PwC Associate Interview Questions

Updated Aug 9, 2015

2.9

Associate Interview

Interview

Asked about college experiences, prior internships.

Interview Questions

• They asked why public accounting as opposed to private accounting.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for PwC

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at PwC (Washington, DC).

Interview

First round of interview for tax associate in ITS. The interviewers were laid back and be ready to ask questions.

Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at PwC.

Interview

HR will run the initial screening, then you will be contacted for the 2nd round of interview, mostly conducted by a peer, a manager or a director, and a partner.

Interview Questions

• Probably technical questions related to your experience stated in the resume. Must be fully prepared to answer regards to past projects and experience.   Answer Question

Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at PwC.

Interview

Campus Hire - The process was very straight forward. One interview in the September October time frame on campus. A follow-up day of interviews in the office about 2 weeks later. Offer was extended in November.

Interview Questions

• I got a question about the bank bailout situation and offered my recommendation on how it should be solved.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at PwC (New York, NY) in January 2013.

Interview

Applied online but then reached out to folks on linkedin. Definitely wouldn't have moved forward without pestering people for a referral Phone interview -basic questions (strengths and weaknesses, etc), 2nd phone interview- talked to a manager at PwC advisory, also standard questions about academic background, proudest moment, how you deal with multiple projects at one time, your analytical skills, then 3 rounds on inperson interviews with advisory team members Standard questions about background, dealing with clients, my knowledge of the industry the advisory position was assigned to, Why PwC? Did not get offer, but I had to call and email about 10 times to find this out. It's a big company, so this is sadly usually the case- you have to run over many hurdles just to finally hear back from someone

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at PwC (San Jose, CA) in November 2012.

Interview

It started with a phone interview with HR for the basics. The first phone interview after that is the one that matters most, It was a phone interview and went over what you do and projects you were on. If you do well here then you should be guarantied an onsite interview. Once onsite there were no surprise questions or anything from left field, just talk about your work and what you want too do.

Interview Questions

• Where do you want to be in 5 years. This was hard to answer because I dont know if I will be at the company bc I am considering grad school   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was not able to negotiate. I wish I tried harder

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hartford, CT

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at PwC (Hartford, CT) in November 2012.

Interview

I was directly selected for the 3rd round interview (the office visit). Because it was the first and last interview, I was very nervous because it was schedule for five hours (from 8:30 to 1:30) However, the actual interview was not bad at all. After arriving the office, the partner gave an introduction about the office and they we did some ice breaker games. The actual interview started at 10 A.M. and I was interviewed by a partner, a HR manager, and a manager separately. Each interview was 30 minutes. After the end of the interview, we had a recession at a local restaurant and I had an opportunity to blend with other PwC employees. The interview ended at 1:30 P.M. and I thought I did pretty good. I was surprised that one of the partners called me back at 3:30 P.M. the same day and made an offer!

Interview Questions

• All the questions are very straight forward. I guess the most difficult question was when a manager ask me "what would you do if you realized that you cannot meet the deadline?" I guess a good way to approah similar question is to maintain a good attitude and be open.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at PwC (Houston, TX).

Interview

Applied on PWC website. Got the first call and first phone interview with the Recruiter. Second phone interview was with the Recruiting Manager, these two calls took place over a month. After over a month of waiting, I was scheduled for an office visit. At the office visit, met with 7 people. All were very nice and professional; but, a lot of questions and please ensure to know what you said when and where as well as every point of your resume. They do listen to all you say carefully. Make a point to connect with people you meet in the office. All in all, I loved the office environment and all people I met.

Interview Questions

• When did you get negative feedback, what was it, how did you handle it, and what actions did you take due to it?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiations, but they do know what the market pay is for every role.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at PwC (Charlotte, NC) in October 2012.

Interview

I had 2 real interview days, one on campus and one in the office. The campus interview was pretty straightforward, with one 30 minute sit-down with a partner. The office day was more intense, with 3 30-minute interviews with 3 people in 3 different positions - Senior, Manager, and Partner. I also had an associate buddy, who told me after I was given an offer that he was asked for input on me as well.

Interview Questions

• Explain one opportunity that you did NOT take and wish you had.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was not in a position to negotiate.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at PwC (Dallas, TX) in October 2012.

Interview

Behavioral interviews with 3 directors and 1 partner