had a conversation with a contact at the firm which led to 2 phone interviews and many conversations. Flew to a major office for 3 in-person interviews. My first phone interview was with a woman from HR and she was very informative about the company as a whole and the industry. My second phone interview was with a director and she had more specific information about the role of an associate in the industry. Both interviews centered mainly on my resume, my goals, and my interest in the company.
My in-person interviews were 3 ~30 minute 1-1 interviews. I was interviewed by a partner/practice lead and 2 directors. They were all very personable and interested in learning about my experience. These interviews also centered around my resume but involved a few more specific questions about my coursework. I was also asked how I would advise a firm who was interested in utilizing social media for their business.
I spoke with my HR representative the next week and received an offer.
Be prepared, honest, and confident. The interviewers are mostly consultants so they're pleasant people to talk to.

Interview Questions

• How would you consult a firm that was interested in utilizing social media?   Answer Question
  • What are your 3 greatest strengths and weaknesses?   Answer Question
  • (operations mgt. minor) What are the 3 major lessons/take-aways you learned from operations management?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – The offer is nonnegotiable for first-year associates but it's a nice amount for right out of college.

Singapore (Singapore)

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at PwC in December 2012.

Interview Details – assessment centre:
technical test (individual), case studies and discussion (both individual and group)...

interview with associate director:
took about 45mins-1hr, software development related questions, how you resolve conflicts, challenges faced, an accomplishment and recent issues...

interview with partner:
took about 15mins, casual get to know you kind of questions...

Interview Question – what is one of your accomplishment?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – did not negotiate, big 4 firms have pretty transparent, fixed and similar salary packages...

Makati City (Philippines)

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at PwC in October 2011.

Interview Details – I submitted my resume and application online. After a day, the HR called and texted me for an entrance exam and interview. I waited for the exam and interview result for about 2 days then I was scheduled for an inteeview with the manager. HR interview is mostly situational questions and your past actions on specific situations.

Interview Question – Have you ever cheated and lied in your life?   Answer Question

Chicago, IL

I applied through college or university - interviewed at PwC in October 2012.

Interview Details – The interview in their chicago office was really relaxed. They were all really nice. They mostly asked me about my resume and just behavioral questions. When I had my on campus interview I was asked one case question, which I bombed, but I was still invited back for a second round interview

Interview Question – They asked a case question regarding sub prime mortgages and bank regulation. That was difficult mostly because it was unexpected.   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at PwC

Worked for PwC? Contribute to the Community!

PwC Videos

PwC – Why Work for Us?

Imagine the power of 160,000 people with a common purpose — building relationships that create value for you and your business. This is PwC. Every day, our people work with you to build the value you are looking for… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at PwC Advisory Associate interview questions and advice. All 65 interview reviews posted anonymously by PwC employees and interview candidates.