PwC

66 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Very Easy Interview

Chicago, IL

The process took 2 months - interviewed at PwC in May 2009.

Interview Details – The interview process was pretty standard. It consisted of 3 rounds. The second round was only somewhat technical in that I was asked how I felt about the federal governments involvement in the GM bankruptcy. Everything else asked was about my resume and personal life.

Interview Questions

• How do you feel about the government's role in the GM bankruptcy?   Answer Question
  • Tell me about a time when your classmates were struggling with a certain issue and you provided insight that allowed everyone to find the solution.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I negotiated nothing.

McLean, VA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at PwC in July 2008.

Interview Details – Had an initial phone conversation where the recruiter asked what I was looking for. I was coming from an engineering manufacturing company where I had a background in Continuous Improvement and Supply Chain Management. Followed by an in-person interview with two senior associates, and a manger. After that initial round of interviews, I was called the next day to set up a final interview with a Managing Director. Usually they have you interview with Managers and a Director and the final round with a Partner, but I guess this team was different.

I received a call the next business day with a verbal offer where I negotiated for a sign-on bonus. I received the written offer later that afternoon and accepted the offer.

Interview Question – Why do you want to leave your current position?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – It was over the phone with the recruiter. She offered me a base and I asked for more. She said she would check with the Managing Director and came back about 10 minutes later saying that the MD approved a sign-on bonus, but that was as high as they would go.

Chicago, IL

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at PwC in February 2010.

Interview Details – The people at PwC were great. The final interview day consisted of three one-on-one interviews where we just talked about my experiences and what it's like to work at the firm. They really tried to get to know me instead of simply asking scripted questions.

Interview Question – Why PwC?   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Atlanta, GA

I applied through college or university and the process took 1 week - interviewed at PwC in June 2008.

Interview Details – The recruiting process on campus all together lasted a full semester with many entertaining social events and opportunities to mingle with the people you could eventually be working with. Everyone was always extremely kind and willing to do anything they could to help you. After an on-campus interview, you may be offered a chance to travel to the office for a visit to tour the facility. During this time you will be presented with a group information session, as well as three interviews--oh yeah and they put you up in expensive hotels and take you to eat at expensive restaurants, but concentrate on the interviews :-) You will interview with someone just above your level, usually a senior associate; this one is mainly behavioral. You will next have a more technical interview (in my case, because my position was rather technical). The last interview is another behavioral interview, only this time you are interviewing with a partner in the practice. Don't freak out--the partners are very down-to-earth and are just as easy to talk to as your best friend. Just don't become too informal during the process. After leaving the office I had a call the next day with the results of the interview and my offer letter with the next week.

Interview Question – General Behavioral Questions   View Answer

Negotiation Details – It's best to have a second offer letter to use as leverage during negotiation, but I actually didn't even interview at another firm, so of course that was out of the question for me. I was still able to negotiate an additional $5000 per year, although they seem at first as though the salary is set and there is nothing they can do about it. I never actually heard back from them about it until I got a duplicate offer letter in the mail that had my new salary on it.

Dallas, TX

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at PwC in November 2007.

Interview Details – The interview process began with a half hour one on one interview on campus. After that, I was contacted for a second interview referred to as the office visit. PwC took all the candidates to dinner the night before to give us an opportunity to network with and observe the people who work there. I felt this was a good opportunity to prove you could interact well and provide a good first impression. The following day, the office visit took place. First, they provided breakfast and a presentation on their company. I really appreciated that part of the day because they exposed you to the exciting opportunities they had to offer, and it really helped reinforce why you were there. After that, three separate interviews were conducted. They were a little intimidating, but the interviewers did a good job at making you feel comfortable. There was a lot of emphasis on my point of view and any questions I had, so I would suggest having a few questions in mind before the office visit. Finally, they took us to lunch to finish the day and contacted me shortly afterward. Overall, it was an exciting experience, and I feel that PwC has a great process.

Interview Questions

• What is the most difficult experience you have had when working with others? Why, how did it get to that point, and how did you handle it? What would you change? How did this affect you?   View Answer
  • After what you've seen so far, what else would you like to know/interests you about our company?   View Answer

New York, NY

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at PwC in November 2008.

Interview Details – This process began with on-campus recruitment where PwC visited and conducted first round interviews. A dinner with people from the team I was interviewing for was held the night before which was incredibly helpful and allowed for great insight into the interview the next day. This initial interview was a fairly easy behavioral interview, b/c I had made my impression already the night before at dinner (I sat next to the person who interviewed me). The next step was a full day interview on-site at the PwC building in NYC. I interviewed with 3 people - HR and 2 managers on the team. There was a lunch with a peer where I was able to ask additional questions, and a panel where I heard from recent hires. The day was long, but it was done well. The interviews did not involve a case, but were very behavioral and situationally based. Lots of examples were requested and details were required. Finally, there was a 1 hour interview with the head partner over the phone which was supposed to be a formality. It turned into a pretty detailed and specific interview about what I had done and what I wanted to do. I believe this last interview played a role in my negotiation. Overall culture was impressive, and build upon a platform of a "coaching environment". Overall office atmosphere was busy, but light-hearted.

Interview Question – Please describe for me an experience when you were asked to lead a team. Walk me through your initial thought process regarding setting it up, forming the team. What went right? What went wrong? Be more specific. Okay, now take me back before that and tell me what you were thinking. Why were you thinking that? What experiences in the past helped you to think that way? Okay, let's go back to where we were. Etc.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Very little. However I did try. I had another offer on the table for significantly more money, at a higher pay grade. But, the other company was inferior, and thus there were fewer long term prospects. I went back and forth with my HR representative, who in turn was going back and forth with a partner in the group I was accepted into. I would suggest always negotiating, but be careful, and consider the economic times. Do your homework and understand what you are worth, benchmark against other companies in the area so you know your range and consider negotiating for things OTHER than salary.

Jakarta (Indonesia)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at PwC.

Interview Details – First interview was with Senior Manager and Line Manager, questioning your CV inside out, every detail of it. Questions about experiences handling issues in team environment (behavioural). Second interview was business case study with another Line Manager, pretty much testing your basic accounting skills.

Interview Question – Case study question can be very challenging, be prepared to think fast and accurate with your numbers, no calcs allowed.   Answer Question

Almaty (Kazakhstan)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 5 days - interviewed at PwC in October 2010.

Interview Details – Two hour case study plus five interviews with senior guys (SM and above)

Interview Question – All the questions were pretty straightforward   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Yes, negotiated

Makati City (Philippines)

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at PwC in October 2011.

Interview Details – I submitted my resume and application online. After a day, the HR called and texted me for an entrance exam and interview. I waited for the exam and interview result for about 2 days then I was scheduled for an inteeview with the manager. HR interview is mostly situational questions and your past actions on specific situations.

Interview Question – Have you ever cheated and lied in your life?   Answer Question

Singapore (Singapore)

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at PwC in December 2012.

Interview Details – assessment centre:
technical test (individual), case studies and discussion (both individual and group)...

interview with associate director:
took about 45mins-1hr, software development related questions, how you resolve conflicts, challenges faced, an accomplishment and recent issues...

interview with partner:
took about 15mins, casual get to know you kind of questions...

Interview Question – what is one of your accomplishment?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – did not negotiate, big 4 firms have pretty transparent, fixed and similar salary packages...

Interviews for Top Jobs at PwC