PwC Advisory Associate Interview Questions

Updated Jul 7, 2015

2.9

Advisory Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at PwC.

Interview

Campus recruit. Submitted resume online and was called for On-campus interview. Later was asked to come for on-site interview with 3 senior people including a partner

Interview Questions

• Mostly behavioral questions with emphasis on knowing if you can hold conversations and not get phased by client demands   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation for a college hire.

Other Interview Reviews for PwC

Anonymous Employee in Tysons Corner, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at PwC (Tysons Corner, VA) in April 2014.

Interview

I went through two interview processes. One was a phone interview and then I was brought in for a face-to-face interview. The face-to-face interview included 3 behavioral interviews and a case interview. I thought that I nailed the entire thing, but I was not offered the position because they did not have a client for me to work on. I was sent an impersonal email from a "do not reply" email account rather than an email from the recruiter who I was corresponding with through the entire process.

Interview Questions

• The questions were all behavioral, and annoyingly repetitive.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at PwC (New York, NY) in March 2014.

Interview

Campus Interview, nothing special. Just bahavior based interview overall. The interviewer was very nice ask a lots of inrelevent questions such as where you came from, how do you like your school etc. Then I heard back from them after two weeks. Then invited to the office. Their office looks really nice, I meet with two partners and a manager. The second round interview questions is similar to first round, except more questions on how you will fit into the company's culature.

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at PwC (Miami, FL).

Interview

The night before the first interview there was a dinner to get to know other interviewees and all interviewers. It wasnt mandatory but its definitely a good opportunity to get familiar with the person who will be interviewing you. First interview was on campus by a partner. Fairly easy interview, spoke about why you would be a good fit and past experiences. The second interview was at the desired office. I was interviewed by 3 different people, the first was similar to the interview with the partner, we spoke about past experience, why that office etc. The second interview was more of a informatory session, where the individual spoke of the department, responsibilities etc. The third was a technical interview since I applied for an ITPA position.

Interview Questions

• The most unexpected question had to do with data centers...cant quite remember the question.   Answer Question

Advisory Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at PwC.

Interview

On Campus Recruiting. Interviewed at Career Center. The questions are all behavioral questions and no technical questions. But he did ask if I had experience with tech platform kind of stuff since the position is Tech Associate.

Interview Questions

• Nothing really special basically job related and resume oriented.   Answer Question

Advisory Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at PwC in January 2014.

Interview

Applied on Campus and was contacted about a week later for on-campus first round. Behavioral case with partner... Nothing unexpected just your typical behavioral questions. Was contacted two days later about an interview at one of their offices. 2 behavioral 1 case. Again nothing unexpected. Great company quick turn around, great place to work!

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Did not negotiate

Advisory Associate Interview

Interview

Attended info session, submitted resume, got phone interview, a week later had an office visit, received an offer shortly there after. People seemed to genuinely enjoy the team spirit.

Interview Questions

• Phone interview was quite extensive   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at PwC (Houston, TX) in October 2013.

Interview

Applied via college online recruiting system. Dropped my resume online, received a first round interview in about a week, three days later was contacted with a second round interview, had the second round four days later, received an offer the next day.

Interview Questions

• "So, what do you want to do?"   1 Answer

Advisory Associate Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at PwC.

Interview

Phone interview then a follow-up face-to-face

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at PwC (New York, NY).

Interview

Recruited through on campus recruiting process. Involved initial behavioral interview on campus with one manager followed by an office visit with 3 others at the New York office, where I talked to a manager, partner and director. Got a chance to meet several associates and senior associates as well. No case interviews here (unlike my experience with other firms). All behavioral questions.

Interview Questions

• Wasn't particularly difficult. Interviews were conversations that revolved around my prior work during internships.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Salaries seem pretty set in stone.