PwC

Average Difficulty
142 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

New York, NY

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at PwC in March 2011.

Interview Details – I did a phone interview with a manager, easy questions, I had to ask him quite a lot of questions Overall the person was quite laid back and questions as usual, any technical questions, just general questions about background and company

Interview Question – What are your interests besides finance or accounting   Answer Question

Boston, MA

The process took 3 days - interviewed at PwC in September 2009.

Interview Details – There was an on campus interview followed by an office visit for 3 individual interviews during the visit. Everyone was really relaxed and the questions were all behavioral. There were people assigned to show you around the office and to ask questions but they also submit their input on whether you should be hired or not.

New York, NY

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at PwC in April 2008.

Interview Details – Interviews tend to be non technical at the associate level, with a focus on behavorial questions. Focus on the basic strengh weakness questions, talk about experiences, make sure your answers are pro teamwork, hard work etc. You will typically interview with 4 people, 2 accounting staff, 1 partner and 1 hr person. Once they call you into an interview chances are they will take you provided you do not screw up on the interview. So don't sweat it and be confident.

Interview Question – Dont recall exactly but you will be given a scenario where your not getting along with someone on the team, how do you deal with it etc.   Answer Question

New York, NY

I applied through college or university and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at PwC in September 2008.

Interview Details – Professionally managed, good brand recognition on my campus and the people I met were really good. The pre-interview dinner was in the pantry of the office which I thought was cheap.

Interview Questions

• Who was the first person that interviewed you? A memory and dedication test.   Answer Question
  • If you were to present our findings, how would you do it in 5 minutes?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was not able to negotiate. They had set amount they were offering which was comparable to what the other big four were offering.

New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at PwC in October 2009.

Interview Details – One phone interview for about 30 minutes. Three interviews after that with a manager, sr manager and a partner. Each around 30 minutes each.

Chicago, IL

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at PwC in November 2009.

Interview Details – Met with the firm during a Career Fair at my university to meet with current employees and recruiters. Signed up for an on-campus intervew, which consisted of a 1:1 inteview with a manager, senior manager or partner. Interview was 30-45 minutes and was primarily behavorial questions with some time at the end to ask questions yourself.

After a week or so, I receieved an offer for a second round interview at the office location I had chosen, (Chicago, IL). This process included a pre-night dinner, the night before my intervew in the office, where you met with various levels of employees across all service lines to gain an understanding of the firm. The day of the interview consistes of a office tour and three seperate 1:1 interview. One being with your service line Partner, one with a manager or senior manager, and the last one was a HR representative. Most of these interviews were also Behavioral or Situational questions. With a few questions regarding the current news.

Interview Questions

• Your GPA is well above average (3.5+), but why isn't it better?   View Answer
  • What is an interest new article that you have recently read?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – N/a.

New York, NY

The process took 1+ week - interviewed at PwC in March 2009.

Interview Details – It was a 30 minutes long 1:1 phone interview with a manager. 70% go through the resume, 20% personality questions, 10% technical questions. It was a very nice experience.

Interview Question – what's your biggest weakness?   Answer Question

Los Angeles, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at PwC in June 2008.

Interview Details – I submitted my resume through a former colleague which helped me get in the door and get an interview. I interviewed with about three different people including the HR associate and a number of people within the department including a partner, a manager and an Associate. The interview questions were pretty standard and behavioral in nature.

Interview Question – What are your 3 biggest weaknesses?   Answer Question

Dallas, TX

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at PwC in March 2007.

Interview Details – First I had two one on one Interviews each lasting about half an hour each. Once they decided on whether I was a fit for their firm they then offered me an office visit, or a second interview. This seemed to be less an interview and more of a showing of the firm and why you would be a good fit there.

Interview Question – Why did you receive this grade on your transcript?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation seems possible since everyone gets the same generic contract when hired.

Associate

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at PwC in October 2009.

Interview Details – I applied to the job via Monster.com. I sent in my resume and received a response right away. The recruiter called me to set up a phone interview for the following week. The interview was very relaxed- it was all behavioral questions and lasted 30 minutes. Two days later i received a phone call to schedule an in-person interview. I haven't had it yet, but from what I understand, it will consist of peer interviews, partner intreviews, and a hiring manager interview- all on one day.

Interview Question – Have you ever been placed in a situation where you completely disagree with a team leader/superior? What did you do to resolve the issue?   Answer Question