PwC Analyst Interview Questions

Updated Jul 19, 2015

3.1

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbia, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at PwC (Columbia, SC) in June 2015.

Interview

I applied through the company website. First, I was contacted by the recruiter within a week. I had a first round interview in Atlanta, GA. I was interviewed by three separate managers/directors. I was invited back for the final interview in Columbia, SC. It was a group interview with 5 other candidates and 5 managers of different departments.

Interview Questions

• What is your knowledge/experience with Microsoft Office, particularly Excel?   Answer Question
  • What is one thing that makes you stand out above the other candidates?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for PwC

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbia, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at PwC (Columbia, SC) in June 2015.

Interview

Applied for positions on company website. Recruiter emailed to set up a time for a five minute discussion. Didn't hear anything back for a month and a half until I applied for another position. Had a conversation with second recruiter, for maybe 15 minutes, and was invited to an interview for the next week. The interview consisted of a presentation by the director of the center, followed by three thirty minute interviews with an HR associate, manager and senior manager in the areas I was applying for. Very conversational, make sure you know your resume back and forth. Next morning, got a call back for a second interview the following week. The second interview was a group/panel interview -- we had six or seven other people also interviewing for various positions in various departments (i.e. we weren't fighting all for the same job). The first half was meeting with some people who currently work at PwC and asking them questions and they asked us questions. The second half was meeting with all the department heads and the director and discussing, as a group, a simulated issue that the director prepared. Finally, received two tests via email to complete -- logic and English. Not that easy due to time to constraints. Received an offer about a week after the tests were completed/ a week and a half after my last interview.

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at PwC.

Interview

The interview consisted of a case study and group interview. There were five interviews in total. The final was in the office with another candidate. The first two were phone conversations.

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at PwC (Chicago, IL) in October 2013.

Interview

Initial On Campus Recruiting through Info sessions and Career Fair with a Meet and Greet with free food/drinks to network before first round interview candidates were selected. First round interviews were conducted on campus and were conducted with a manager. The first round was purely behavioral, with a few questions discussing current trends in certain industries (which depends on which area of focus the manager you interview with is in). Found out about passing on to the final round the next week. Final rounds consisted of going to the PwC office in Chicago; there is a morning and afternoon session (12-4:40pm), which consists of 3 interviews (2 behavioral and 1 case study) as well as a panel to give you more information on the company. The background for the specific case you will do is sent to you in an email beforehand so you can prepare. Once you arrive at the office you are given lunch and an overview of the process, as well as a "buddy" to walk you to your various interview locations. The tables you sit at have a specific folder with your name on them with your interview schedule as well as the main question for your case study. Then you are given about 30min to prepare a presentation on paper slides (calculators supplied) for your case interview. After all 3 interviews and the panel are completed, you are free to go. During my on site interview there were approximately 50 candidates in the afternoon session alone (for both full time and internships and for all three advisory verticals).

Interview Questions

• The business case was the most difficult part of the final round, as the presentation format was not something I had done before and was something to definitely make sure to prepare for. Make sure to do any break even analysis and as much number crunching beforehand so you can focus on the structure, conclusion, and make your presentation complete, as the 30min goes by a lot faster than you would think.   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at PwC (London, England (UK)).

Interview

Face to face interview. Informal and not too intimidating. Generally not particularly harsh - the employee referral counted for a lot. No difficult questions or uncomfortable parts. I was surprised that they were so relaxed about everything.

Interview Questions

• Have you faced harsh criticism? Are you proficient in excel?   1 Answer

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at PwC (Bangalore (India)) in June 2015.

Interview

Got a Call directly from the HR. Immediately called for an interview. Four rounds were conducted in one day. Results were given after 5 days and was called to join after 7 days of the interview.

Interview Questions

• Banking and Money Laundering   1 Answer

Negotiation

No Negotiation

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at PwC (London, England (UK)) in November 2014.

Interview

After gaining a referral by a university friend who is working with the company, I was sent a link to an online test. I did not prepare for the tests at all, which was a mistake. The tests are doable, however they get easier over time by doing more. Time pressure is the biggest thing.

Interview Questions

• Technical and logical tests - computer based   1 Answer

Analyst Interview

Interview

I had about a week to prepare for my telephone interview and so I paid special attention to the new competencies that PwC has posted on its website. Keep in mind that they have changed recently so the type of questions they usually ask at this stage interview has also changed. It went well and I was asked about 2 questions per competency.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

interviewed at PwC (London, England (UK)) in November 2013.

Interview

Applied in October 2013 and had the first interview 4-5 weeks after. First we talked about commercial awareness "tell me about a recent business story that interests you" and then we moved on the the competency questions. The interviewer asked 2-3 questions for each of their core competencies and she also asked a lot about the examples I made, e.g. what did you do then, how did the person react etc. So make sure to know your examples properly. I was invited to the assessment centre in early December. We had a numerical test, a logical test, written exercise and group exercise. I passed the tests and written exercise, but should have contributed more in group exercise. Tip: The numerical and logical test are more difficult than online mainly due to two factors: 20 questions for 20 minutes and then it is paper-based, which is just more time-consuming, because you have a separate answer sheet. So practice, practice, practice. Tip written exercise: be really careful to manage the time. Many of the people did not finish the report. Make sure to structure it nicely e.g. introduction, different solutions and pros/cons for each and a conclusion in the end. Tip group exercise: They also evaluate you on your notes, which I was not aware of, and they ask you to evaluate yourself afterwards. Make sure to structure your notes properly when taking down notes of the other group member's information and make it clear that you calculated the budget. For the evaluation part, you probably know your weaknesses already so think about how to write it on the evaluation form.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you experienced another person doing something unethical and what did you do?   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Istanbul (Turkey)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at PwC (Istanbul (Turkey)).

Interview

Group interview with a case study, then interviewed by manager, followed by a senior manager interview

Interview Questions

• I own the Bosphorus bridge, how much could I sell it for?   Answer Question