PwC Associate Interview Questions & Reviews

145 interviews

145 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  San Jose, CA
Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 2 months - interviewed at PwC in November 2012.

It started with a phone interview with HR for the basics. The first phone interview after that is the one that matters most, It was a phone interview and went over what you do and projects you were on. If you do well here then you should be guarantied an onsite interview.

Once onsite there were no surprise questions or anything from left field, just talk about your work and what you want too do.

Interview Questions
  • Where do you want to be in 5 years. This was hard to answer because I dont know if I will be at the company bc I am considering grad school   View Answer
I was not able to negotiate. I wish I tried harder

Other Interview Reviews for PwC

Associate Interview

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at PwC.

HR will run the initial screening, then you will be contacted for the 2nd round of interview, mostly conducted by a peer, a manager or a director, and a partner.

Interview Questions
    • Probably technical questions related to your experience stated in the resume. Must be fully prepared to answer regards to past projects and experience.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee  in  New York, NY
    Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I interviewed online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at PwC in January 2013.

Applied online but then reached out to folks on linkedin. Definitely wouldn't have moved forward without pestering people for a referral

Phone interview -basic questions (strengths and weaknesses, etc),

2nd phone interview- talked to a manager at PwC advisory, also standard questions about academic background, proudest moment, how you deal with multiple projects at one time, your analytical skills,

then

3 rounds on inperson interviews with advisory team members

Standard questions about background, dealing with clients, my knowledge of the industry the advisory position was assigned to, Why PwC?

Did not get offer, but I had to call and email about 10 times to find this out. It's a big company, so this is sadly usually the case- you have to run over many hurdles just to finally hear back from someone

Associate Interview

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 3 months - interviewed at PwC.

Campus Hire - The process was very straight forward. One interview in the September October time frame on campus. A follow-up day of interviews in the office about 2 weeks later. Offer was extended in November.

Interview Questions
    • I got a question about the bank bailout situation and offered my recommendation on how it should be solved.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Minneapolis, MN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

I interviewed online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at PwC in September 2010.

Straight-forward. Phone interview, in person interview with 3-4 people.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing out of the ordinary and little technical questions. Interview was more of a cultural fit assessment.   Answer Question
    No negotiation. All starting associates sign the same offer.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Hartford, CT
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hartford, CT

I interviewed through an employee referral - interviewed at PwC in November 2012.

I was directly selected for the 3rd round interview (the office visit). Because it was the first and last interview, I was very nervous because it was schedule for five hours (from 8:30 to 1:30) However, the actual interview was not bad at all. After arriving the office, the partner gave an introduction about the office and they we did some ice breaker games. The actual interview started at 10 A.M. and I was interviewed by a partner, a HR manager, and a manager separately. Each interview was 30 minutes. After the end of the interview, we had a recession at a local restaurant and I had an opportunity to blend with other PwC employees. The interview ended at 1:30 P.M. and I thought I did pretty good. I was surprised that one of the partners called me back at 3:30 P.M. the same day and made an offer!

Interview Questions
    • All the questions are very straight forward. I guess the most difficult question was when a manager ask me "what would you do if you realized that you cannot meet the deadline?" I guess a good way to approah similar question is to maintain a good attitude and be open.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Rochester, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rochester, NY

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 3 days - interviewed at PwC in August 2008.

Interview process was several phases. I was recruited from College and the first phase was an on-campus interview. The night before the interview, PwC had a reception to meet with the people who would be interviewing. This was a great way to meet PwC employees who were also alums at the College I attended. Very social. Also, don't be fooled as this is a way for the interviewers and folks there to get in impressions of the interview candidates and how they fit in with the culture as this is very important to PwC.

The next day, on campus interviews were with one person and lasted about 45 minutes. There were greeters who met with you before and after the interview (again, part of the total review of the interview candidate). The interview was cordial and either with the Sourcing Manager or a partner/senior manager from the local branch (in this case, Rochester, NY). Questions focused on school, behavior, accomplishments, etc.

The final stage of the interview process was on site interviews which took the form of the better part of the day with lunch, presentations by various people at the firm, and 3 interviews with managers and or partners within the Firm. Questions were more varied and geared to understand personality, goals, and willingness to learn.

Interview Questions
    • What was your biggest obstical and how did you overcome?   Answer Question
    No negotiation - this was entry level and the job offer was pretty much flat for all starting employees

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  San Jose, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at PwC in November 2011.

They just want to make sure you are going to work hard, excited about working for PwC, and they can put you in front of their clients.

They were pretty strict on what they would offer

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  McLean, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 5 days - interviewed at PwC in October 2011.

Had a screening call with HR followed by a technical phone interview. This lead into an onsite interview with 1 partner and 1 director. Offer was given quickly and started less than a month later.

Interview Questions
    Situation did not lend towards negotiation, but negotiation was not necessary offer was as discussed/promised.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Dallas, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at PwC in October 2012.

Behavioral interviews with 3 directors and 1 partner