PwC

Average Difficulty
143 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

San Francisco, CA

I applied through college or university and interviewed at PwC.

Interview Details – Mostly behavioral questions. Asks you questions on teamwork and interpersonal skills on both rounds. First round was on-campus with one person (manager) and second round was on site with 3 people (managers and above).

Interview Question – Where do you see yourself in 20 years?   Answer Question

New York, NY

I applied through college or university and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at PwC in October 2010.

Interview Details – The entire process was very soft skilled based and I felt that I got the job after the first round interview because I went to a target school that PwC recruits heavily from.

Interview Question – Most difficult question was why PwC.   View Answers (2)

Negotiation Details – No Negotiation.

Boston, MA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at PwC in October 2011.

Interview Details – Neutral experience interviewing here. I applied for a healthcare position and no one on the information panels during the interview day had any knowledge whatsoever on the position or the healthcare sector of the company in general. The information was geared mostly towards audit type positions. Went through round of 3 interviewers- all were fine to interview with. However if you're looking for a pharma specific consultant type role this is not a great fit- as I realized during these sets of interviews.

Interview Question – Give an example of a time where you failed at something.   Answer Question

Dallas, TX

The process took a day - interviewed at PwC in April 2012.

Interview Details – They came to my school and interviewed for positions in the health industries advisory department. It was a panel interview, three people, two of them were alumni from my school. It was rapid fire questions, one after another. Some of them personal, many of them were industry related. I didn't get any time for questions.

Interview Question – Name three character traits about yourself. I for some reason had a hard time with this question.   Answer Question

Pittsburgh, PA

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at PwC in February 2011.

Interview Details – 3 personal interviews. Rounds consisted of resume walk through, behavioral interview and on-the-spot mini-case type questions

Interview Questions

• Describe the best project you have worked for.   View Answer
  • Describe one difficult team situation you have faced and how did you face it ?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Yes if you have relevant industry/academic experience

Very Easy Interview

San Francisco, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took 8 weeks - interviewed at PwC in October 2011.

Interview Details – Signed up via my university's career fair. Offered an interview about a month after the applications were submitted. It was a 1:1 behavioral interview with a director at the office. Second round began about three weeks after the first round, and was the same, except I interviewed with a partner and manager, each 1:1, with the interviews revolving around behavioral questions and examination of my resume. Extended an offer two weeks later, which I accepted over the phone with a partner.

Interview Question – Describe a time where you were working with a team and things were not getting done. What did you do to fix this, and how did you go about implementing your strategy?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation involved. I was extended an offer over the phone and promptly emailed the details of the offer, which I accepted.

Phoenix, AZ

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 5 days - interviewed at PwC in October 2011.

Interview Details – The first day of interviews consisted of two interviews from managers and directors of the firm. The first one was very nerve wrecking and lasted for over an hour. The interview did not consist of knowledge/education awareness questions. They have already pre-screened individuals per your resume and transcript to identify individuals academically qualified. If you get to the first round, it is to see if you can talk using manners, and with a smile. Tip: smile a lot, laugh when appropriate, wear business professional (black/gray suit with a white shirt/non-colored, tie that isn't Hawaiian, POLISH your shoes). The interview is challenging because the questions and discussions have absolutely nothing to do with the field of work.

If you make it through this interview process, you will be invited to an evening social event after which you will be introduced to your entire future prospective team. They will ALL be assessing you to see if your personality will be a good fit for the team. You will be taken out to dinner where again, the employees will outnumber the interviewees. This is again, to test your demeanor. Keep it professional, use humor, understand that these people are all human beings and want to see if they can stand working 80 hours a week with you during the busy season.

The day after the evening social comes the real interviews. You will be given a morning presentation. After that, you will have a series of appointments for interviews (4 or 5.) Each interview will last approximately 30 - 45 minutes. You will go to lunch this day with a few employees, and a few interviewees. There should be a 1:1 ratio over lunch.

All interviews are one on one. They are tough. They will ask you questions that pertain to your ability to handle clients in a professional manner, while delivering the quality standards that are expected to you. Be prepared. Know what your field does, and be prepared to answer what-if scenarios pertaining to client situations. Be prepared to talk to a partner during these interviews. This is the hardest day. Any interviewer has the right to object to your hiring. This is for good reason. Understand that it is part of the process, and they are in need of you.

They need good people and if you made the office visit, you already academically qualify. Just be yourself, stay relaxed, don't regurgitate rehearsed answers, stop and think for a few seconds before delivering a well reasoned response. Do these things and you should get a call within a few days from the Partner who interviewed you offering you a position. Don't ask about salaries, it will come in time.

I have been through harder interviews, so just remember that they are interested in you as much as you are in them. Stay yourself and shine!

Good Luck!

Interview Question – How would you handle a situation in which you are auditing a client and find that documentation is missing, or something isn't right, and you suspect foul play?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Non-existent. This firm is competitive with industry standards and they offer a benefits package that is very generous. Take it or leave it.

New York, NY

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at PwC in January 2011.

Interview Details – I interviewed on campus and I was invited for the superday in the office. The people are amazing, everybody is very nice and helpful. The process is not stressful and it is all behavioral with some questions that check how you think. Overall, great experience.

Interview Questions

Reason for Declining – I decided to take an alternative offer.

New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at PwC in March 2010.

Interview Details – I interviewed with 2 directors and 2 managers and 1 partner. Each interview lasted 30 minutes and I was asked a multitude of questions. I was asked some technical accounting questions and finance questions, however the majority of the interview was used to get to know me.

Interview Question – How do you value a company? Explain a DCF?   Answer Question

Chicago, IL

The process took 2 months - interviewed at PwC in June 2011.

Interview Details – I was contacted through an organization at my college informed us that PwC was looking for new associates. I applied and was contacted through HR for a phone interview with a Senior Associate. The phone interview was you basic behavioral asked questions about my background and what I did in college. After that it took 3 weeks to hear back and informed my that I would be brought to the office for final rounds. For the final interviews all were behavioral except one dealt with small cases. had 6 total interviews, which is out of the norm. I think typically it will be 4-5, but I was only able to meet with the partner for 10 mins because he had an important meeting he had to go to. Everyone in the group was nice. One thing I must say is HR seemed a little out of the loop. Seemed they were always behind on what the practice group wanted them to do.

Interview Question – Why consulting?   Answer Question