PwC

Average Difficulty
143 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Interviewed at PwC

Interview Details – It is easy to wander when answering an experience interview question, particularly if you do not have a specific situation or problem in mind. Before answering the question, think of a specific example of a past situation that answers the question given. Provide a clear but concise description of the situation, explain how you handled the situation, and describe the results. By focusing on one specific example, your answer will be succinct and on topic.

Interview Question – Before going to the interview, look at the job listing to see what specific skills and attitudes the job requires. Reflect back on your past work experience to recall situations in which you have demonstrated these skills and attitudes. Consider each situation in detail; you will need to be prepared to discuss these situations thoroughly, and answer any follow-up questions. In particular, reflect on the specific role you played in each situation, and the actions you took to achieve success.   Answer Question

New York, NY

I applied through college or university and interviewed at PwC.

Interview Details – First round on campus, then on site superday

Interview Question – Where else are you interviewing? Where do you see yourself in 5-10 years?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation

New York, NY

I interviewed at PwC in January 2012.

Interview Details – It was through an on-campus interview. The focus of the interview is mainly on the culture fit. Unlike all the other interviews you will not get the case interview in the first round. Cases will be given to you in the second round which is usually the on-site round. Moreover case will be given to you in advance and you will need to come to the interview after solving the case. I found it good because you get the time to solve the case in advance and their is no time crunch to solve it as in other companies.

Interview Question – Tell me your three weakness (I was prepared jus for one)   Answer Question

Los Angeles, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at PwC.

Interview Details – Pretty straight forward, first was a phone interview, then 3 1-on-1 interviews. One of the in person interviews was a case study. All of the questions were fairly easy, nothing out of the ordinary. The case study took a little getting used to, they really try to knock you off of your game.

Interview Question – The case was the hardest part of the interview, it dealt mostly with financial information and data, which was not the focus of the position that I applied for.   Answer Question

Associate

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at PwC.

Interview Details – I had three separate phone interviews, then was flown out of state for the in person interview. Everything went very smoothly. A process I expected to be intimidating but it turned out to be a great experience.

Interview Question – There were no difficult or unexpected questions. I was prepared to answer questions about my interest in the position, the field, and the company. The position I was applying for was entry level, so apart from asking questions about my interest in the job they mainly stuck to questions about what was on my resume. They did not try and ask tricky questions.   Answer Question

Associate

I applied through college or university and interviewed at PwC.

Interview Details – On campus interview with pwc. I actually tot i did v well. the reason i didnt get in might be that my resume was just too weak, mostly consisted of on-campus experience with no helpful internships. I wish i had tried harder to get myself an internship before but that's alr done. good luck to you struggling ppl. btw look as good as possible.

Interview Question – Nothing unexpected. The interviewer asked very few questions but let me go through the resume by myself. I took that as nothing on my resume attracted him. but always be familiar with your resume especially where a technical question might pop up.   Answer Question

Interviewed at PwC

Interview Details – Got referred by a PwC employee and got invited for a superday set of three interviews. Waiting for further information

Interview Question – 95% of the questions totally behavioral. One question was an intereseting one. Can you give me an example of an experience in your career where your client/somebody else asked you to do something not ethical, and how you handled that.   Answer Question

Interviewed at PwC

Interview Details – Plan to have at least three interviews with managers/partners. Relaxed interview process focusing more on interpersonal interactions rather than technical skills. The interview flows like a conversation with no/limited technical questions. Things to talk about are life experiences, educational backgroud, hobbies, community involvement, etc. Each interview goes for about thirty minutes.

Interview Question – What do you consider to be your biggest weaknesses.   Answer Question

Washington, DC

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at PwC in June 2010.

Interview Details – I was referred by a friend (who was a Manager) who submitted my resume. I was contacted by an HR leader who held the first screening over the phone. Within a day, I was told that they are interested in me coming in for a series of office interviews, which would take about 3 hours. The first interview was with a managing director who mostly read my resume and said that my skills were mostly what they needed. The second interview was with a director who asked more difficult questions related to my audit experience. The third interview was with a senior partner who asked softball questions. The fourth interview was with an HR staffer who asked standard recruiting questions and confirmed my previous employers. After a week, I was asked to perform a security screening over the phone with PwC's security director. The next day I was offered the job.

Interview Question – I was asked how I would support a team of 30 individuals who were not collocated and were constantly on the move.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I gave them my salary requirement over the phone. Within a day, HR called and said that my request was higher than others within the staff class. They gave me the highest salary on their internal scale and a bonus to cover the difference.

New York, NY

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 months - interviewed at PwC in March 2010.

Interview Details – Interview process for PwC was very friendly. They asked your more personality type questions to get to know you better.

Interview Question – Why you want to join PwC?   Answer Question

Worked for PwC? Contribute to the Community!