PwC

Updated Jan 19, 2015

2.9

87 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through college or university – interviewed at PwC in October 2012.

The interview in their chicago office was really relaxed. They were all really nice. They mostly asked me about my resume and just behavioral questions. When I had my on campus interview I was asked one case question, which I bombed, but I was still invited back for a second round interview

Interview Questions
  • They asked a case question regarding sub prime mortgages and bank regulation. That was difficult mostly because it was unexpected.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for PwC

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at PwC in October 2012.

I apply from my university's job fair. And got an on campus interview with them. I supposed to meet with one manager, but he introduced me to another director. So I talked to two people on that day.
    Two days later, they invited me to their office on Fri. I visited there and did three behavior interviews, plus some detailed questions based on my Resume. The whole process was smooth, and no difficult questions. But they reject me on Mon., I cannot think of any reason for that. Maybe they just want to find some cheap kids to work for them.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbia, SC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbia, SC

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at PwC in August 2012.

I interviewd with 2 Managers and a Senior Associate. They were all very friendly and open about the opportunity and projects. They mentioned the pros and cons of the job and asked simple questions about job history, goals, and previous experiences.

Interview Questions
    • The most unexpected question was did I ever see a colleague cheat on a test and how did I handle the situation.   Answer Question
    The offer was firm and I wish my salary was higher but the sign on bonus was generous and allowed me to accept the position. I look foward to having a long-lasting career with PwC.

Advisory Associate Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at PwC in August 2012.

I spoke with a recruiter on-campus in the fall to speak about an internship. The communication was very simple and straight forward. PwC always keeps you in the loop. I did an internship with them (client-service) and then was offerred an full-time position early August. In the interview they asked about my studies, my preferred line of service, certification, and behavioral questions

Interview Questions
    No negotiation really. All associates get paid the same depending on your line of service, market, and position.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at PwC in April 2012.

I got the email ask me to phone interview with a manger. Phone interview was all about behavior questions.
    Two weeks later got the email ask to to onsite. 30 Min with director, and 30 Min with the manager. Behavior questions and some very technical questions.
    3 days later, got the email ask me to do phone interview with the partner. 30 Min was very causal conversation. They wanted to get to know your personality.
    4 Days after the final round, got the offer.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

The process took a dayinterviewed at PwC in February 2012.

The first round was a preliminary phone interview, which I would describe as pretty simple. The interviewer just wanted to make sure that I was actually interested in the position. The in-person interview consisted of 5 independent interviews with various members of the staff - HR rep, partner, senior manager, director, and managing director. None were particularly difficult, as long as you maintain a conversational atmosphere, rather than a strict question-answer.

Interview Questions
    • Why did you go to law school if you intended on going into the business sector.   View Answer
    N/A. There was no negotiation process, I simply took the position offered.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at PwC in December 2011.

I had two phone interviews with PwC, the first being with a representative from HR, and the second with a Director in the advisory industry my resume was tailored towards. They were straightforward behavioral interviews, inquiring about my experience and interest in PwC. From there I was flown out to San Francisco for my final round of interviews. The night before we had a networking reception for all those interviewing the next day. On the day of my interview I met separately with a Partner and a Managing Director. The interviews were behavioral for the most part again, but with some industry specific questioning.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you worked in a group. What kind of leadership role did you take on? Were there any roadblocks that you had to overcome, and if so, how did you do it?   Answer Question
    I may have been able to negotiate, but did not attempt to do so.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at PwC in December 2011.

Interviewing process was unexpectedly fun and interesting. During the office interview, all the interview candidates were asked to sit the partners seat in a office, while the interviewers rotated between different interviewees. It made you comfortable and reinforce that one of PwC's core values in the importance it gives to its people

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult question was the case style interview.   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

The process took a dayinterviewed at PwC in November 2011.

My interview started around eleven with a nice lunch and presentation from the company. It is just some general information about the interview and intern program. During the lunch, the company would assign one of their new entrants to lead you through the whole interviw process. They are all very nice, so try to ask any question you might have before walking into the interviewer's office. I had three vack to back interviews, but they are all behavior questions. It is more like a conversation, so be confident, nothing to be scared of

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at PwC in November 2011.

I applied through my college's recruiting program which simply required a resume drop and an online profile. First interview round consisted of two 30 min. interviews on campus with two senior associates who both had joined the firm within the past 12 months due to the strong advisory practice growth. At the time of my interview I was not given any indication of which part of advisory I would be placed in and I was asked extensively about my interests (so they could decide for me). I was asked about a time where I was faced with a difficult decision/conflict and details about how I handled it. I also was asked about how I would approach a problem in which I had no prior knowledge about the firm/subject. My second interview was in the Boston office, and I had two more 45 min. interviews with senior associates that had recently joined the firm. They were both very good interviewers and asked tailored questions to understand more about my personality and what I found valuable in my past experiences. They seemed to appreciate a candid and enthusiastic approach in answering their questions. Final interview was a full two weeks without hearing any word from my superday, and it was over the phone with a partner. The interview consisted of much more difficult and vague questioning, however the partner revealed that they wanted to see how I answered under a bit of pressure and with little guidance. I would also mention that I am a psychology major, and that my interviewers were very curious about how I chose my field of study and what I wanted to do with it.

Interview Questions
    • What are some explicit and compelling examples of why you are the candidate I want to hire over some Harvard prodigy?   Answer Question
    There was no negotiation at all. I would consider that this is an invaluable experience to be had, and an increasingly rare opportunity for an undergraduate.