PwC Advisory Associate Interview Questions

Updated Aug 16, 2015

2.9

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at PwC (New York, NY) in May 2011.

Interview

Was called in office on 2 days. First day, was interviewed for 30 mins by 1 Sr Associate, 2 Mgrs and 2 directors. Second day was partner interview, for about 15 minutes.

Interview Questions

• Explain cholesky decomposition for simulating correlated variables.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for PwC

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at PwC (New York, NY) in January 2015.

Interview

Very normal type recruitment process. Three screening phone interviews with full-time associates followed by a office interview with two managers in a panel setting at the new york office. Classic investment banking questions since this was a corporate finance oriented role. The interviewers did not seem to know what they were doing as they often didn't know what to ask, especially over the phone

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at PwC (New York, NY) in September 2014.

Interview

Campus hire. Step 1. Applied online via school career portal Step 2. Interview with manager on school premises post resume shortlisting Step 3. Interview with a partner, director and case presentation The interviews were all behavioral for me because the field I was applying for was not a direct match with my major.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at PwC (San Francisco, CA) in January 2015.

Interview

The interview process started with a 30minute phone call interview. The interview asks questions about your basic resume asking you to explain experiences. Then it went onto the formal in person interviews which is a process of three one on one interviews with managers and partners.

Interview Questions

• What are some apps that you use and why do you use them.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Evanston, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at PwC (Evanston, IL) in October 2014.

Interview

I applied online through my school's career website and I was invited to an on-campus interview. The interviewer was very nice and willing to answer any questions. The interview was a behavioral interview and it lasted about half an hour. The interviewer first explained to me the job I had applied for and what it entailed before he began the interview.

Interview Questions

• What was a situation where you successfully managed to change the minds of a large group of people.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at PwC (New York, NY).

Interview

It was really helpful, straighforward and too the point. They ask you questions that they would like to see in individuals they would have to work with. A good thing to think about is the airport test, which is commonly used in these kinds of interviews.

Advisory Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at PwC.

Interview

One behavioral interview on campus and three off campus. Make sure to be authentic and vocal. Describe yourself, prepare SWOT analysis on yourself and understand PwC's whole leadership model. This will give you a nice added advantage

Interview Questions

• How did you deal with communication gaps and ambiguity in some past project?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at PwC (New York, NY) in March 2015.

Interview

Interview was very pleasant, and extremely professional. I applied off seasonal, ergo my interview was with a manager and director. Both individuals were very cordial and answered all my questions.

Interview Questions

• The questions were: Why PwC Talk to me about any team experiences that you have been a part of. Where do you see yourself in the future?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at PwC (Chicago, IL) in February 2012.

Interview

I participated in campus recruiting. Very friendly and approachable consultants came for an initial introduction of the company and role. Be sure to follow up with these people as they have a role in grading the candidates (or at least ensuring their resumes are screened more thoroughly). I had 1 in-person on campus interview and 3 final round interviews in their Chicago office (usually the nearest bug office near your campus)

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at PwC (Atlanta, GA) in February 2015.

Interview

First a campus interview which was partly behavioral and partly technical. Second round interview was in the office, three part with two behavioral/resume and one case study. Seemed to really be looking for a quality fit on top of just competency.