PwC

Getting the Interview

66 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Chicago, IL

I applied through college or university - interviewed at PwC in October 2012.

Interview Details – The interview in their chicago office was really relaxed. They were all really nice. They mostly asked me about my resume and just behavioral questions. When I had my on campus interview I was asked one case question, which I bombed, but I was still invited back for a second round interview

Interview Question – They asked a case question regarding sub prime mortgages and bank regulation. That was difficult mostly because it was unexpected.   Answer Question

Chicago, IL

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at PwC in October 2012.

Interview Details – First round interview was a phone call with an HR rep. The second round interview was another phone call, this time with a director. For the final round interview, I was flown out to Chicago and had three behavioral interviews.

Interview Question – I was asked to describe a difficult task in a previous work experience and display my thought process in solving the problem (asked to draw out the steps on a whiteboard).   Answer Question

Philadelphia, PA

I applied through college or university and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at PwC in October 2012.

Interview Details – I apply from my university's job fair. And got an on campus interview with them. I supposed to meet with one manager, but he introduced me to another director. So I talked to two people on that day.
Two days later, they invited me to their office on Fri. I visited there and did three behavior interviews, plus some detailed questions based on my Resume. The whole process was smooth, and no difficult questions. But they reject me on Mon., I cannot think of any reason for that. Maybe they just want to find some cheap kids to work for them.

Interview Question – No hard questions.   Answer Question

New York, NY

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at PwC in October 2011.

Interview Details – Two round interviews. First was conducted on campus with two interviewers and the second was on site with two managers.

Interview Question – If your favorite band holds a free concert in Central Park in NYC, how do you estimate the people listening to the concert.   Answer Question

Columbia, SC

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at PwC in August 2012.

Interview Details – I interviewd with 2 Managers and a Senior Associate. They were all very friendly and open about the opportunity and projects. They mentioned the pros and cons of the job and asked simple questions about job history, goals, and previous experiences.

Interview Question – The most unexpected question was did I ever see a colleague cheat on a test and how did I handle the situation.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – The offer was firm and I wish my salary was higher but the sign on bonus was generous and allowed me to accept the position. I look foward to having a long-lasting career with PwC.

San Francisco, CA

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at PwC in December 2010.

Interview Details – Very normal interviews to look for interest, personality/cultural match. Fortunately for me, the local sports team was in the World Series, so we spoke about our sports passion for most of the time.

Interview Question – We are in the business of client services. What have you done that demonstrates the values of our firm?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Coming out of undergrad, you do not have much room to negotiate. Might as well try!

Tampa, FL

The process took 1 week - interviewed at PwC in October 2011.

Interview Details – I was really excited to have a phone interview with PwC for an advisory associate position because many agencies say PwC is hiring aggressively in 2011/2012. However, the recruiting officer was terrible at conducting a phone interview. There were no conversations back and forth; instead she asked questions 1,2,3,4,5 down the list and I asked her questions and that was it. But no doubt PwC still remains one of the most prestigious companies to work for around the world.

Interview Questions

Chicago, IL

I applied through college or university and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at PwC in April 2012.

Interview Details – I got the email ask me to phone interview with a manger. Phone interview was all about behavior questions.
Two weeks later got the email ask to to onsite. 30 Min with director, and 30 Min with the manager. Behavior questions and some very technical questions.
3 days later, got the email ask me to do phone interview with the partner. 30 Min was very causal conversation. They wanted to get to know your personality.
4 Days after the final round, got the offer.

Interview Questions

New York, NY

The process took a day - interviewed at PwC in February 2012.

Interview Details – The first round was a preliminary phone interview, which I would describe as pretty simple. The interviewer just wanted to make sure that I was actually interested in the position. The in-person interview consisted of 5 independent interviews with various members of the staff - HR rep, partner, senior manager, director, and managing director. None were particularly difficult, as long as you maintain a conversational atmosphere, rather than a strict question-answer.

Interview Question – Why did you go to law school if you intended on going into the business sector.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – N/A. There was no negotiation process, I simply took the position offered.

Chicago, IL

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at PwC in September 2011.

Interview Details – Go through my resume, and ask some general questions about my experience in resume

Interview Question – What did you do in the internship at **?   Answer Question