PwC

Updated Nov 4, 2014

2.9

11 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Advisory Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at PwC.

I apply through university. The process took about a month. First it was the on campus interview, pre-night with your interviewer. That's a great chance to get to know the interviewer and ask any questions you have. I received an invitation to on-site final round more than 2 weeks later. I was told there would be a case and two behavior. Case was sent to me via email 2 days before the interview. It's based on your interviewer's vertical (industry, ie healthcare, retail, financial services) instead of yours, so it's totally random. During the case, it's more like a role play, where you pretend you are working for pwc and your interviewer pretend to be the client. Remember to prepare a pitch sell pwc to the client.

Interview Questions
  • how do you get information about the latest trend and news?
    have you been in a situation where you have to adjust yourself
    tell me about a time when you had to adjust your presentation method because of your audience
      Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for PwC

Advisory Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at PwC in February 2013.

Two rounds of Interview.
    First Round: 30 minute behavioral with Partner
    Second Round: 30 -45 Minute case interview and two 30 minute behavioral interviews one with partner and one with a manager.

Interview Questions
    • I didn't think any of the questions were hard.

Following are examples of questions:
      Tell me about your 4 failures and 4 success.
      What do you think is a required trait in a consultant and how do you plan to incorporate that in yourself?
        Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at PwC in September 2009.

Interview was great...more of a conversation than Q&A. No case study. The office building was very nice-- nice facilities and close to a lot of restaurants and shopping. Only problem came when it got to the negotiation phase. The recruiter was pushy and I did not like her approach.

Appartently this firm does not pay as well as the others (e.g., Deloitte). The recruiter not willing to negotiate is a big red flag for me...but I'm willing to see how things go in the first 6 months. My circumstances may not be the same as yours, so it never hurts to try.

Advisory Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia)

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at PwC.

One telephone call from HR offering advisory position - was offered second choice (Business Recovery) since Corporate Finance position was filled

Interview Questions
    • Only background checks and questions to double check availability for duration of internship   Answer Question

Advisory Interview

Got an interview through the GRADUAN Australian Recruitment Fair. Had a one to one skype interview. Interviewer was very friendly, the interview lasted for one hour. Ask some basic introductory questions, delve into more technical issues by giving me a scenario and ask me what would I do. Asked typical behavioral questions, what are your strengths? biggest challenges etc..

Interview Questions
    • unexpected question: what are the headlines in Australia   View Answer

Advisory Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at PwC in September 2011.

I had two 1:1 interviews, each lasting about a half an hour. The first guy seemed pretty uninterested in what I had to say. I was basically just answering his questions, and then he would write something down and ask me a different question. There wasn't much reciprocation. The second guy was much more interesting. He would ask me follow-up questions to my responses, and he genuinely seemed interested in our interview (which was actually more like a conversation).

Interview Questions
    • Which one of you past experiences do you think most applies to the job that you're applying for?   Answer Question

Advisory Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at PwC in August 2010.

I had to travel to an interview site and interview with several people. There were multiple candidates present interviewing with the panel.

Interview Questions
    • Provide an example of a prior work situation in which you were not totally comfortable with the situation and how you tackled that project.   Answer Question

Advisory Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at PwC in March 2010.

The initial communication started at a Big Four career fair where I got to meet with some of the recruiters. I got to talk with PWC the most in-depth and liked the people I spoke with so applied. For the first round interview, it was through on-campus recruiting and was a good experience. For PWC, it was behavioral for both the first and second round interviews. They hold a pre-interview outing/dinner for each round and in terms of professionalism and opportunity to get to know the firm and its culture, I would say PWC did a great job. They have a great structure for their second round interviews and was able to get to meet with a lot of people from the firm. Everyone was very willing to speak with the potential candidates and was quite a good experience.

Interview Questions
    • If you were in a group with someone who was being difficult and not putting in the level of effort everyone else is, how would you handle the situation?   Answer Question

Advisory Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at PwC in January 2010.

The first round consisted of 2 sessions (30 min). I did not get through to the second round, but it is case interview.

PwC asked questions like: Where do you see PwC in five years? How do you deal with "free riders" in a group? I also got questions about the company`s values. I would recommend other candidates to study the web page so you have knowledge about Pwc and the core values. The values are important to PwC, so you might get questions about them.

Advisory Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at PwC in December 2009.

Had a topic given to share my view points on what consultancy & advisory mean. Given a clocked time to complete. Followed by a first round of HR interview by the HR Manager. Took abt 3weeks to receive an second call. The second level was carried by Director along with Associate Director. Primarily asked abt my experiences and how I can contribute to the role which they were looking. Know your resume in and out and some of the inner experiences in work. Almost took abt 1hr and were convinced. Though informed me of another interview round by the partner but took almost 4 weeks to receive an call by the HR Manager to confirm the selection.

Interview Questions
    • Most difficult assignment/task which I carried and why did I find it difficult.   Answer Question
    • What KPI's were there which client had in measuring their Operational efficiencies?   Answer Question