PwC Associate Interview Questions

Updated Oct 19, 2014
Updated Oct 19, 2014

149 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at PwC in March 2010.

Interview process for PwC was very friendly. They asked your more personality type questions to get to know you better.

Other Interview Reviews for PwC

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at PwC in March 2010.

I interviewed with 2 directors and 2 managers and 1 partner. Each interview lasted 30 minutes and I was asked a multitude of questions. I was asked some technical accounting questions and finance questions, however the majority of the interview was used to get to know me.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at PwC in November 2009.

Met with the firm during a Career Fair at my university to meet with current employees and recruiters. Signed up for an on-campus intervew, which consisted of a 1:1 inteview with a manager, senior manager or partner. Interview was 30-45 minutes and was primarily behavorial questions with some time at the end to ask questions yourself.

After a week or so, I receieved an offer for a second round interview at the office location I had chosen, (Chicago, IL). This process included a pre-night dinner, the night before my intervew in the office, where you met with various levels of employees across all service lines to gain an understanding of the firm. The day of the interview consistes of a office tour and three seperate 1:1 interview. One being with your service line Partner, one with a manager or senior manager, and the last one was a HR representative. Most of these interviews were also Behavioral or Situational questions. With a few questions regarding the current news.

Interview Questions
    • Your GPA is well above average (3.5+), but why isn't it better?   View Answer
    • What is an interest new article that you have recently read?   View Answer
    N/a.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at PwC in October 2009.

One phone interview for about 30 minutes. Three interviews after that with a manager, sr manager and a partner. Each around 30 minutes each.

Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at PwC in October 2009.

I applied to the job via Monster.com. I sent in my resume and received a response right away. The recruiter called me to set up a phone interview for the following week. The interview was very relaxed- it was all behavioral questions and lasted 30 minutes. Two days later i received a phone call to schedule an in-person interview. I haven't had it yet, but from what I understand, it will consist of peer interviews, partner intreviews, and a hiring manager interview- all on one day.

Interview Questions
    • Have you ever been placed in a situation where you completely disagree with a team leader/superior? What did you do to resolve the issue?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

The process took 3 daysinterviewed at PwC in September 2009.

There was an on campus interview followed by an office visit for 3 individual interviews during the visit. Everyone was really relaxed and the questions were all behavioral. There were people assigned to show you around the office and to ask questions but they also submit their input on whether you should be hired or not.

Interview Questions
    • If you had a day to do nothing, what would you do?   Answer Question
    • Describe a time when your group has failed to accomplish its goals.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at PwC in March 2009.

It was a 30 minutes long 1:1 phone interview with a manager. 70% go through the resume, 20% personality questions, 10% technical questions. It was a very nice experience.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

I applied through college or university – interviewed at PwC in February 2009.

It was a fun experience. I was studying in Paris France at the time. Got a phone interview and passed. traveled to Amsterdam and checked my email and noted no reply. Later found out that the reply from the company went to my junk mail. Passed the first round interview. Flew back to the states for the inhouse interview. It was intensive for me at the time. Interviewed 5 different people and asked questions in the panel. Got offer the next week for the internship

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at PwC in September 2008.

Professionally managed, good brand recognition on my campus and the people I met were really good. The pre-interview dinner was in the pantry of the office which I thought was cheap.

Interview Questions
    • Who was the first person that interviewed you? A memory and dedication test.   Answer Question
    • If you were to present our findings, how would you do it in 5 minutes?   Answer Question
    I was not able to negotiate. They had set amount they were offering which was comparable to what the other big four were offering.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rochester, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rochester, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at PwC in August 2008.

Interview process was several phases. I was recruited from College and the first phase was an on-campus interview. The night before the interview, PwC had a reception to meet with the people who would be interviewing. This was a great way to meet PwC employees who were also alums at the College I attended. Very social. Also, don't be fooled as this is a way for the interviewers and folks there to get in impressions of the interview candidates and how they fit in with the culture as this is very important to PwC.

The next day, on campus interviews were with one person and lasted about 45 minutes. There were greeters who met with you before and after the interview (again, part of the total review of the interview candidate). The interview was cordial and either with the Sourcing Manager or a partner/senior manager from the local branch (in this case, Rochester, NY). Questions focused on school, behavior, accomplishments, etc.

The final stage of the interview process was on site interviews which took the form of the better part of the day with lunch, presentations by various people at the firm, and 3 interviews with managers and or partners within the Firm. Questions were more varied and geared to understand personality, goals, and willingness to learn.

Interview Questions
    • What was your biggest obstical and how did you overcome?   Answer Question
    No negotiation - this was entry level and the job offer was pretty much flat for all starting employees