PwC Advisory Associate Interview Questions

Updated Mar 23, 2015

2.9

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at PwC in April 2012.

I got the email ask me to phone interview with a manger. Phone interview was all about behavior questions.
Two weeks later got the email ask to to onsite. 30 Min with director, and 30 Min with the manager. Behavior questions and some very technical questions.
3 days later, got the email ask me to do phone interview with the partner. 30 Min was very causal conversation. They wanted to get to know your personality.
4 Days after the final round, got the offer.

Other Interview Reviews for PwC

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

The process took a dayinterviewed at PwC in February 2012.

The first round was a preliminary phone interview, which I would describe as pretty simple. The interviewer just wanted to make sure that I was actually interested in the position. The in-person interview consisted of 5 independent interviews with various members of the staff - HR rep, partner, senior manager, director, and managing director. None were particularly difficult, as long as you maintain a conversational atmosphere, rather than a strict question-answer.

Interview Questions
    • Why did you go to law school if you intended on going into the business sector.   View Answer
    N/A. There was no negotiation process, I simply took the position offered.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at PwC in December 2011.

I had two phone interviews with PwC, the first being with a representative from HR, and the second with a Director in the advisory industry my resume was tailored towards. They were straightforward behavioral interviews, inquiring about my experience and interest in PwC. From there I was flown out to San Francisco for my final round of interviews. The night before we had a networking reception for all those interviewing the next day. On the day of my interview I met separately with a Partner and a Managing Director. The interviews were behavioral for the most part again, but with some industry specific questioning.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you worked in a group. What kind of leadership role did you take on? Were there any roadblocks that you had to overcome, and if so, how did you do it?   Answer Question
    I may have been able to negotiate, but did not attempt to do so.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at PwC in December 2011.

Interviewing process was unexpectedly fun and interesting. During the office interview, all the interview candidates were asked to sit the partners seat in a office, while the interviewers rotated between different interviewees. It made you comfortable and reinforce that one of PwC's core values in the importance it gives to its people

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult question was the case style interview.   View Answer

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

The process took a dayinterviewed at PwC in November 2011.

My interview started around eleven with a nice lunch and presentation from the company. It is just some general information about the interview and intern program. During the lunch, the company would assign one of their new entrants to lead you through the whole interviw process. They are all very nice, so try to ask any question you might have before walking into the interviewer's office. I had three vack to back interviews, but they are all behavior questions. It is more like a conversation, so be confident, nothing to be scared of

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at PwC in November 2011.

I applied through my college's recruiting program which simply required a resume drop and an online profile. First interview round consisted of two 30 min. interviews on campus with two senior associates who both had joined the firm within the past 12 months due to the strong advisory practice growth. At the time of my interview I was not given any indication of which part of advisory I would be placed in and I was asked extensively about my interests (so they could decide for me). I was asked about a time where I was faced with a difficult decision/conflict and details about how I handled it. I also was asked about how I would approach a problem in which I had no prior knowledge about the firm/subject. My second interview was in the Boston office, and I had two more 45 min. interviews with senior associates that had recently joined the firm. They were both very good interviewers and asked tailored questions to understand more about my personality and what I found valuable in my past experiences. They seemed to appreciate a candid and enthusiastic approach in answering their questions. Final interview was a full two weeks without hearing any word from my superday, and it was over the phone with a partner. The interview consisted of much more difficult and vague questioning, however the partner revealed that they wanted to see how I answered under a bit of pressure and with little guidance. I would also mention that I am a psychology major, and that my interviewers were very curious about how I chose my field of study and what I wanted to do with it.

Interview Questions
    • What are some explicit and compelling examples of why you are the candidate I want to hire over some Harvard prodigy?   Answer Question
    There was no negotiation at all. I would consider that this is an invaluable experience to be had, and an increasingly rare opportunity for an undergraduate.

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD
    Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at PwC in October 2011.

Received 2 employee referrals, one of them who sent the HR dept. my resume and cover letter. Got a phone call a few weeks later, conducted 2 phone interviews and was not offered a job due to lack of experience and downturn in hiring, etc.

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA
    Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at PwC in October 2011.

The first round consisted of 2-30 min interviews on campus. It was mostly behavioral with two managers typically from the office you are applying to. It is important to let them know what specific area you are interested in even if you decide to change later because they typically recruit by different service areas. I was interviewing for a Technology position but told them I was interested in M&A and then got switched and put into that for the 2nd round.

2nd round was a lunch followed by two hr long interviews with managers and principals within the specific area for which you are applying. Again it was pretty much behavioral and resume stuff. One of them asked me a mini case question but nothing like typical cases and it was more like a discussion. It ends with a panel discussion so you can ask any questions you have left.

They told us, we will hear back withing a week so still waiting to hear back.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at PwC in October 2011.

The first round of interview took place on campus, it consisted of two separate 30 min 1:1 interviews. The first part was a little bit harder, with a lot of behavioral questions, however it was basically just a friendly conversation. The second interview was more typical, questions were about my resume mostly. No case questions at all. Be sure to ask your questions at the end and take a business card of the interviewer to thank him after the interview.

I have passed the first round and was invited to in-office visit next week.

Interview Questions
    • What would you do if your colleague doesn't want to collaborate with you?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL
    Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

The process took a weekinterviewed at PwC in October 2011.

I was really excited to have a phone interview with PwC for an advisory associate position because many agencies say PwC is hiring aggressively in 2011/2012. However, the recruiting officer was terrible at conducting a phone interview. There were no conversations back and forth; instead she asked questions 1,2,3,4,5 down the list and I asked her questions and that was it. But no doubt PwC still remains one of the most prestigious companies to work for around the world.