PwC Advisory Director Interview Questions

Updated Aug 3, 2015

2.4

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at PwC (Washington, DC).

Interview

Quick and to the point covering technical as well as soft skills. With 3 separate panelists interviewing and asking different questions. All the interviews were on 1 days with myself and other shortlisted candidates

Interview Questions

• Technical process analysis walkthrough question, which was expected and is commonplace in such a regulated industry   Answer Question

Negotiation

Uncomfortable as can be expected, between new relationships being built

Other Interview Reviews for PwC

Advisory Director Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at PwC in October 2014.

Interview

If you are not a recent or upcoming college graduate or have not already worked at one of the other Big 4 Firms, think twice about applying to PwC. It's apparent that the leadership is seeking younger candidates that they can mold to their liking. Nothing wrong with that, they just shouldn't waste other more senior candidates' time when they have no interest in hiring them. My interviewer was a partner and seemed to be very skittish. He had clearly not read my resume with 20 years experience, and started to go through it chronologically, then backed off and asked me to describe my experience. He interrupted me frequently then sat back and looked down at the table between us. He seemed to be uneasy and very relieved when the HR representative arrived to escort me out. The HR representative noted that it was odd that I was not subjected to a group interview or interviews with others on the team. It also seems that fairly generic PwC positions are posted and are left open for months at a time so if a candidate is a "fit" then they can be easily mapped to an open generic position. It's too bad that I had this experience because I really wanted to work there.

Advisory Director Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at PwC in July 2014.

Interview

I was referred by an internal employee, completeted the online application, conducted a phone interview with a recruiter and another Director in the applicable industry segment. Then, flown to a PwC location where I had 3 interviews with a director, managing director and a partner. I received an offer for a "Manager" level with a promise but not guarantee to fast track me to Director.

Negotiation

I gave them my salary requirements, got an offer, then received my current company's annual raise which was higher than I expected. I let PwC know. They countered.

Advisory Director Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at PwC.

Interview

I came in with an acquisition. Very few interviews except at the acquisition company level plus HR within PwC. Most of my discussions had to do with where I would "sit" in the PwC organization once in the door. The other discussions were related to salary, bonus, position level, reporting relationship, seniority, etc.

Negotiation

Very smooth and reasonable.

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Interview

Started the conversation with the hiring partner, who then introduced me to a few more partners in Advisory. It was pretty straight forward, and the offer came shortly after. The interview process took 3-4 weeks, although the salary discussion took a lot longer.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

They insisted on finding how much your current pay is, and offered a moderate bump.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at PwC (New York, NY) in April 2011.

Interview

interview process was long and spread over 5 months. The degree of difficulty was average. For those new to consulting, the independence requirement should be explained better. Many people are caught by surprise by the independence requirements.

Negotiation

None.

Advisory Director Interview

Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at PwC in April 2011.

Interview

the interview process is tedious - it feels like it's run by a bunch of monkeys - it's difficult to understand how such an inept crew could advise others on efficiency

Interview Questions

Negotiation

tedious - a series of broken promises and re-trades

Advisory Director Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at PwC.

Interview

Painful process meeting 4 partners seperately. Very conflicting messages between the partners who had been in the organisation and partners who had recently joined. Turn around took 3 months with lack of pro- activeness.

Interview Questions

• As there is no job description or visibility on how the organisation is structured when ask where do you see yourself driving client engagements.   1 Answer

Advisory Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at PwC (London, England (UK)).

Interview

Telephone interview, face to face, AUDIT BASED Verbal and Numerical Reasoning tests, assessment centre, Partner interview and then HR interview. Not a good impression of the company. Hiring process took far too long, Interviews were double booked so I had to wait around for "someone to become available" (Other people have also noted this!). Watch out for the reasoning tests. They are designed for Audit bean-counters NOT consultants. A number of headhunters and also partners within the firm have confirmed that they are not suited to consultants and it is unlikely you will pass unless you have a finance background. But still a HR dictated mandatory part of the process.

Advisory Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sydney (Australia)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at PwC (Sydney (Australia)) in October 2010.

Interview

The first interview was with a Director in the Supply Chain area, which is not my speciality but it was the only contact the recruiter had at PwC. He said he would need to put me through written tests to demonstrate my knowledge / capability in being able to cost out all aspects of the supply chain. But by the end of the interview, he realised that I had specialised knowledge in a particular industry and offered to set me up with an interview with two industry partners. The two partners came in swinging, asking about my relationships within the industry and knowledge of deep technical projects (which I was able to speak to). They arranged a panel interview with the chair of the practice and two other partners who asked me several questions about a particular project which was on the radar for the industry. I had experience in this area which not many people do globally.

Interview Questions

• Many people know Six Sigma. What makes you stand out?   1 Answer

Negotiation

They asked me to name my fee which they met.