PwC

Updated Dec 4, 2014

3.1

55 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at PwC.

Applied online and was quickly contacted by HR. After passing through the HR round (via phone) and a hiring manager round (via phone b/c she was located in a different city), I waited for a while. Finally, I heard from HR that I would be flown in for a final round of interviews. No explanation was given for why the interview would be done outside of the city I lived in and for which there were hiring.

The position proved to not be a fit for either side. The interviewers were pleasant with the exception of the partner, who was probably the worst person with whom I've ever interacted professionally. This may have been his attempt at a "stress test" but I think it was predominantly just an arrogant personality. I asked what I considered to be thoughtful, informed questions but he was unable to answer them with any clarity or coherence.

Interview Questions
  • Partner was deliberately rude. I was unsure if he was trying to test me or was simply exceedingly arrogant.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for PwC

Senior Associate - Advisory Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at PwC.

-1st interview: One hour telephone interview (Behavioral)
    -2nd interview: A half day interview at one of their offices. This step entails both behavioral questions and case interviews. In fact, I was asked to build a PowerPoint slide and present it to one of the directors.
    Overall, every one was very nice and receptive.

Interview Questions
    • Did not expect the PowerPoint presentation would be that scrutinized.   Answer Question

Senior Associate - Advisory Interview

first round HR, second round meet with partner, MD and directors (about 4 ppl in total). After 1 to 2 weeks, you will hear from them and you can choose which month you would like to join if you are experienced hire.

Interview Questions
    • Why the bank choose to merge instead of opening another branch in that state?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at PwC.

The position was for M&A advisory. First round was on Campus, mostly behavioral.

(1) Tell me a time when you had to take decision in a quick time frame
    (2) Most satisfying project at work

Final round was at their Chicago office. The case was sent 48 hours earlier. We were all huddled in to a room and asked to prepare presentations on hard copy paper slides based on a set of questions about the case they gave at that time.

After that there were 3 rounds of interview. 2 behavioral and 1 for the case presentation.

Interview Questions
    • Did not have any surprise questions. It was the usual beaten to death behavioral type of questions.   Answer Question

Senior Associate - Advisory Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at PwC.

Tough Process, getting harder than most Big 4 to land a role. Interviewed with Deloitte as well. PwC has adopted the "booz" mindset and it was harder than I anticipated.

Interview Questions
    • Case interview on Customer Experience within the Digital space   Answer Question
    none

Senior Associate - Advisory Interview

I applied through other source – interviewed at PwC in October 2014.

Phone interview, technical screening, three round in person interview with manager, director and partner. Company flew me to firm offices to conduct interview.

Offer came about two weeks after interview, due to an apparent deliberation on my salary grade.

Overall great process to go through, everyone very receptive.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time when you used an industry best practice to solve a problem at work   Answer Question
    I was eager to leave my old job, so I accepted the terms as they were about 30% more lucrative than my then current salary. I believe there was room for negotiation, but not much.

Senior Associate - Advisory Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 8 weeksinterviewed at PwC.

MBA hire. Apply through school career center. First round on campus, Final round on site. Offer extended the day after the final interview.

First round interview includes two back-to-back interviews taking 45 mins each. All behavioral and conversational. Watch out for some situational questions that require thoughtful answers.

Second round interview includes one case interview and two behavioral interviews, all back-to-back.

Interview Questions
    • Some situational questions such as what would you do if you are required to deliver a negative message to client?   Answer Question
    Standard base and signing for MBAs

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at PwC in September 2014.

I got a call from an experience recruiter as I have relevant experience. I had a couple of telephonic interview rounds with a Manager and Director. The telephonic interviews were very conversation based and had very few technical questions but mainly was based on the experience and real world consulting related questions. I was very happy with the way both my telephonic interview went and I was expecting an on site visit invite. Within a couple of days I was contacted by the recruiter to setup the on site visit. I was invited to their Atlanta office on an interview day, where I had three 45 minutes meetings with a manager, director and a partner. The in person interview with the director was subject matter related and I was asked a few functional questions as well as a few behavioral questions. I was also introduced to the organizational structure and my responsibilities in the respective practice. The conversation with the partner was very informative and was on a lighter note. Most of my job and career growth related question were answered in this round. The third interview with the manager was very easy going and I was asked to give a detailed explanation with examples on a few aspects of the business and the challenges we face on a day - day basis. I found all the three interviews highly professional and in touch with the actual situations we face as a consultant while working at the client end. Overall it was a very exciting and positive experience and I was very impressed by the way the entire interview process went. They are very professional in their outlook and know well what they want from the potential employee.

Interview Questions
    • None. I did my study well and was expecting all the questions as they were well connected with the challenges we face in the professional workplace as a consultant. If you know what you do and you understand the responsibilities of the role you are interviewing for the process will be quite straightforward and easy going.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at PwC in July 2014.

I applied through a referral. I was contacted by HR-initial phone screen, phone interview with a Director level, then in-person interview with 3 personnel (Principal, Managing Director, Manager). Questions were mostly behavioral and technical, I thought I answered them well and showed great enthusiasm and knowledge of the firm and its operations. I asked a lot of thought-provoking questions. During second phone interview, they wanted something more specific and targeted within my background and skill-set as the 2nd interviewer was iffy on proceeding with me or not to the next round. Had great dialogue with the in-person interviewers as well & I was a seasoned consulting former employee at one of their prime competitors. Pretty shocked they decided not to pursue my candidacy.

Interview Questions
    • Dig deeper into a specific work situation or issue- how would you go about doing that differently? What was the most challenging part of a specific assignment or role?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at PwC.

Two rounds; one case one behavioural