PwC

Getting the Interview

66 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

New York, NY

The process took a day - interviewed at PwC in November 2011.

Interview Details – My interview started around eleven with a nice lunch and presentation from the company. It is just some general information about the interview and intern program. During the lunch, the company would assign one of their new entrants to lead you through the whole interviw process. They are all very nice, so try to ask any question you might have before walking into the interviewer's office. I had three vack to back interviews, but they are all behavior questions. It is more like a conversation, so be confident, nothing to be scared of

Interview Question – Describe yourself   View Answer

Baltimore, MD

The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at PwC in October 2011.

Interview Details – Received 2 employee referrals, one of them who sent the HR dept. my resume and cover letter. Got a phone call a few weeks later, conducted 2 phone interviews and was not offered a job due to lack of experience and downturn in hiring, etc.

Interview Question – What would make a good fit for this position?   Answer Question

San Francisco, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at PwC in December 2011.

Interview Details – I had two phone interviews with PwC, the first being with a representative from HR, and the second with a Director in the advisory industry my resume was tailored towards. They were straightforward behavioral interviews, inquiring about my experience and interest in PwC. From there I was flown out to San Francisco for my final round of interviews. The night before we had a networking reception for all those interviewing the next day. On the day of my interview I met separately with a Partner and a Managing Director. The interviews were behavioral for the most part again, but with some industry specific questioning.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time when you worked in a group. What kind of leadership role did you take on? Were there any roadblocks that you had to overcome, and if so, how did you do it?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I may have been able to negotiate, but did not attempt to do so.

Boston, MA

The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at PwC in November 2011.

Interview Details – I applied through my college's recruiting program which simply required a resume drop and an online profile. First interview round consisted of two 30 min. interviews on campus with two senior associates who both had joined the firm within the past 12 months due to the strong advisory practice growth. At the time of my interview I was not given any indication of which part of advisory I would be placed in and I was asked extensively about my interests (so they could decide for me). I was asked about a time where I was faced with a difficult decision/conflict and details about how I handled it. I also was asked about how I would approach a problem in which I had no prior knowledge about the firm/subject. My second interview was in the Boston office, and I had two more 45 min. interviews with senior associates that had recently joined the firm. They were both very good interviewers and asked tailored questions to understand more about my personality and what I found valuable in my past experiences. They seemed to appreciate a candid and enthusiastic approach in answering their questions. Final interview was a full two weeks without hearing any word from my superday, and it was over the phone with a partner. The interview consisted of much more difficult and vague questioning, however the partner revealed that they wanted to see how I answered under a bit of pressure and with little guidance. I would also mention that I am a psychology major, and that my interviewers were very curious about how I chose my field of study and what I wanted to do with it.

Interview Question – What are some explicit and compelling examples of why you are the candidate I want to hire over some Harvard prodigy?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation at all. I would consider that this is an invaluable experience to be had, and an increasingly rare opportunity for an undergraduate.

Chicago, IL

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at PwC in September 2011.

Interview Details – Everyone was very friendly, and helpful along the process. One of my favorite companies I've interviewed with.

Interview Question – Why technology consulting?   Answer Question

New York, NY

I applied through college or university and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at PwC in September 2011.

Interview Details – One first round of two 30 minute behavioral interviews. Final rounds with longer behavioral interviews.

Interview Question – Give me an example of a time that you had to convince someone else purely by writing.   Answer Question

Boston, MA

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at PwC in October 2011.

Interview Details – The first round of interview took place on campus, it consisted of two separate 30 min 1:1 interviews. The first part was a little bit harder, with a lot of behavioral questions, however it was basically just a friendly conversation. The second interview was more typical, questions were about my resume mostly. No case questions at all. Be sure to ask your questions at the end and take a business card of the interviewer to thank him after the interview.

I have passed the first round and was invited to in-office visit next week.

Interview Question – What would you do if your colleague doesn't want to collaborate with you?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No

Atlanta, GA

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at PwC in October 2011.

Interview Details – The first round consisted of 2-30 min interviews on campus. It was mostly behavioral with two managers typically from the office you are applying to. It is important to let them know what specific area you are interested in even if you decide to change later because they typically recruit by different service areas. I was interviewing for a Technology position but told them I was interested in M&A and then got switched and put into that for the 2nd round.

2nd round was a lunch followed by two hr long interviews with managers and principals within the specific area for which you are applying. Again it was pretty much behavioral and resume stuff. One of them asked me a mini case question but nothing like typical cases and it was more like a discussion. It ends with a panel discussion so you can ask any questions you have left.

They told us, we will hear back withing a week so still waiting to hear back.

Interview Questions

Associate Advisory Interview

Chicago, IL

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at PwC in March 2011.

Interview Details – I applied online for the position and received a call within a few days requesting a time for a phone interview with a recruiter. The interview with the recruiter was basically general information about my resume and my experience within my role. It lasted about 20 minutes.

Within a week I was contacted again to schedule a phone interview with a manager on the team. The manager asked me several questions related to my experience, skills and tools I've used. He was very nice. Interview lasted about 30 minutes.

After a few days I was contacted to schedule another 30 minute phone interview with the Director of the team. I believe normally canadiates only have 1 phone interview with a Director but for some reason I had both manager and Director. Director asked very similar questions to managerand was also nice.

A week later I was asked to come into the office for an in person interview. I was a local canadiate so I did not need travel arrangements but they did offer to pay for air and hotel. When I arrived I was greeted by a host who took me to all 4 of my 30 minute interviews (1 partner, 1 manager, 2 directors). All of the interviews went very well with all questions around my experience and how I would handle certain situations.

Interview Question – Why consulting?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was not able to negotiate my offer, it was lower than expected.

Associate - Advisory Interview

Associate - Advisory
Seattle, WA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at PwC in March 2011.

Interview Details – Interview consisted of four 1:1 interviews. When I arrived I felt very well treated and respected, much more so than at on-campus interviews I had with other employers. They treated me to coffee and I spoke to a few of the team members that worked there for about an hour. Then I had four 30 minute interview with a partner, 2 managers, and a HR manager. The interviews were very friendly and smooth, it didn't feel like an interrogation at all. Each interviewer asked a few similar basic background questions about me and the resume and then focused on a small subset of questions that they were interested in. Nothing technical or difficult. Just the regular history, experience, skills, and behavioral interview questions. All in all it was a positive experience.

Interview Question – Tell of an experience where you were given a task and then partway through it the employer or client requested substantial changes, and how you dealt with it.   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at PwC