PwC Advisory Associate Interview Questions

Updated Oct 16, 2014

2.8

73 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Advisory Associate Interview

The interview process was very straight forward. It took a few weeks for the whole process to complete but I applied on campus and had a final round. The people are really nice and that's the main thing they emphasize, the fit to the organization. However, be very explicit in what group you are interested in and articulate that clearly.

Interview Questions
  • Actually, nothing here at all. The most difficult one was tell me about how you solve problems. There are more concerned with getting to know you.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for PwC

Advisory Associate Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at PwC.

Nice people, all very happy to work at PwC. They expect excellence and their interview process isn't that easy but at the same time very quick. You learn if you get the offer in early November and the process starts in mid-september.

Interview Questions
    • Name an instance when you implemented a system which benefited your community as a whole.   Answer Question

Advisory Associate Interview

It was very easy. It was a group interview. Talked with a manager and a partner. Then we went to lunch as a group. I Got an offer on the way home.

Interview Questions
    • They asked what would keep me from working there.   View Answer
    I Didn't negotiate. It was a pretty standard offer. They gave me a month to decide.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

I had a phone interview with a senior associate for one hour discussing the role, my background and the reason I am interested in this role. The call went well so the next day I was brought in for a live interview. I had an interview with an associate, a manager and a director. It was pretty strait forward.

Advisory Associate Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at PwC.

On campus interview (1) followed by in office final rounds (3 back to back)

One of your three final interviews will be case based. Not traditional consulting cases, since they email you a case 24 hours before your final interview. It's definitely important to read it beforehand and come prepared with "what if" scenarios. You will get 20-30 minutes to create slides on 8.5x11 sheets of paper, and then you present whatever you have. There will be major gaps in the case data, so it's crucial that you come prepared.

Interview Questions
    • One of the aspects that set me apart from other candidates was that I had a bunch of excel printouts of different scenarios I created manipulating factors (such as sales,costs,customers) and showing how the end results were effected by the changes.   Answer Question
    No negotiation.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tysons Corner, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tysons Corner, VA

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at PwC in April 2014.

I went through two interview processes. One was a phone interview and then I was brought in for a face-to-face interview. The face-to-face interview included 3 behavioral interviews and a case interview. I thought that I nailed the entire thing, but I was not offered the position because they did not have a client for me to work on. I was sent an impersonal email from a "do not reply" email account rather than an email from the recruiter who I was corresponding with through the entire process.

Interview Questions
    • The questions were all behavioral, and annoyingly repetitive.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at PwC in December 2011.

Interviewing process was unexpectedly fun and interesting. During the office interview, all the interview candidates were asked to sit the partners seat in a office, while the interviewers rotated between different interviewees. It made you comfortable and reinforce that one of PwC's core values in the importance it gives to its people

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult question was the case style interview.   View Answer

Advisory Associate Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at PwC.

Campus recruit. Submitted resume online and was called for On-campus interview. Later was asked to come for on-site interview with 3 senior people including a partner

Interview Questions
    • Mostly behavioral questions with emphasis on knowing if you can hold conversations and not get phased by client demands   Answer Question
    No negotiation for a college hire.

Advisory Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jakarta (Indonesia)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jakarta (Indonesia)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at PwC.

First interview was with Senior Manager and Line Manager, questioning your CV inside out, every detail of it. Questions about experiences handling issues in team environment (behavioural). Second interview was business case study with another Line Manager, pretty much testing your basic accounting skills.

Interview Questions
    • Case study question can be very challenging, be prepared to think fast and accurate with your numbers, no calcs allowed.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at PwC.

The night before the first interview there was a dinner to get to know other interviewees and all interviewers. It wasnt mandatory but its definitely a good opportunity to get familiar with the person who will be interviewing you.

First interview was on campus by a partner. Fairly easy interview, spoke about why you would be a good fit and past experiences.

The second interview was at the desired office. I was interviewed by 3 different people, the first was similar to the interview with the partner, we spoke about past experience, why that office etc. The second interview was more of a informatory session, where the individual spoke of the department, responsibilities etc. The third was a technical interview since I applied for an ITPA position.

Interview Questions
    • The most unexpected question had to do with data centers...cant quite remember the question.   Answer Question