PwC Advisory Associate Interview Questions

Updated Aug 26, 2014

2.8

70 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Advisory Associate Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeks - interviewed at PwC in August 2012.

I spoke with a recruiter on-campus in the fall to speak about an internship. The communication was very simple and straight forward. PwC always keeps you in the loop. I did an internship with them (client-service) and then was offerred an full-time position early August. In the interview they asked about my studies, my preferred line of service, certification, and behavioral questions

Interview Questions
No negotiation really. All associates get paid the same depending on your line of service, market, and position.

Other Interview Reviews for PwC

Advisory Associate Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at PwC in November 2012.

Applied online through my school and got notified for an on-campus interview. Had a one-on-one interview about a week later. Pretty standard questions - tell me about a time where you had difficulty working with someone in a group, why PwC, etc... Got an email about 2 weeks later saying I would not be moving on but no reason why.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at PwC.

Recruited through on campus recruiting process. Involved initial behavioral interview on campus with one manager followed by an office visit with 3 others at the New York office, where I talked to a manager, partner and director. Got a chance to meet several associates and senior associates as well. No case interviews here (unlike my experience with other firms). All behavioral questions.

Interview Questions
    • Wasn't particularly difficult. Interviews were conversations that revolved around my prior work during internships.   View Answer
    Salaries seem pretty set in stone.

Advisory Associate Interview

Campus recruiting. Submit resume then wait for one week. The first interview was in campus. Meet with two recruiters, one director and the other one manager. Got invited to the super day after about a month.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through college or university - interviewed at PwC in October 2012.

The interview in their chicago office was really relaxed. They were all really nice. They mostly asked me about my resume and just behavioral questions. When I had my on campus interview I was asked one case question, which I bombed, but I was still invited back for a second round interview

Interview Questions
    • They asked a case question regarding sub prime mortgages and bank regulation. That was difficult mostly because it was unexpected.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeks - interviewed at PwC in October 2012.

First round interview was a phone call with an HR rep. The second round interview was another phone call, this time with a director. For the final round interview, I was flown out to Chicago and had three behavioral interviews.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked to describe a difficult task in a previous work experience and display my thought process in solving the problem (asked to draw out the steps on a whiteboard).   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Philadelphia, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at PwC in October 2012.

I apply from my university's job fair. And got an on campus interview with them. I supposed to meet with one manager, but he introduced me to another director. So I talked to two people on that day.
    Two days later, they invited me to their office on Fri. I visited there and did three behavior interviews, plus some detailed questions based on my Resume. The whole process was smooth, and no difficult questions. But they reject me on Mon., I cannot think of any reason for that. Maybe they just want to find some cheap kids to work for them.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at PwC in October 2011.

Two round interviews. First was conducted on campus with two interviewers and the second was on site with two managers.

Interview Questions
    • If your favorite band holds a free concert in Central Park in NYC, how do you estimate the people listening to the concert.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Columbia, SC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbia, SC

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at PwC in August 2012.

I interviewd with 2 Managers and a Senior Associate. They were all very friendly and open about the opportunity and projects. They mentioned the pros and cons of the job and asked simple questions about job history, goals, and previous experiences.

Interview Questions
    • The most unexpected question was did I ever see a colleague cheat on a test and how did I handle the situation.   Answer Question
    The offer was firm and I wish my salary was higher but the sign on bonus was generous and allowed me to accept the position. I look foward to having a long-lasting career with PwC.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  San Francisco, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at PwC in December 2010.

Very normal interviews to look for interest, personality/cultural match. Fortunately for me, the local sports team was in the World Series, so we spoke about our sports passion for most of the time.

Interview Questions
    • We are in the business of client services. What have you done that demonstrates the values of our firm?   Answer Question
    Coming out of undergrad, you do not have much room to negotiate. Might as well try!