PwC Advisory Associate Interview Questions

Updated Jun 28, 2015

2.9

Advisory Associate Interview

Interview

Campus recruiting. Submit resume then wait for one week. The first interview was in campus. Meet with two recruiters, one director and the other one manager. Got invited to the super day after about a month.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for PwC

Advisory Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at PwC in November 2012.

Interview

Applied online through my school and got notified for an on-campus interview. Had a one-on-one interview about a week later. Pretty standard questions - tell me about a time where you had difficulty working with someone in a group, why PwC, etc... Got an email about 2 weeks later saying I would not be moving on but no reason why.

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at PwC (Chicago, IL) in October 2012.

Interview

First round interview was a phone call with an HR rep. The second round interview was another phone call, this time with a director. For the final round interview, I was flown out to Chicago and had three behavioral interviews.

Interview Questions

• I was asked to describe a difficult task in a previous work experience and display my thought process in solving the problem (asked to draw out the steps on a whiteboard).   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at PwC (Chicago, IL) in October 2012.

Interview

The interview in their chicago office was really relaxed. They were all really nice. They mostly asked me about my resume and just behavioral questions. When I had my on campus interview I was asked one case question, which I bombed, but I was still invited back for a second round interview

Interview Questions

• They asked a case question regarding sub prime mortgages and bank regulation. That was difficult mostly because it was unexpected.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at PwC (Philadelphia, PA) in October 2012.

Interview

I apply from my university's job fair. And got an on campus interview with them. I supposed to meet with one manager, but he introduced me to another director. So I talked to two people on that day.
    Two days later, they invited me to their office on Fri. I visited there and did three behavior interviews, plus some detailed questions based on my Resume. The whole process was smooth, and no difficult questions. But they reject me on Mon., I cannot think of any reason for that. Maybe they just want to find some cheap kids to work for them.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbia, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at PwC (Columbia, SC) in August 2012.

Interview

I interviewd with 2 Managers and a Senior Associate. They were all very friendly and open about the opportunity and projects. They mentioned the pros and cons of the job and asked simple questions about job history, goals, and previous experiences.

Interview Questions

• The most unexpected question was did I ever see a colleague cheat on a test and how did I handle the situation.   Answer Question

Negotiation

The offer was firm and I wish my salary was higher but the sign on bonus was generous and allowed me to accept the position. I look foward to having a long-lasting career with PwC.

Advisory Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at PwC in August 2012.

Interview

I spoke with a recruiter on-campus in the fall to speak about an internship. The communication was very simple and straight forward. PwC always keeps you in the loop. I did an internship with them (client-service) and then was offerred an full-time position early August. In the interview they asked about my studies, my preferred line of service, certification, and behavioral questions

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation really. All associates get paid the same depending on your line of service, market, and position.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at PwC (New York, NY) in June 2012.

Interview

With through the experienced hire track. 2 phone interviews just going through the resume. Then on-site interview with 4 rounds. 1 round with the HR manager, 2 rounds with Manager/Director, and 1 round with the Partner. All of them were either talking to my resume or behavioral interviews. No case.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at PwC (Chicago, IL) in April 2012.

Interview

I got the email ask me to phone interview with a manger. Phone interview was all about behavior questions.
    Two weeks later got the email ask to to onsite. 30 Min with director, and 30 Min with the manager. Behavior questions and some very technical questions.
    3 days later, got the email ask me to do phone interview with the partner. 30 Min was very causal conversation. They wanted to get to know your personality.
    4 Days after the final round, got the offer.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

The process took 1 dayinterviewed at PwC (New York, NY) in February 2012.

Interview

The first round was a preliminary phone interview, which I would describe as pretty simple. The interviewer just wanted to make sure that I was actually interested in the position. The in-person interview consisted of 5 independent interviews with various members of the staff - HR rep, partner, senior manager, director, and managing director. None were particularly difficult, as long as you maintain a conversational atmosphere, rather than a strict question-answer.

Interview Questions

• Why did you go to law school if you intended on going into the business sector.   1 Answer

Negotiation

N/A. There was no negotiation process, I simply took the position offered.