PwC

Getting the Interview

65 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Philadelphia, PA

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at PwC in November 2010.

Interview Details – PwC came to my college campus recruiting for accounting and advisory jobs. They gave an overview of the company and what they do, then started the inverviews, one on one.

McLean, VA

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 months - interviewed at PwC in November 2010.

Interview Details – The first round interview consisted of a one-on-one interview with a manager in the industry vertical that I was interested in within the Advisory Practice. The interview was a very standard behavioral type where he assessed my personality and experience by asking questions about my resume. About halfway through the interview, I was asked to role play with the manager as if I was a lead consultant on a particular issue.

The second round interview consisted of an in-office, all-day event where each interviewee was assigned a mentor who took us to the interview locations and answered any informal questions. All the interviewees went to a conference room to do an "ice breaker." After that we all had individualized interview and tour schedules for the day. One important piece of advice: the mentor also submits feedback on your fit within the organization. The three final-round interviews were also behavioral, but the partners and directors asked more specific questions about my interest in consulting, PwC, and experience that would make me well suited for the company.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – There really is minimal negotiation room for recent graduates.

Chicago, IL

The process took 2 days - interviewed at PwC in December 2010.

Interview Details – I didn't have a typical recruiting process. A friend of the family forwarded my resume on to the HR department at PWC and I was contacted via email about an initial phone screen. The phone screen took 30-45min with a Director in the Advisory practice. Three days later I received an email asking me to do an office visit in Chicago.

The office visit consisted of two days of activities. The first day/night was a dinner with recent hires as well as seniors in the Advisory practice. The following day was an office welcome, two interviews with a director and then a partner, an office tour and then a question/answer panel. Overall the interview process was fairly easy. They asked basic questions about my resume, class work, group projects etc. It was more of a conversational interview then anything which made the time go by very quickly.

New York, NY

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at PwC in November 2010.

Interview Details – The first round interview was a 1:1 in-person fit/behavioral interview. Standard questions, like why are you interested in PwC, why should I pick you over another candidate. They were good about getting back to me within the specified time frame. The super-day was well-run and they only invited students from two schools to interview on the day I was there. We were put up in a nice hotel overnight and provided with breakfast and lunch. We had a series of 3 fit/behavioral interviews with managers and a partner, again with the standard fit questions. The people were very welcoming and open and no one tried to stress me out.

Interview Question – What is the greatest global risk a multi-national financial services firm currently faces?   Answer Question

Chicago, IL

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at PwC in September 2010.

Interview Details – Interview Process:
Phone Interview with HR
Phone Interview with Director (From the Practice)
On-site Interview with Directors (4 Directors)

The phone interviews were basically just background check and discussions around career experiences. On-site interviews were job-related questions (process, technical skilss, etc).

Interview Question – Why PwC?   Answer Question

Chicago, IL

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at PwC in November 2010.

Interview Details – For as big as PwC is, I felt that they spent a very minimal amount of time with candidates. I think that is a mix of their ability to quickly judge fit and skills and because of how large the organization is. It was informative but was hard to get an idea of what I would be doing specifically.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time you worked through a process from start to finish? Can you draw that process on the board for me?   Answer Question

McLean, VA

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at PwC in October 2010.

Interview Details – I met with a VP for an on campus interview. It was a typical behavioral and resume interview. The questions were not very difficult.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time you displayed skills in leadership?   Answer Question

Los Angeles, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at PwC in January 2008.

Interview Details – Someone came to my school to speak about the company and encouraged us to apply. I sent in my resume and was contacted to participate in a first-round personal interview on my campus. After that, they invited me to their office for a second-round interview with 3 different individuals for 30 minutes each.

In general, the questions were much more geared towards what kind of person you were and how strong your soft skills were, instead of technical skills and knowledge. After working here, I believe the Firm has an attitude that they can teach you the technical skills you will need and even coach your behavior, but they want to make sure you are the kind of person they would want to work with on their projects and they would feel comfortable putting in front of their clients.

Extra emphasis is placed on how comfortable and professional the person was. Oh, and table manners at the post-interview lunch and pre-interview dinner will be a factor, so be on your best behavior all the way until you completely leave the office.

Interview Question – At this company we work a lot in teams. Describe a time you worked in a team and what you did to facilitate the success of the team's goal.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There is no negotiation for college hires. They have a fixed agreement they offer everyone, and it is a take it or leave it situation. It may be different for experienced industry hires.

Washington, DC

The process took 2 days - interviewed at PwC in July 2008.

Interview Details – Applied for the position via online job posting. Received an email to schedule a phone interview. After the phone interview had 3 back to back interviews with directors of the company. Interview was conversational, discussion about the resume, director's had very similar questions. It was very laid back. After the interview, associates took a few of us to lunch. Dont let your guards down, they are also interviewers.

Interview Question – Why would you want to work for pwc?   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Chicago, IL

The process took 2 months - interviewed at PwC in May 2009.

Interview Details – The interview process was pretty standard. It consisted of 3 rounds. The second round was only somewhat technical in that I was asked how I felt about the federal governments involvement in the GM bankruptcy. Everything else asked was about my resume and personal life.

Interview Questions

• How do you feel about the government's role in the GM bankruptcy?   Answer Question
  • Tell me about a time when your classmates were struggling with a certain issue and you provided insight that allowed everyone to find the solution.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I negotiated nothing.

Interviews for Top Jobs at PwC