PwC

2.9

151 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rochester, NY
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rochester, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at PwC in August 2008.

Interview process was several phases. I was recruited from College and the first phase was an on-campus interview. The night before the interview, PwC had a reception to meet with the people who would be interviewing. This was a great way to meet PwC employees who were also alums at the College I attended. Very social. Also, don't be fooled as this is a way for the interviewers and folks there to get in impressions of the interview candidates and how they fit in with the culture as this is very important to PwC.

The next day, on campus interviews were with one person and lasted about 45 minutes. There were greeters who met with you before and after the interview (again, part of the total review of the interview candidate). The interview was cordial and either with the Sourcing Manager or a partner/senior manager from the local branch (in this case, Rochester, NY). Questions focused on school, behavior, accomplishments, etc.

The final stage of the interview process was on site interviews which took the form of the better part of the day with lunch, presentations by various people at the firm, and 3 interviews with managers and or partners within the Firm. Questions were more varied and geared to understand personality, goals, and willingness to learn.

Interview Questions
  • What was your biggest obstical and how did you overcome?   Answer Question
No negotiation - this was entry level and the job offer was pretty much flat for all starting employees

Other Interview Reviews for PwC

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at PwC in June 2008.

After having a colleague refer me to an open position, PWC indicated that they weren't hiring at that time. About a month later I was asked to interview for an Associate position within their Government Affairs practice group.

The group was unique to PWC in the sense that they focused more on the legislative side of the accounting/financial world.

The position was in support of two managers, one senior manager, and one vice president, all whom I interviewed with. Overall, the culture of PWC is very strong, and more lively than I expected for what many consider a dull accounting firm. PWC has a lot of government consulting contracts to make gov't work more efficiently. I was impressed by the team, though the role was more support than the legislative experience I had.

Interview Questions
    • We currently use new media like webcasts to explain legislation that affects the accounting world. These are very poorly attended. How would you create more interest?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I submitted my resume through a former colleague which helped me get in the door and get an interview. I interviewed with about three different people including the HR associate and a number of people within the department including a partner, a manager and an Associate. The interview questions were pretty standard and behavioral in nature.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at PwC in April 2008.

Interviews tend to be non technical at the associate level, with a focus on behavorial questions. Focus on the basic strengh weakness questions, talk about experiences, make sure your answers are pro teamwork, hard work etc. You will typically interview with 4 people, 2 accounting staff, 1 partner and 1 hr person. Once they call you into an interview chances are they will take you provided you do not screw up on the interview. So don't sweat it and be confident.

Interview Questions
    • Dont recall exactly but you will be given a scenario where your not getting along with someone on the team, how do you deal with it etc.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

The process took a dayinterviewed at PwC in July 2007.

I was contacted since I had applied for the job on Monster. The interview went smoothly. No technical accounting questions were asked. Most of the questions were situational. I interviewed with two partners. a director, a manager and HR. All the interviewers were very pleasant and porfessional

Interview Questions
    Very little room for salary negotiation

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at PwC in May 2007.

There are 2 rounds of interviews. An initial screening on-campus and then you are invited to the PwC office to meet with three other high level staff. The questions were very straight forward as they know they are interviewing kids straight from college. They are looking for people that want ot be in the accounting field and have strong communication skills.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at PwC in March 2007.

First I had two one on one Interviews each lasting about half an hour each. Once they decided on whether I was a fit for their firm they then offered me an office visit, or a second interview. This seemed to be less an interview and more of a showing of the firm and why you would be a good fit there.

Interview Questions
    No negotiation seems possible since everyone gets the same generic contract when hired.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at PwC in January 2007.

Fairly casual and qualitative. Almost no technical questions

No negotiation

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mc Lean, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mc Lean, VA

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at PwC in January 2007.

Initial interview with a Director level interviewer. The interview was conversational and non-behavioral. The second interview was an office visit with two directors where one interview was very similiar to the inital interview and the other was 100% behavioral. I met with some staff members for lunch and we also were provided with a presentation regarding the firms services and clients.

Interview Questions
    • Why should PwC hire you? What do you bring that noone else does?   Answer Question
    Start date. Salary was negotiable at a very minimal amount

Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at PwC in October 2014.

Applied on the careers website online and was contacted by phone to arrange a 1:1 interview. They offered the associate position with the e-assurance department. The interview was good, mainly about them getting to know you, your experience and whether you fit with the role. They offered to rotate me across the different departments in the company.