PwC Analyst Interview Questions

Updated Jun 10, 2015

3.2

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbia, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at PwC (Columbia, SC) in June 2015.

Interview

I applied through the company website. First, I was contacted by the recruiter within a week. I had a first round interview in Atlanta, GA. I was interviewed by three separate managers/directors. I was invited back for the final interview in Columbia, SC. It was a group interview with 5 other candidates and 5 managers of different departments.

Interview Questions

• What is your knowledge/experience with Microsoft Office, particularly Excel?   Answer Question
  • What is one thing that makes you stand out above the other candidates?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for PwC

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at PwC.

Interview

The interview consisted of a case study and group interview. There were five interviews in total. The final was in the office with another candidate. The first two were phone conversations.

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at PwC (Chicago, IL) in October 2013.

Interview

Initial On Campus Recruiting through Info sessions and Career Fair with a Meet and Greet with free food/drinks to network before first round interview candidates were selected. First round interviews were conducted on campus and were conducted with a manager. The first round was purely behavioral, with a few questions discussing current trends in certain industries (which depends on which area of focus the manager you interview with is in). Found out about passing on to the final round the next week. Final rounds consisted of going to the PwC office in Chicago; there is a morning and afternoon session (12-4:40pm), which consists of 3 interviews (2 behavioral and 1 case study) as well as a panel to give you more information on the company. The background for the specific case you will do is sent to you in an email beforehand so you can prepare. Once you arrive at the office you are given lunch and an overview of the process, as well as a "buddy" to walk you to your various interview locations. The tables you sit at have a specific folder with your name on them with your interview schedule as well as the main question for your case study. Then you are given about 30min to prepare a presentation on paper slides (calculators supplied) for your case interview. After all 3 interviews and the panel are completed, you are free to go. During my on site interview there were approximately 50 candidates in the afternoon session alone (for both full time and internships and for all three advisory verticals).

Interview Questions

• The business case was the most difficult part of the final round, as the presentation format was not something I had done before and was something to definitely make sure to prepare for. Make sure to do any break even analysis and as much number crunching beforehand so you can focus on the structure, conclusion, and make your presentation complete, as the 30min goes by a lot faster than you would think.   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Interview

I had about a week to prepare for my telephone interview and so I paid special attention to the new competencies that PwC has posted on its website. Keep in mind that they have changed recently so the type of questions they usually ask at this stage interview has also changed. It went well and I was asked about 2 questions per competency.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

interviewed at PwC (London, England (UK)) in November 2013.

Interview

Applied in October 2013 and had the first interview 4-5 weeks after. First we talked about commercial awareness "tell me about a recent business story that interests you" and then we moved on the the competency questions. The interviewer asked 2-3 questions for each of their core competencies and she also asked a lot about the examples I made, e.g. what did you do then, how did the person react etc. So make sure to know your examples properly.

I was invited to the assessment centre in early December. We had a numerical test, a logical test, written exercise and group exercise. I passed the tests and written exercise, but should have contributed more in group exercise.

Tip: The numerical and logical test are more difficult than online mainly due to two factors: 20 questions for 20 minutes and then it is paper-based, which is just more time-consuming, because you have a separate answer sheet. So practice, practice, practice.

Tip written exercise: be really careful to manage the time. Many of the people did not finish the report. Make sure to structure it nicely e.g. introduction, different solutions and pros/cons for each and a conclusion in the end.

Tip group exercise: They also evaluate you on your notes, which I was not aware of, and they ask you to evaluate yourself afterwards. Make sure to structure your notes properly when taking down notes of the other group member's information and make it clear that you calculated the budget. For the evaluation part, you probably know your weaknesses already so think about how to write it on the evaluation form.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you experienced another person doing something unethical and what did you do?   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Istanbul (Turkey)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at PwC (Istanbul (Turkey)).

Interview

Group interview with a case study, then interviewed by manager, followed by a senior manager interview

Interview Questions

• I own the Bosphorus bridge, how much could I sell it for?   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at PwC.

Interview

Initial testing completed online. Competency interview and case study

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dublin, Dublin (Ireland)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at PwC (Dublin, Dublin (Ireland)) in October 2012.

Interview

Online application followed by a two day interview process. Day 1 included a dinner with partners, a presentation about the organisation and a tour of the office. Then a group exercise took place where 8 candidates were required to carry out a SWOT analysis of an industry the company was looking to enter. The interview itself on day 2 involved a case study, presentation of findings and standard competency based questions.

Interview Questions

• On a night out with your friends, which role do you play in the group   Answer Question

Had another offer

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 7+ weeksinterviewed at PwC (London, England (UK)) in March 2012.

Interview

There was a summer AC and then an interview, the usual process, but there wasa lso a lot of emphasis on how much you knew about the firm itself, especially versus the rest of the Big 4, i.e. its competitors, and how PwC stood out, what tis values were, who its biggest clients were, and so on throughout the process.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Johannesburg (South Africa)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at PwC (Johannesburg (South Africa)) in September 2011.

Interview

My Recruitment process with PwC was initiated through an on campus careers week presentation at my university, from which I submitted an online application. This eventually resulted in an invitation to atend quite an interesting interview day.
    The interviewing activities consisted of an initial background check, a 2 Panel interview (about 45mins).

Interview Questions

• Having expressed my desire to explore entreprenurial ventures I was asked why I would want to work in an environment that is fairly structured and whether I would fit into the team environment.   Answer Question

Negotiation

As an inexperienced hiree negotiations were minimal with regards to the perks for the position as these are standard for recent graduates.