PwC

Average Difficulty
4 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

McLean, VA

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 months - interviewed at PwC in November 2010.

Interview Details – The first round interview consisted of a one-on-one interview with a manager in the industry vertical that I was interested in within the Advisory Practice. The interview was a very standard behavioral type where he assessed my personality and experience by asking questions about my resume. About halfway through the interview, I was asked to role play with the manager as if I was a lead consultant on a particular issue.

The second round interview consisted of an in-office, all-day event where each interviewee was assigned a mentor who took us to the interview locations and answered any informal questions. All the interviewees went to a conference room to do an "ice breaker." After that we all had individualized interview and tour schedules for the day. One important piece of advice: the mentor also submits feedback on your fit within the organization. The three final-round interviews were also behavioral, but the partners and directors asked more specific questions about my interest in consulting, PwC, and experience that would make me well suited for the company.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – There really is minimal negotiation room for recent graduates.

McLean, VA

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at PwC in October 2010.

Interview Details – I met with a VP for an on campus interview. It was a typical behavioral and resume interview. The questions were not very difficult.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time you displayed skills in leadership?   Answer Question

Washington, DC

The process took 2 days - interviewed at PwC in July 2008.

Interview Details – Applied for the position via online job posting. Received an email to schedule a phone interview. After the phone interview had 3 back to back interviews with directors of the company. Interview was conversational, discussion about the resume, director's had very similar questions. It was very laid back. After the interview, associates took a few of us to lunch. Dont let your guards down, they are also interviewers.

Interview Question – Why would you want to work for pwc?   Answer Question

McLean, VA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at PwC in July 2008.

Interview Details – Had an initial phone conversation where the recruiter asked what I was looking for. I was coming from an engineering manufacturing company where I had a background in Continuous Improvement and Supply Chain Management. Followed by an in-person interview with two senior associates, and a manger. After that initial round of interviews, I was called the next day to set up a final interview with a Managing Director. Usually they have you interview with Managers and a Director and the final round with a Partner, but I guess this team was different.

I received a call the next business day with a verbal offer where I negotiated for a sign-on bonus. I received the written offer later that afternoon and accepted the offer.

Interview Question – Why do you want to leave your current position?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – It was over the phone with the recruiter. She offered me a base and I asked for more. She said she would check with the Managing Director and came back about 10 minutes later saying that the MD approved a sign-on bonus, but that was as high as they would go.

Worked for PwC? Contribute to the Community!