PwC

Average Difficulty
143 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Associate

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at PwC.

Interview Details – HR will run the initial screening, then you will be contacted for the 2nd round of interview, mostly conducted by a peer, a manager or a director, and a partner.

Interview Question – Probably technical questions related to your experience stated in the resume. Must be fully prepared to answer regards to past projects and experience.   Answer Question

New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at PwC in January 2013.

Interview Details – Applied online but then reached out to folks on linkedin. Definitely wouldn't have moved forward without pestering people for a referral

Phone interview -basic questions (strengths and weaknesses, etc),

2nd phone interview- talked to a manager at PwC advisory, also standard questions about academic background, proudest moment, how you deal with multiple projects at one time, your analytical skills,

then

3 rounds on inperson interviews with advisory team members

Standard questions about background, dealing with clients, my knowledge of the industry the advisory position was assigned to, Why PwC?

Did not get offer, but I had to call and email about 10 times to find this out. It's a big company, so this is sadly usually the case- you have to run over many hurdles just to finally hear back from someone

Interview Question – Why PwC?   View Answer

Associate

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 months - interviewed at PwC.

Interview Details – Campus Hire - The process was very straight forward. One interview in the September October time frame on campus. A follow-up day of interviews in the office about 2 weeks later. Offer was extended in November.

Interview Question – I got a question about the bank bailout situation and offered my recommendation on how it should be solved.   Answer Question

Minneapolis, MN

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at PwC in September 2010.

Interview Details – Straight-forward. Phone interview, in person interview with 3-4 people.

Interview Question – Nothing out of the ordinary and little technical questions. Interview was more of a cultural fit assessment.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. All starting associates sign the same offer.

Hartford, CT

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at PwC in November 2012.

Interview Details – I was directly selected for the 3rd round interview (the office visit). Because it was the first and last interview, I was very nervous because it was schedule for five hours (from 8:30 to 1:30) However, the actual interview was not bad at all. After arriving the office, the partner gave an introduction about the office and they we did some ice breaker games. The actual interview started at 10 A.M. and I was interviewed by a partner, a HR manager, and a manager separately. Each interview was 30 minutes. After the end of the interview, we had a recession at a local restaurant and I had an opportunity to blend with other PwC employees. The interview ended at 1:30 P.M. and I thought I did pretty good. I was surprised that one of the partners called me back at 3:30 P.M. the same day and made an offer!

Interview Question – All the questions are very straight forward. I guess the most difficult question was when a manager ask me "what would you do if you realized that you cannot meet the deadline?" I guess a good way to approah similar question is to maintain a good attitude and be open.   Answer Question

Rochester, NY

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 days - interviewed at PwC in August 2008.

Interview Details – Interview process was several phases. I was recruited from College and the first phase was an on-campus interview. The night before the interview, PwC had a reception to meet with the people who would be interviewing. This was a great way to meet PwC employees who were also alums at the College I attended. Very social. Also, don't be fooled as this is a way for the interviewers and folks there to get in impressions of the interview candidates and how they fit in with the culture as this is very important to PwC.

The next day, on campus interviews were with one person and lasted about 45 minutes. There were greeters who met with you before and after the interview (again, part of the total review of the interview candidate). The interview was cordial and either with the Sourcing Manager or a partner/senior manager from the local branch (in this case, Rochester, NY). Questions focused on school, behavior, accomplishments, etc.

The final stage of the interview process was on site interviews which took the form of the better part of the day with lunch, presentations by various people at the firm, and 3 interviews with managers and or partners within the Firm. Questions were more varied and geared to understand personality, goals, and willingness to learn.

Interview Question – What was your biggest obstical and how did you overcome?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation - this was entry level and the job offer was pretty much flat for all starting employees

Very Easy Interview

San Jose, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at PwC in November 2011.

Interview Details – They just want to make sure you are going to work hard, excited about working for PwC, and they can put you in front of their clients.

Negotiation Details – They were pretty strict on what they would offer

McLean, VA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 5 days - interviewed at PwC in October 2011.

Interview Details – Had a screening call with HR followed by a technical phone interview. This lead into an onsite interview with 1 partner and 1 director. Offer was given quickly and started less than a month later.

Interview Question – Nothing of note.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Situation did not lend towards negotiation, but negotiation was not necessary offer was as discussed/promised.

Dallas, TX

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at PwC in October 2012.

Interview Details – Behavioral interviews with 3 directors and 1 partner

Interview Question – Do you have any other prospects in mind   Answer Question

Houston, TX

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at PwC.

Interview Details – Applied on PWC website. Got the first call and first phone interview with the Recruiter. Second phone interview was with the Recruiting Manager, these two calls took place over a month. After over a month of waiting, I was scheduled for an office visit. At the office visit, met with 7 people. All were very nice and professional; but, a lot of questions and please ensure to know what you said when and where as well as every point of your resume. They do listen to all you say carefully. Make a point to connect with people you meet in the office. All in all, I loved the office environment and all people I met.

Interview Question – When did you get negative feedback, what was it, how did you handle it, and what actions did you take due to it?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiations, but they do know what the market pay is for every role.