PwC

Average Difficulty
18 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Advisory Intern

I applied through college or university and interviewed at PwC.

Interview Details – Heavily recruits from my school so there were already many opportunities to network with the representatives. Everyone was incredibly nice and easy going. The first-round interview was just a conversation, with the occasional question about activities at school. Final round included the case presentation, however the questions asked were very predictable. The final interview was also incredibly focused on the conversations.

Interview Question – What skills that you learned from outside academics can you bring to the table?   Answer Question

Dallas, TX

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at PwC in February 2014.

Interview Details – Applied on college career website. Attended a dinner the day before. Interview with partner on campus. The next day received word that I would be going to second round in Dallas. Flew up and had 2 behavioral and one case interview. Was extended the offer over the phone while I was on the plane before I left Dallas.

Interview Question – "Tell me two, non B.S. reasons why we should NOT hire you"   Answer Question

Interviewed at PwC

Interview Details – Case 48 hours in advance. Take significant time to prep, you can generally guess what the case question will be. I would recommend prepping the agenda and slides for the presentation in advance.

Interview Question – Noe, very conversational.   Answer Question

Interviewed at PwC

Interview Details – Contacted HR during off-cycle. Sent in resume, was contacted two weeks later to schedule an interview. Behavioral questions.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time you were a leader. Tell me another.   Answer Question

McLean, VA

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at PwC in October 2013.

Interview Details – Selected for an on-campus interview and was invited to a meet and greet event the night before. There were a bunch of PwC employees there and we all mingled and ate, it was very laid back. The next day was my 1 on 1 interview with a manager, which was very relaxed. We basically had a conversation for an our, and I didn't feel like I was being grilled at all. I heard back a few days later with an invite to the on-site visit that Friday in McLean. Myself and about 15 other candidates were there. We met in the lobby, got a presentation with lunch, and then the interviews began. My first interview was with a manager and that consisted of a few behavioral questions. My second interview was with a partner and it was again behavioral. My last interview was with another manager, and this was the case interview. They gave us the case in advance but gave us the questions that day. The case was pretty complicated and the questions were specific to each candidate's line of service. This is the first time PwC is doing case studies for undergrad interns. Prepare well in advance and you will wow them.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time an acquaintance helped you complete a task or learn something new.
Why PwC?
What are you looking for in an internship?
  Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation for interns.

Advisory Intern

I applied through an employee referral and interviewed at PwC.

Interview Details – I got a HR phone interview from PwC. Most of the questions are background check questions and behavioral question

Interview Question – Why did you choose PwC over other big 4?   Answer Question

Advisory Intern

I applied online and interviewed at PwC.

Interview Details – Had a phone interview and an office interview about 2 weeks later. Everyone was friendly and laid back. The group is recruiting more JDs, so that was the push to recruit. the interviews were friendly and pretty straight forward. they just wanted to know that you were interested in consulting.

Interview Question – if you were a CFO of a bank what would be your biggest concern   Answer Question

Chicago, IL

I applied through college or university and interviewed at PwC.

Interview Details – -- One 30-minute 1st round on-campus interview with a Director who I met before at a campus recruiting event
-- Two 30-minute 2nd-round interviews at the office with a Partner and a Director (including one office tour and one coffee break)
-- The partner called in the afternoon on the same day after the interview, extending an offer

Interview Question – What do you think we mean by saying "PwC wants to hire those who can make an impact on our company?" What is the impact you had on the other from your university? What impact would you have on PwC? How would you measure those impacts?   Answer Question

McLean, VA

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at PwC in February 2012.

Interview Details – Two rounds of interviews. First was a phone interview, and then I was invited for an office visit, transportation and lodging covered by PwC. Had three interviews with employees at various levels, including one with a partner. One other interview was done to check my security clearance eligibility. Received offer within two weeks.

Interview Question – "Tell me about yourself."   View Answers (3)

New York, NY

The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at PwC in November 2011.

Interview Details – I got the interview request through a campus recruiting system. Had the candidates come to a pre-interview networking event where we got to meet our interviewers, luckily mine was exceptionally nice. Anyway, the next day consisted of 2 one-on-one interviews which were essentially completely personality evaluations. After a week or so I was invited to the New York office for my second round and a few weeks after that we attended a super day (which was really only 3 hours). This consisted of a couple presentations and then two more interviews with partners. Again, mostly personal but this time it got a little more technical, nothing unmanageable.

Interview Question – Simple things such as giving examples of projects or team ventures and their outcomes. I was interviewing for an intern position so they did have much to ask on the difficult side.   Answer Question

Worked for PwC? Contribute to the Community!