PwC Advisory Associate Interview Questions & Reviews

2.8

70 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Boston, MA
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I interviewed through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at PwC in October 2011.

The first round of interview took place on campus, it consisted of two separate 30 min 1:1 interviews. The first part was a little bit harder, with a lot of behavioral questions, however it was basically just a friendly conversation. The second interview was more typical, questions were about my resume mostly. No case questions at all. Be sure to ask your questions at the end and take a business card of the interviewer to thank him after the interview.

I have passed the first round and was invited to in-office visit next week.

Interview Questions
  • What would you do if your colleague doesn't want to collaborate with you?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for PwC

Anonymous Employee  in  Atlanta, GA
    Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at PwC in October 2011.

The first round consisted of 2-30 min interviews on campus. It was mostly behavioral with two managers typically from the office you are applying to. It is important to let them know what specific area you are interested in even if you decide to change later because they typically recruit by different service areas. I was interviewing for a Technology position but told them I was interested in M&A and then got switched and put into that for the 2nd round.

2nd round was a lunch followed by two hr long interviews with managers and principals within the specific area for which you are applying. Again it was pretty much behavioral and resume stuff. One of them asked me a mini case question but nothing like typical cases and it was more like a discussion. It ends with a panel discussion so you can ask any questions you have left.

They told us, we will hear back withing a week so still waiting to hear back.

Associate Advisory Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I interviewed online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at PwC in March 2011.

I applied online for the position and received a call within a few days requesting a time for a phone interview with a recruiter. The interview with the recruiter was basically general information about my resume and my experience within my role. It lasted about 20 minutes.

Within a week I was contacted again to schedule a phone interview with a manager on the team. The manager asked me several questions related to my experience, skills and tools I've used. He was very nice. Interview lasted about 30 minutes.

After a few days I was contacted to schedule another 30 minute phone interview with the Director of the team. I believe normally canadiates only have 1 phone interview with a Director but for some reason I had both manager and Director. Director asked very similar questions to managerand was also nice.

A week later I was asked to come into the office for an in person interview. I was a local canadiate so I did not need travel arrangements but they did offer to pay for air and hotel. When I arrived I was greeted by a host who took me to all 4 of my 30 minute interviews (1 partner, 1 manager, 2 directors). All of the interviews went very well with all questions around my experience and how I would handle certain situations.

Interview Questions
    I was not able to negotiate my offer, it was lower than expected.

Associate - Advisory Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Seattle, WA
    Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took a day - interviewed at PwC in March 2011.

Interview consisted of four 1:1 interviews. When I arrived I felt very well treated and respected, much more so than at on-campus interviews I had with other employers. They treated me to coffee and I spoke to a few of the team members that worked there for about an hour. Then I had four 30 minute interview with a partner, 2 managers, and a HR manager. The interviews were very friendly and smooth, it didn't feel like an interrogation at all. Each interviewer asked a few similar basic background questions about me and the resume and then focused on a small subset of questions that they were interested in. Nothing technical or difficult. Just the regular history, experience, skills, and behavioral interview questions. All in all it was a positive experience.

Interview Questions
    • Tell of an experience where you were given a task and then partway through it the employer or client requested substantial changes, and how you dealt with it.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee  in  New York, NY
    Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I interviewed online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at PwC in March 2011.

Phone interview with HR experienced hire recruiter. Very positive and helpful in instructing me to re-write my resume to fit the position. Followed up with senior manager phone interview, again, very positive but the salary range was not what I was looking for.

Anonymous Employee  in  Philadelphia, PA
    Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at PwC in November 2010.

PwC came to my college campus recruiting for accounting and advisory jobs. They gave an overview of the company and what they do, then started the inverviews, one on one.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  McLean, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 2 months - interviewed at PwC in November 2010.

The first round interview consisted of a one-on-one interview with a manager in the industry vertical that I was interested in within the Advisory Practice. The interview was a very standard behavioral type where he assessed my personality and experience by asking questions about my resume. About halfway through the interview, I was asked to role play with the manager as if I was a lead consultant on a particular issue.

The second round interview consisted of an in-office, all-day event where each interviewee was assigned a mentor who took us to the interview locations and answered any informal questions. All the interviewees went to a conference room to do an "ice breaker." After that we all had individualized interview and tour schedules for the day. One important piece of advice: the mentor also submits feedback on your fit within the organization. The three final-round interviews were also behavioral, but the partners and directors asked more specific questions about my interest in consulting, PwC, and experience that would make me well suited for the company.

Interview Questions
    There really is minimal negotiation room for recent graduates.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

The process took 2 days - interviewed at PwC in December 2010.

I didn't have a typical recruiting process. A friend of the family forwarded my resume on to the HR department at PWC and I was contacted via email about an initial phone screen. The phone screen took 30-45min with a Director in the Advisory practice. Three days later I received an email asking me to do an office visit in Chicago.

The office visit consisted of two days of activities. The first day/night was a dinner with recent hires as well as seniors in the Advisory practice. The following day was an office welcome, two interviews with a director and then a partner, an office tour and then a question/answer panel. Overall the interview process was fairly easy. They asked basic questions about my resume, class work, group projects etc. It was more of a conversational interview then anything which made the time go by very quickly.

Interview Questions
    • When have you worked on a group project? What was the project? and describe the process from start to finish.   Answer Question
    • Why PWC?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 2 days - interviewed at PwC in November 2010.

The first round interview was a 1:1 in-person fit/behavioral interview. Standard questions, like why are you interested in PwC, why should I pick you over another candidate. They were good about getting back to me within the specified time frame. The super-day was well-run and they only invited students from two schools to interview on the day I was there. We were put up in a nice hotel overnight and provided with breakfast and lunch. We had a series of 3 fit/behavioral interviews with managers and a partner, again with the standard fit questions. The people were very welcoming and open and no one tried to stress me out.

Interview Questions
    • What is the greatest global risk a multi-national financial services firm currently faces?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee  in  Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I interviewed online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at PwC in September 2010.

Interview Process:
    Phone Interview with HR
    Phone Interview with Director (From the Practice)
    On-site Interview with Directors (4 Directors)

The phone interviews were basically just background check and discussions around career experiences. On-site interviews were job-related questions (process, technical skilss, etc).