PwC

2.9

153 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

I applied in-person. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at PwC in October 2012.

I had 2 real interview days, one on campus and one in the office. The campus interview was pretty straightforward, with one 30 minute sit-down with a partner. The office day was more intense, with 3 30-minute interviews with 3 people in 3 different positions - Senior, Manager, and Partner. I also had an associate buddy, who told me after I was given an offer that he was asked for input on me as well.

Interview Questions
  • Explain one opportunity that you did NOT take and wish you had.   Answer Question
I was not in a position to negotiate.

Other Interview Reviews for PwC

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at PwC in October 2012.

Behavioral interviews with 3 directors and 1 partner

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied through college or university – interviewed at PwC.

Mostly behavioral questions. Asks you questions on teamwork and interpersonal skills on both rounds. First round was on-campus with one person (manager) and second round was on site with 3 people (managers and above).

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

The process took a dayinterviewed at PwC in April 2012.

They came to my school and interviewed for positions in the health industries advisory department. It was a panel interview, three people, two of them were alumni from my school. It was rapid fire questions, one after another. Some of them personal, many of them were industry related. I didn't get any time for questions.

Interview Questions
    • Name three character traits about yourself. I for some reason had a hard time with this question.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

interviewed at PwC in January 2012.

It was through an on-campus interview. The focus of the interview is mainly on the culture fit. Unlike all the other interviews you will not get the case interview in the first round. Cases will be given to you in the second round which is usually the on-site round. Moreover case will be given to you in advance and you will need to come to the interview after solving the case. I found it good because you get the time to solve the case in advance and their is no time crunch to solve it as in other companies.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me your three weakness (I was prepared jus for one)   Answer Question

Associate Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at PwC in November 2011.

Submitted application through campus website and got invited to the interview on campus. Interviewed with a partner from a local office. Overall, the atmosphere was very friendly and inviting, made me feel calm and relaxed. The interviewer asked general questions about my life experiences, we talked about where I grew up and where I worked during school. I moved to United States from a different country and my interviewer previously worked in that area on his assignment so it helped to find a common topic. Interview lasted 30 minutes and later this afternoon I got a call and got an offer.

Interview Questions
    • No difficult questions, discussed life experiences and general topics   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at PwC in November 2011.

They just want to make sure you are going to work hard, excited about working for PwC, and they can put you in front of their clients.

They were pretty strict on what they would offer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at PwC in October 2011.

The first day of interviews consisted of two interviews from managers and directors of the firm. The first one was very nerve wrecking and lasted for over an hour. The interview did not consist of knowledge/education awareness questions. They have already pre-screened individuals per your resume and transcript to identify individuals academically qualified. If you get to the first round, it is to see if you can talk using manners, and with a smile. Tip: smile a lot, laugh when appropriate, wear business professional (black/gray suit with a white shirt/non-colored, tie that isn't Hawaiian, POLISH your shoes). The interview is challenging because the questions and discussions have absolutely nothing to do with the field of work.

If you make it through this interview process, you will be invited to an evening social event after which you will be introduced to your entire future prospective team. They will ALL be assessing you to see if your personality will be a good fit for the team. You will be taken out to dinner where again, the employees will outnumber the interviewees. This is again, to test your demeanor. Keep it professional, use humor, understand that these people are all human beings and want to see if they can stand working 80 hours a week with you during the busy season.

The day after the evening social comes the real interviews. You will be given a morning presentation. After that, you will have a series of appointments for interviews (4 or 5.) Each interview will last approximately 30 - 45 minutes. You will go to lunch this day with a few employees, and a few interviewees. There should be a 1:1 ratio over lunch.

All interviews are one on one. They are tough. They will ask you questions that pertain to your ability to handle clients in a professional manner, while delivering the quality standards that are expected to you. Be prepared. Know what your field does, and be prepared to answer what-if scenarios pertaining to client situations. Be prepared to talk to a partner during these interviews. This is the hardest day. Any interviewer has the right to object to your hiring. This is for good reason. Understand that it is part of the process, and they are in need of you.

They need good people and if you made the office visit, you already academically qualify. Just be yourself, stay relaxed, don't regurgitate rehearsed answers, stop and think for a few seconds before delivering a well reasoned response. Do these things and you should get a call within a few days from the Partner who interviewed you offering you a position. Don't ask about salaries, it will come in time.

I have been through harder interviews, so just remember that they are interested in you as much as you are in them. Stay yourself and shine!

Good Luck!

Interview Questions
    • How would you handle a situation in which you are auditing a client and find that documentation is missing, or something isn't right, and you suspect foul play?   View Answer
    Non-existent. This firm is competitive with industry standards and they offer a benefits package that is very generous. Take it or leave it.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 8 weeksinterviewed at PwC in October 2011.

Signed up via my university's career fair. Offered an interview about a month after the applications were submitted. It was a 1:1 behavioral interview with a director at the office. Second round began about three weeks after the first round, and was the same, except I interviewed with a partner and manager, each 1:1, with the interviews revolving around behavioral questions and examination of my resume. Extended an offer two weeks later, which I accepted over the phone with a partner.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time where you were working with a team and things were not getting done. What did you do to fix this, and how did you go about implementing your strategy?   Answer Question
    There was no negotiation involved. I was extended an offer over the phone and promptly emailed the details of the offer, which I accepted.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA

Had a screening call with HR followed by a technical phone interview. This lead into an onsite interview with 1 partner and 1 director. Offer was given quickly and started less than a month later.

Interview Questions
    Situation did not lend towards negotiation, but negotiation was not necessary offer was as discussed/promised.