PwC

Relevance Date Difficulty

Experienced Associate - Advisory Interview

Experienced Associate - Advisory
New York, NY

I applied through college or university and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at PwC in September 2012.

Interview Details – I was selected via the Campus Recruiting route. Had a telephonic screening, background check, 1-1 interview, panel session and a lunch round. Got an offer within 2 days of my panel session. After a few rounds of negotiation, I accepted. The whole process took less than a month.

Interview Question – How many balloons will fill up this room?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Could negotiate sign-on bonus only

Interviewed at PwC

Interview Details – Apply online>2 phone interviews (behavioral/fit)>superday (5 interviews; case studies, fit, etc.)

Negotiation Details – Screw 'em, hold out for more

Advisory Experienced Associate

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 days - interviewed at PwC.

Interview Details – Step 1: Campus Information Sessions
Step 2: Resume screening
Step 3: Campus interview with one manager/director
Step 4: On-site/office interview - three 30-minute interviews with a senior associate/manager, director and partner. Interviews consisted of technical, case study and personality assessment questions.
Step 5: Job offer over phone the same evening.
Step 6: 2 weeks for employee decision

Interview Question – How long would it take for you to learn and become proficient at a new technology, programming language or software tool? Give an example from your past.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiations on pay. Was given choice of location though.

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Experienced Associate - Advisory Interview

Experienced Associate - Advisory

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at PwC.

Interview Details – First round was a campus interview. It was a 45-min interview, consisting of 2 behavioral questions and 1 short case question. It was mainly conversational and the interviewer was really friendly.
Second round - office visit - 3 interviews: 1 case study, 1 behavioral with a Manager/Senior Manager, 1 behavioral with a Partner

Interview Question – Interview was mostly behavioral and they would like to assess who you are a person on top of your analytical and soft skills   Answer Question

Experienced Associate Advisory Interview

Experienced Associate Advisory

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at PwC.

Interview Details – First Round- 30 min on campus behavioral interview (tell me about a time when...)

Second round- In office. 1 case plus 2 behavioral interviews

Case- I was given the case two days before the interview. On day of interview I was given case questions and 45 minutes to create a hand written presentation for a project proposal. The interviewer stayed in character and tried to pick apart what I had prepared

2 45 min behavioral interviews- One manger and one partner. Both were conversations where it was my job to ask questions. Basically it was a human being test, can they put you in front of the client.

Interview Question – The case was 5 pages and was pretty detailed as far as what the problem was. Both qualitative and quantitative analysis was required. They gave me blank powerpoint templates and I had 45 min to make a 30 min project proposal using consulting powerpoint conventions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I got the first offer, and countered with a lot more, and they responded with a little bit more. I tried to push a little further and they didn't budge.

Experienced Associate Advisory Interview

Experienced Associate Advisory
Chicago, IL

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at PwC in September 2013.

Interview Details – Applied to a specific service group within Advisory. Pretty straightforward and quick interview process. Got referred from a current employer, applied to position through referral link, got contacted from recruiter within a few days of applying and was asked some basic questions about career goals and my experience. 2nd round took place one week later and was a 'technical' screening phone interview from a Director - was not very technical, but mostly behavioral questions. 3rd round was in-person interviews with two other Directors and a Partner - each interviewer seemed to focus on something different - questions about resume (in detail), behavioral questions targeting consulting acumen (teamwork, leadership, dealing with clients, etc), and technical questions regarding understanding of industry and group's function.

Interview Question – Why are you interested specifically in this group over other Advisory groups?   Answer Question

Experienced Associate-advisory Interview

Experienced Associate-advisory
Los Angeles, CA

I applied online and the process took 7 weeks - interviewed at PwC in September 2013.

Interview Details – Applied online, got call from 1. screener, 2. HR, 3. tech phone- advisory director, 4. Office interview, I was interviewed by advisory director, advisory manager, advisory manager. Interview was good, answered all questions well. interviewers focused on travelling needed, possible job responsibilities, positions open, projects available. i was told during the interview, that you will hear back real quick from us, but i dint get any response for almost 10 days. I sent 2 follow up emails no response. later got email from HR saying they are moving ahead with other candidates, and thought that a response was already sent.. when it was never sent!! no idea on how this happened, when my interview was good!!

Interview Question – All basic qs, based on your past expereince   Answer Question

Experienced Advisory Associate Interview

Experienced Advisory Associate
New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at PwC in May 2013.

Interview Details – It is a very strenuous process that takes weeks, even months to complete. Have patience because you will need it.

1st rd - Phone screening with HR to talk about my background and what I was looking for
2nd rd - Phone interview with Mgr to discuss my background, technical skills and where I would fit in with the advisory group (ARCA)
3rd rd - Two In person interviews with a manager and senior manager. Sr Mgr was late to our meeting so we didn't have much time to talk, however we discussed my background and what he was looking for.
Mgr interview was more technical in nature and consisted of very detailed questions previous projects, what skills were used, etc.

Interview Question – What is the difference between a SQL inner join and a SQL outer join?   View Answer

Very Easy Interview

Advisory Experienced Associate

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at PwC in July 2011.

Interview Details – Recruiter contacted me and went over my resume. A couple of days later I had a tech screen with a manager who further went over my resume. At the end of the tech screen, I was then invited for an office interview. The office interview consisted of a 1:1 lunch with a manager then 1:1 interviews with 2 partners and a manager.

Interview Questions

Worked for PwC? Contribute to the Community!