PwC

Average Difficulty
144 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Dallas, TX

The process took a day - interviewed at PwC in July 2007.

Interview Details – I was contacted since I had applied for the job on Monster. The interview went smoothly. No technical accounting questions were asked. Most of the questions were situational. I interviewed with two partners. a director, a manager and HR. All the interviewers were very pleasant and porfessional

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – Very little room for salary negotiation

Boston, MA

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at PwC in May 2007.

Interview Details – There are 2 rounds of interviews. An initial screening on-campus and then you are invited to the PwC office to meet with three other high level staff. The questions were very straight forward as they know they are interviewing kids straight from college. They are looking for people that want ot be in the accounting field and have strong communication skills.

Interview Question – What do you know about FAS 109?   Answer Question

Washington, DC

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at PwC in June 2008.

Interview Details – After having a colleague refer me to an open position, PWC indicated that they weren't hiring at that time. About a month later I was asked to interview for an Associate position within their Government Affairs practice group.

The group was unique to PWC in the sense that they focused more on the legislative side of the accounting/financial world.

The position was in support of two managers, one senior manager, and one vice president, all whom I interviewed with. Overall, the culture of PWC is very strong, and more lively than I expected for what many consider a dull accounting firm. PWC has a lot of government consulting contracts to make gov't work more efficiently. I was impressed by the team, though the role was more support than the legislative experience I had.

Interview Question – We currently use new media like webcasts to explain legislation that affects the accounting world. These are very poorly attended. How would you create more interest?   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Mc Lean, VA

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at PwC in January 2007.

Interview Details – Initial interview with a Director level interviewer. The interview was conversational and non-behavioral. The second interview was an office visit with two directors where one interview was very similiar to the inital interview and the other was 100% behavioral. I met with some staff members for lunch and we also were provided with a presentation regarding the firms services and clients.

Interview Question – Why should PwC hire you? What do you bring that noone else does?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Start date. Salary was negotiable at a very minimal amount

New York, NY

I applied through college or university and the process took 1 week - interviewed at PwC in January 2007.

Interview Details – Fairly casual and qualitative. Almost no technical questions

Interview Question – What is beta?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation

Very Difficult Interview

Zwolle, Overijssel (Netherlands)

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at PwC in December 2012.

Interview Details – Telephone interview, tests, more tests, face to face interview, rejection, difficult question and trust issues. People claim that you are wrong when you are right. It is a horrible company and all they do is to flame you and make you feel bad. Do not go there.

Interview Question – Do I have to trust someone on his blue eyes?   View Answer

Associate

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at PwC in July 2013.

Interview Details – There's an online numerical and logical test, as well as something like a situational judgement test. the same tests in higher difficulty arise in the assessment centre. Following that there is a group exeercise and a couple of interviews, depending on your performace in the previous areas

Interview Question – the tests in the assessment centre are more difficult than the ones completed online   Answer Question

Mumbai (India)

I interviewed at PwC in January 2014.

Interview Details – It is a fair process, everybody is given a fair chance to present their talents. PwC has a great way of taking interviews. The interviewee will always be made comfortable, and given ample time to prepare himself/herself before the interview. The interviewers will be very experienced professionals nad will make every efforts to make the interview a great experience for the interveiwee.

Interview Question – There are no unexpected questions,. An interviewee is expected to have some background of the job applied for. The interview will be more or less around the job profile, and certain technical skills that are needed to perform that role. Nothing is difficult if you know where your going.   Answer Question

Interviewed at PwC

Interview Details – It was a ridiculous process. Absolutely horrible. At the same time, it was an amazing experience. You have to say that they have very good interview process system. Also, i don't remember anything of that. I do not know what all things were useful or not. I don't remember who took the interview.

Interview Question – What is your name?   Answer Question

Associate

I applied online and interviewed at PwC.

Interview Details – Called by HR to confirm the information and interview date. The interview started with written test, and followed by HR interview. It was basic and mainly focused on CV. The interviewer was really nice, and gave me feedback on my performance. Two weeks after the first interview, I was informed that I was going to have manager interview shortly.

Interview Question – Second opinion for the position   Answer Question