PwC

Updated Dec 11, 2014

2.9

82 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at PwC in September 2011.

One first round of two 30 minute behavioral interviews. Final rounds with longer behavioral interviews.

Interview Questions
  • Give me an example of a time that you had to convince someone else purely by writing.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for PwC

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at PwC in September 2011.

Go through my resume, and ask some general questions about my experience in resume

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at PwC in September 2011.

Everyone was very friendly, and helpful along the process. One of my favorite companies I've interviewed with.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at PwC in March 2011.

Phone interview with HR experienced hire recruiter. Very positive and helpful in instructing me to re-write my resume to fit the position. Followed up with senior manager phone interview, again, very positive but the salary range was not what I was looking for.

Associate - Advisory Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at PwC in March 2011.

Interview consisted of four 1:1 interviews. When I arrived I felt very well treated and respected, much more so than at on-campus interviews I had with other employers. They treated me to coffee and I spoke to a few of the team members that worked there for about an hour. Then I had four 30 minute interview with a partner, 2 managers, and a HR manager. The interviews were very friendly and smooth, it didn't feel like an interrogation at all. Each interviewer asked a few similar basic background questions about me and the resume and then focused on a small subset of questions that they were interested in. Nothing technical or difficult. Just the regular history, experience, skills, and behavioral interview questions. All in all it was a positive experience.

Interview Questions
    • Tell of an experience where you were given a task and then partway through it the employer or client requested substantial changes, and how you dealt with it.   Answer Question

Associate Advisory Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at PwC in March 2011.

I applied online for the position and received a call within a few days requesting a time for a phone interview with a recruiter. The interview with the recruiter was basically general information about my resume and my experience within my role. It lasted about 20 minutes.

Within a week I was contacted again to schedule a phone interview with a manager on the team. The manager asked me several questions related to my experience, skills and tools I've used. He was very nice. Interview lasted about 30 minutes.

After a few days I was contacted to schedule another 30 minute phone interview with the Director of the team. I believe normally canadiates only have 1 phone interview with a Director but for some reason I had both manager and Director. Director asked very similar questions to managerand was also nice.

A week later I was asked to come into the office for an in person interview. I was a local canadiate so I did not need travel arrangements but they did offer to pay for air and hotel. When I arrived I was greeted by a host who took me to all 4 of my 30 minute interviews (1 partner, 1 manager, 2 directors). All of the interviews went very well with all questions around my experience and how I would handle certain situations.

Interview Questions
    I was not able to negotiate my offer, it was lower than expected.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

The process took 2 daysinterviewed at PwC in December 2010.

I didn't have a typical recruiting process. A friend of the family forwarded my resume on to the HR department at PWC and I was contacted via email about an initial phone screen. The phone screen took 30-45min with a Director in the Advisory practice. Three days later I received an email asking me to do an office visit in Chicago.

The office visit consisted of two days of activities. The first day/night was a dinner with recent hires as well as seniors in the Advisory practice. The following day was an office welcome, two interviews with a director and then a partner, an office tour and then a question/answer panel. Overall the interview process was fairly easy. They asked basic questions about my resume, class work, group projects etc. It was more of a conversational interview then anything which made the time go by very quickly.

Interview Questions
    • When have you worked on a group project? What was the project? and describe the process from start to finish.   Answer Question
    • Why PWC?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at PwC in December 2010.

Very normal interviews to look for interest, personality/cultural match. Fortunately for me, the local sports team was in the World Series, so we spoke about our sports passion for most of the time.

Interview Questions
    • We are in the business of client services. What have you done that demonstrates the values of our firm?   Answer Question
    Coming out of undergrad, you do not have much room to negotiate. Might as well try!

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at PwC in November 2010.

The first round interview consisted of a one-on-one interview with a manager in the industry vertical that I was interested in within the Advisory Practice. The interview was a very standard behavioral type where he assessed my personality and experience by asking questions about my resume. About halfway through the interview, I was asked to role play with the manager as if I was a lead consultant on a particular issue.

The second round interview consisted of an in-office, all-day event where each interviewee was assigned a mentor who took us to the interview locations and answered any informal questions. All the interviewees went to a conference room to do an "ice breaker." After that we all had individualized interview and tour schedules for the day. One important piece of advice: the mentor also submits feedback on your fit within the organization. The three final-round interviews were also behavioral, but the partners and directors asked more specific questions about my interest in consulting, PwC, and experience that would make me well suited for the company.

Interview Questions
    There really is minimal negotiation room for recent graduates.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at PwC in November 2010.

PwC came to my college campus recruiting for accounting and advisory jobs. They gave an overview of the company and what they do, then started the inverviews, one on one.