PwC Advisory Manager Interview Questions

Updated Aug 22, 2015

2.9

Advisory Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at PwC in June 2015.

Interview

Whole process took 4+ weeks, Went through the recruiter who came back after 2 weeks. Another week in scheduling 2 phone interviews with directors. The first was more on confirming what I know and what Industries I have worked in. The interviewer did not drill down on any topic. The other interview got rescheduled few times and the interviewer asked some key questions to gauge my depth and he was convinced. In sum both were positive interviews. In the end the HR told me they have filled with an internal candidate

Interview Questions

• What industries have you worked in? Deep dive on specific technology questions related to the industry   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for PwC

Advisory Manager Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at PwC.

Interview

Interview process includes a behavioral and case interview testing both technical as well as soft communication skills. It forces you to think through the business problem and identify multiple scenarios as alternative ways to think about the solution.

Interview Questions

• What are the business problems you have tried to solve in the past?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at PwC (Chicago, IL) in April 2015.

Interview

Couple tech phone screens, in-person with 2 directors and a partner on-site. The interview process was very long and drawn out for no good reason. All of the questions were pretty easy. A lot of time was wasted on the interviewer trying to understand the template they had to follow. When they finally got all their decision making together they offered a salary drastically below market value. I do not view this company as a high-end firm. They waste time pursuing top talent and the salaries are low.

Interview Questions

• You will get asked a question on globalization / international affairs because it is on the template.   Answer Question

Low salary, poor communication.

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at PwC (Chicago, IL) in February 2015.

Interview

I interviewed for an Analytics role. Phone interview with Advisory Manager followed by on-site interview, and another phone interview after the on-site. I never heard back despite emails/calls to the recruiting co-ordinator. The scheduling of interviews was somewhat dysfunctional - one of the phone interviews happened without any confirmation on when I was to expect the call. My travel for on-site was booked, somewhat frantically, after I emailed to check on it a couple of days prior to the interview. That said, the interviews were conducted in a professional manner.

Interview Questions

• Most questions were around experience and background - description of prior analytic projects conducted in the past, with some level of deep-dive into the details   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at PwC (New York, NY) in January 2015.

Interview

Internal referral. First round got a call from HR to go through my resume, easy. Talked to three partners over the phone. Didn't make it to the on site interview.

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at PwC (Dallas, TX) in December 2014.

Interview

Spoke at length with recruiter before traveling to Dallas to speak with Partner and team. I've been interviewing people for a long time and I know when I flubbed and interview or knocked it out of the park. I knocked this one out of the park. I even got into solutioning a problem with one of the interviewers who said they'd never looked at it that way. When I arrived I got the sensation someone was just checking a box to hire a candidate they already had in mind. Ultimately, I feel I didn't get an offer because I was not the correct ethnicity or gender. Of course there is no way to prove such a thing. I just know I gave a very good interview and was well suited and qualified for the role.

Interview Questions

• They asked me to do a solution on the spot. Somewhat unorthodox but if you know your stuff, it's manageable. Not a trend I like because of course every problem has many solutions. Providing one risks alienating an interviewer who might not see things the way you do and may be sensitive to having their ideas challenged.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at PwC (Washington, DC) in August 2014.

Interview

Several Interviews. First i interviewed with the partner and then several directors. The interviews were spread out over two and a half months. Overall, the interviews were fair, but there was little communication with the recruiter up until the offer was made.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had a difficult time with a client and how you handled it.   Answer Question

Advisory Manager Interview

Interview

I was really surprised--both interviews went really well but then they just fell off the face of the earth. I was really surprised that I never even got the courtesy of a final email/follow up call. I understand that the interview and selection process can be an arduous one however I think I deserved the courtesy of a follow up.

Interview Questions

• I was really surprised by how unstructured the interviews were. I found that I had to ask questions in order to get a sense of the job as both parties had little to share.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in McLean, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at PwC (McLean, VA) in March 2014.

Interview

Applied online and was contacted by a recruiter for a prescreening interview. During the prescreening interview, I was asked general background questions about my experience in the field. The recruiting also asked questions regarding my current salary and whether I was interviewing with other companies and whether I was further along in their interviewing process. She laughed when I told her my current salary and told me that I wouldn't get that at PwC. Found the laughter a bit odd, but I digress. At the end of the interview, she told me that they were going to decline moving forward.

Manager - Advisory Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at PwC.

Interview

Initial interview will be through recruiter followed by a technical screening. If you pass the stage, then you will be invited to an in-person interview with multiple directors/managers with one partner interview. You will be assessed with personality and compatibility to the company culture and direction. Learn as much as you can about company culture and position that you're applying for, then you should be fine if your skill/soft skill matched with those.