PwC Associate Consultant Interview Questions & Reviews

14 interviews

3.3

14 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Associate Consultant Interview

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at PwC in October 2013.

Process was very straightforward. Most of the recruiters are a combination of very sociable and kind people who really enjoy working with the company. Most interviews up till the final round are mostly behavioral with a little technology question and problem solving scenarios thrown in the mix.

Interview Questions
  • Most difficult question was the case study given to me, since my major is not in buisness.   View Answer

Other Interview Reviews for PwC

Anonymous Employee  in  Atlanta, GA
    Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I interviewed through college or university - interviewed at PwC.

I was recruited through my college. It featured a social the day before the on-campus interviewed. I met a handful of directors,managers, and consultants, and one would be the manager to my respective department. The first round was behavioral just asking about my background. The second round was located at their office and it was 3 behavioral interviews with their managers/directors.

Anonymous Employee  in  Tampa, FL
    Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

I interviewed through other source. The process took 2+ months - interviewed at PwC in July 2011.

Snobby culture. Interview standard. Review background and listen to them talk and talk

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I interviewed online. The process took 5 days - interviewed at PwC in October 2011.

The hiring and interview process is fair and transparent and we were interviewed on campus after the first round there was an interview with the panel and the hiring decisions were announced in few days.

Interview Questions
    • Case Study question from sample case studies given on consulting company's website   View Answer
    I was satisfied with the offer of the company and didnt feel any need to negotiate.

Anonymous Employee  in  New York, NY
    Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at PwC in March 2011.

I did a phone interview with a very nice consultant from PwC, which went well. Then I was asked back for a Superday round of interviews. I was totally unimpressed with my "Superday" experience; I feel like I just got unlucky. This consisted of a presentation about the company (I had researched and already knew everything they told us, so that seemed rather pointless), and then three behavioral interviews, followed by a lunch with the whole group of interviewees (about 15 of us). The interviews themselves were easy (no difficult, stumping questions) but it was hard for me to convey that I was a better candidate, especially since it seemed that I didn't interview with anyone particularly important.

The host leading me around had 1 month of experience working at the company, hardly knew where anything was, and clearly had no pull in whether I would get hired or not. While other people from my school got to interview with a partner at the firm who is an alumni from my university, I did not, which seems completely unfair. There were 5 people their from my university. Three of them got to interview with the partner who was an alum, and those were the 3 who got hired. The other girl and I, who interviewed with a different partner, did not. Looking strictly at merit, I think we are the better two candidates, but clearly PwC takes the "who you know not what you know" approach. Also, it seemed that PwC was a pretty superficial company, overall. My interview process was unorganized and frustrating. They sent us the itinerary less than 24 hours before, although it was promised at least 2 days before, etc.

Interview Questions
    • When is a time you had a lot to balance and couldn't quite possibly get it all done? How did you handle that?   Answer Question
    • Do you like New York City?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee  in  Boston, MA
    Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at PwC in September 2010.

I had 3 phone interviews, the 1st one was with the HR which consisted of basic questions the other 2 were with managers which were 30min and 15min long. The 4th round was at the Boston office where I had to meet 7 people which included 2 Partners, 1 Director. It was interactive and all of them were very easy to talk to.

Interview Questions
    • Mention an incident where you faced a problem with a team member?   Answer Question

Associate Consultant Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 3 months - interviewed at PwC.

I started my application online by completing a standard application form with all my education and work experience details. This was followed by a long personality questionnaire, I think there were over 100 options to go through and chose which option sounded most like you or least like you. At this stage I was also asked to complete a numerical test and logical reasoning test. Having done A-Level Maths I found the numerical test fine, and the logical reasoning was mainly sequences of patterns. I received immediate feedback on my performance which was really useful.

The next stage was a phone interview which lasted about 40 mins and covered general HR questions, nothing surprised me or tricked me but you do need to be up to scratch with your business and UK news.

I really enjoyed the half day assessment centre which repeated the logical and numerical tests, included a group discussion exercise involving a little bit of maths, good time keeping and general communication. The final part was a written exercise which involved reading quite a large pack, and then summarising the content and giving recommendations to a client on their potential choices.

Finally my face to face interview was about 45 minutes and was quite relaxed and informal. Generally I think it was just to test out that if they put me in front of a client I would give out the right impression.

Interview Questions
    • I have to say the question I found most difficult to answer was "how would you describe consulting?" It's really difficult to put into a succinct sentence as it involves so much!   Answer Question
    I was very happy with my offer so I did not attempt to negotiate.

Associate Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Hong Kong (Hong Kong)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hong Kong (Hong Kong)

I interviewed online. The process took 5 weeks - interviewed at PwC in November 2012.

Assessment centre where we have group activity to see if we are a good team player. Then there are 2 more rounds of interviews to meet the manager and ultimately the partner.

Interview Questions
    • No technical questions. More questions were really straight forward and nothing unexpected. (questions about your strength and weaknesses, and causal chat to see your personality, i.e. what will you do after the school final exam, any travelling plan?) The key is to entertain your manager or partner, they get bored and tired after a long day of work and they want to hear something more fun.   Answer Question

Associate Consultant Interview

Got a call from a director asking me to come in for a formal interview. Interview with senior manager and senior consultant

Interview Questions
    • What is the cultural difference between advisory and assurance?   Answer Question

Consulting Associate Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at PwC in October 2012.

I applied through an online job board that serves recent grads/ early career professionals. Process was fast, I applied and the job posting closed on the 27th of September and I had an interview scheduled on the phone within a week. After the phone interview, which was a brief 15 minute behavioural interview(which I thought I bombed because it was a MD/VP interviewing me who seemed to be pushing through the questions) you are sent an email within 3 days telling you if you make it to the assessment center. I made it to this stage and was flown out to the hiring office where myself and several other candidates(I believe 10 per day over 2 days) were put through our paces.After the assessment center, we were called within 3 days(before the weekend) and were informed whether or not we had been successful and were sent our offer letters same day.

Interview Questions
    • Behavioural questions, "stress tests" and the like. Do not make stuff up for behavioural questions and be genuine, they know you are "technically smart" but it does not matter what you did as you degree or what school you went to. And you interview in a group, so do not belittle your fellow interviewees..   Answer Question
    No negotiation, as is the norm in most Big 4 practices. It was quite generous considering being a new grad and all.

Worked for PwC? Contribute to the Community!