PwC

Updated Jan 13, 2015
Updated Jan 13, 2015

2.9

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at PwC in October 2010.

The entire process was very soft skilled based and I felt that I got the job after the first round interview because I went to a target school that PwC recruits heavily from.

No Negotiation.

Other Interview Reviews for PwC

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at PwC in September 2010.

Straight-forward. Phone interview, in person interview with 3-4 people.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing out of the ordinary and little technical questions. Interview was more of a cultural fit assessment.   Answer Question
    No negotiation. All starting associates sign the same offer.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at PwC in June 2010.

I was referred by a friend (who was a Manager) who submitted my resume. I was contacted by an HR leader who held the first screening over the phone. Within a day, I was told that they are interested in me coming in for a series of office interviews, which would take about 3 hours. The first interview was with a managing director who mostly read my resume and said that my skills were mostly what they needed. The second interview was with a director who asked more difficult questions related to my audit experience. The third interview was with a senior partner who asked softball questions. The fourth interview was with an HR staffer who asked standard recruiting questions and confirmed my previous employers. After a week, I was asked to perform a security screening over the phone with PwC's security director. The next day I was offered the job.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked how I would support a team of 30 individuals who were not collocated and were constantly on the move.   View Answer
    I gave them my salary requirement over the phone. Within a day, HR called and said that my request was higher than others within the staff class. They gave me the highest salary on their internal scale and a bonus to cover the difference.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at PwC in May 2010.

I started through one of their temp agencies, Randstad. I took a computer based exam on my skills with Microsoft Office. I never met who I was working for before I started working. They just needed a body. I was right out of college so the interview was more about what I want to do with my life for the next 2-3 years. Very general and informal.

Interview Questions
    • Everything you would expect from any book of the "Top {insert number here} interview questions."   Answer Question
    There was no negotiation and they were fairly clear on that.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at PwC in March 2010.

Interview process for PwC was very friendly. They asked your more personality type questions to get to know you better.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at PwC in March 2010.

I interviewed with 2 directors and 2 managers and 1 partner. Each interview lasted 30 minutes and I was asked a multitude of questions. I was asked some technical accounting questions and finance questions, however the majority of the interview was used to get to know me.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at PwC in November 2009.

Met with the firm during a Career Fair at my university to meet with current employees and recruiters. Signed up for an on-campus intervew, which consisted of a 1:1 inteview with a manager, senior manager or partner. Interview was 30-45 minutes and was primarily behavorial questions with some time at the end to ask questions yourself.

After a week or so, I receieved an offer for a second round interview at the office location I had chosen, (Chicago, IL). This process included a pre-night dinner, the night before my intervew in the office, where you met with various levels of employees across all service lines to gain an understanding of the firm. The day of the interview consistes of a office tour and three seperate 1:1 interview. One being with your service line Partner, one with a manager or senior manager, and the last one was a HR representative. Most of these interviews were also Behavioral or Situational questions. With a few questions regarding the current news.

Interview Questions
    • Your GPA is well above average (3.5+), but why isn't it better?   View Answer
    • What is an interest new article that you have recently read?   View Answer
    N/a.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at PwC in October 2009.

One phone interview for about 30 minutes. Three interviews after that with a manager, sr manager and a partner. Each around 30 minutes each.

Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at PwC in October 2009.

I applied to the job via Monster.com. I sent in my resume and received a response right away. The recruiter called me to set up a phone interview for the following week. The interview was very relaxed- it was all behavioral questions and lasted 30 minutes. Two days later i received a phone call to schedule an in-person interview. I haven't had it yet, but from what I understand, it will consist of peer interviews, partner intreviews, and a hiring manager interview- all on one day.

Interview Questions
    • Have you ever been placed in a situation where you completely disagree with a team leader/superior? What did you do to resolve the issue?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

The process took 3 daysinterviewed at PwC in September 2009.

There was an on campus interview followed by an office visit for 3 individual interviews during the visit. Everyone was really relaxed and the questions were all behavioral. There were people assigned to show you around the office and to ask questions but they also submit their input on whether you should be hired or not.

Interview Questions
    • If you had a day to do nothing, what would you do?   Answer Question
    • Describe a time when your group has failed to accomplish its goals.   Answer Question