PwC Associate Consultant Interview Questions

Updated Aug 15, 2015

3.2

Consulting Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at PwC.

Interview

On campus basic fit questions. Know your resume and the business in the first round. Second round is more situational questions that can get a little tricky at times but as long as you have though through your experiences ahead of time, you will be okay.

Interview Questions

• How has your experience made you a good fit for this role?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for PwC

Associate Consultant Interview

Interview

There is first a phone interview. Then, they ask you to make an online profile where you submit a resume, personal info, etc etc. Then, they call you in for an in-person interview.

Interview Questions

• Standard behavioral questions: How do you deal with a situation where your firm/boss does something that you consider unethical?   Answer Question

Associate Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at PwC.

Interview

Took less than a month from submitting app to receiving an offer. In one day I had 3 interviews: 2 behavioral and 1 case study presentation (was given case beforehand). Everyone was very kind and easy to get along with!

Interview Questions

• Very specific questions about my past job experience. My advice would be to have examples in mind beforehand.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Did not negotiate.

Associate Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at PwC in October 2014.

Interview

The first round interview is on campus, and it lasted 45 mins, I was interviewed by a manager from the department which I applied. The interview are all behavior questions and work like conversations. The manager is very nice and helpful, the whole process is very laid back and basically conversations. Just be well-prepared and tell your own experience.

Associate Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at PwC in October 2013.

Interview

Process was very straightforward. Most of the recruiters are a combination of very sociable and kind people who really enjoy working with the company. Most interviews up till the final round are mostly behavioral with a little technology question and problem solving scenarios thrown in the mix.

Interview Questions

• Most difficult question was the case study given to me, since my major is not in buisness.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at PwC (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

I was recruited through my college. It featured a social the day before the on-campus interviewed. I met a handful of directors,managers, and consultants, and one would be the manager to my respective department. The first round was behavioral just asking about my background. The second round was located at their office and it was 3 behavioral interviews with their managers/directors.

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at PwC (Chicago, IL) in October 2011.

Interview

The hiring and interview process is fair and transparent and we were interviewed on campus after the first round there was an interview with the panel and the hiring decisions were announced in few days.

Interview Questions

• Case Study question from sample case studies given on consulting company's website   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was satisfied with the offer of the company and didnt feel any need to negotiate.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at PwC (Tampa, FL) in July 2011.

Interview

Snobby culture. Interview standard. Review background and listen to them talk and talk

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at PwC (New York, NY) in March 2011.

Interview

I did a phone interview with a very nice consultant from PwC, which went well. Then I was asked back for a Superday round of interviews. I was totally unimpressed with my "Superday" experience; I feel like I just got unlucky. This consisted of a presentation about the company (I had researched and already knew everything they told us, so that seemed rather pointless), and then three behavioral interviews, followed by a lunch with the whole group of interviewees (about 15 of us). The interviews themselves were easy (no difficult, stumping questions) but it was hard for me to convey that I was a better candidate, especially since it seemed that I didn't interview with anyone particularly important. The host leading me around had 1 month of experience working at the company, hardly knew where anything was, and clearly had no pull in whether I would get hired or not. While other people from my school got to interview with a partner at the firm who is an alumni from my university, I did not, which seems completely unfair. There were 5 people their from my university. Three of them got to interview with the partner who was an alum, and those were the 3 who got hired. The other girl and I, who interviewed with a different partner, did not. Looking strictly at merit, I think we are the better two candidates, but clearly PwC takes the "who you know not what you know" approach. Also, it seemed that PwC was a pretty superficial company, overall. My interview process was unorganized and frustrating. They sent us the itinerary less than 24 hours before, although it was promised at least 2 days before, etc.

Interview Questions

• When is a time you had a lot to balance and couldn't quite possibly get it all done? How did you handle that?   Answer Question
    • Do you like New York City?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at PwC (Boston, MA) in September 2010.

Interview

I had 3 phone interviews, the 1st one was with the HR which consisted of basic questions the other 2 were with managers which were 30min and 15min long. The 4th round was at the Boston office where I had to meet 7 people which included 2 Partners, 1 Director. It was interactive and all of them were very easy to talk to.

Interview Questions

• Mention an incident where you faced a problem with a team member?   Answer Question