PwC Advisory Experienced Associate Interview Questions

Updated Aug 28, 2015

2.7

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at PwC (McLean, VA).

Interview

I went through 3-4 phone interviews (one with a recruiter and then a few with people from the team) and then was brought in for an in-person interview where I met with four people.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for PwC

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at PwC (Los Angeles, CA) in April 2015.

Interview

After being referred I spoke with the recruiter for the group, who set me up with two phone interviews with managers. After these went well I scheduled a Friday interview where I met and interviewed with the Director and Partner level. I was able to leverage another pending offer to accelerate the timeline.

Interview Questions

• Lets say I am the client and would like to know how many cows there are in the United States. How would you go about determining this? (no internet access)   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at PwC (Chicago, IL) in January 2015.

Interview

The process was very well scheduled and executed. I had 3 phone interviews including one with the HR. They were all behavioral in nature. The case study for the case interview was provided 2 days before the interview that provided sufficient time to study the case. The final interview was face to face at their office. All the interviewers were very polite and helpful. My advice for any applicant would be to stay calm and relaxed and answer all the questions honestly. If you don't know about anything they are talking about just say so.

Interview Questions

• Is there any industry that is facing extinction due to advances in technology?   Answer Question

Experienced Associate - Advisory Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at PwC in November 2014.

Interview

I applied through an employee referral. I was contacted by a Recruiting Manager the following day who wanted a quick rundown of my experiences to determine fit and if my skills were applicable to the role. He then outlined the positions and told me I would soon hear from a scheduler to setup my next interview. 1 week later, the scheduler connected me with a Director for a 30 minute phone interview. Nothing special... Asked for a summary of my experiences and the typical Why PwC questions. The call only lasted about 15 minutes. He expressed interest at the end of the call for a face-to-face. The scheduler contacted me the following Monday to setup three 30 minute interviews in Chicago with a Partner and 2 Directors. The Partner interview was very informal - questions were mostly about fit, experiences, and gave me an in-depth overview of the team, role and projects. The 2nd interview with a Director was very technical and dove deep into many item on my resume, tools used, approaches, techniques, etc. The 3rd interview was purely behavioral and focused on leadership questions.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Not much room to negotiate. If you are joining as an Exp. Associate with a couple of years experiences, you will likely be promoted within the year to Sr. Associate.

Experienced Associate Advisory Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at PwC in September 2014.

Interview

The interview process was comfortable from beginning to end and consisted of two phone interviews (screening with HR Recruiter and technical with a Director), and an in person interview. The in person interview was mostly behavioral and was extremely comfortable/conversational.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation. The salary was fair and competitive within the industry.

Advisory Experienced Associate Interview

Interview

Apply online>2 phone interviews (behavioral/fit)>superday (5 interviews; case studies, fit, etc.)

Negotiation

Screw 'em, hold out for more

Advisory Experienced Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at PwC.

Interview

Step 1: Campus Information Sessions Step 2: Resume screening Step 3: Campus interview with one manager/director Step 4: On-site/office interview - three 30-minute interviews with a senior associate/manager, director and partner. Interviews consisted of technical, case study and personality assessment questions. Step 5: Job offer over phone the same evening. Step 6: 2 weeks for employee decision

Interview Questions

• How long would it take for you to learn and become proficient at a new technology, programming language or software tool? Give an example from your past.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiations on pay. Was given choice of location though.

Experienced Associate - Advisory Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at PwC.

Interview

First round was a campus interview. It was a 45-min interview, consisting of 2 behavioral questions and 1 short case question. It was mainly conversational and the interviewer was really friendly. Second round - office visit - 3 interviews: 1 case study, 1 behavioral with a Manager/Senior Manager, 1 behavioral with a Partner

Interview Questions

• Interview was mostly behavioral and they would like to assess who you are a person on top of your analytical and soft skills   Answer Question

Experienced Associate Advisory Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at PwC.

Interview

First Round- 30 min on campus behavioral interview (tell me about a time when...) Second round- In office. 1 case plus 2 behavioral interviews Case- I was given the case two days before the interview. On day of interview I was given case questions and 45 minutes to create a hand written presentation for a project proposal. The interviewer stayed in character and tried to pick apart what I had prepared 2 45 min behavioral interviews- One manger and one partner. Both were conversations where it was my job to ask questions. Basically it was a human being test, can they put you in front of the client.

Interview Questions

• The case was 5 pages and was pretty detailed as far as what the problem was. Both qualitative and quantitative analysis was required. They gave me blank powerpoint templates and I had 45 min to make a 30 min project proposal using consulting powerpoint conventions.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I got the first offer, and countered with a lot more, and they responded with a little bit more. I tried to push a little further and they didn't budge.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at PwC (Washington, DC) in October 2013.

Interview

Interview asked me questions about my experience leading projects without any context into the projects available at PwC federal. None of my systems engineering and consulting experience was used, leveraged, or even associated with my job at PwC. Ultimately, the project they told me was sold and funded was not, and I was on the bench after being hired.

Interview Questions

• What kind of projects have you led?   1 Answer