PwC

Average Difficulty
5 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Washington, DC

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at PwC in June 2010.

Interview Details – I was referred by a friend (who was a Manager) who submitted my resume. I was contacted by an HR leader who held the first screening over the phone. Within a day, I was told that they are interested in me coming in for a series of office interviews, which would take about 3 hours. The first interview was with a managing director who mostly read my resume and said that my skills were mostly what they needed. The second interview was with a director who asked more difficult questions related to my audit experience. The third interview was with a senior partner who asked softball questions. The fourth interview was with an HR staffer who asked standard recruiting questions and confirmed my previous employers. After a week, I was asked to perform a security screening over the phone with PwC's security director. The next day I was offered the job.

Interview Question – I was asked how I would support a team of 30 individuals who were not collocated and were constantly on the move.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I gave them my salary requirement over the phone. Within a day, HR called and said that my request was higher than others within the staff class. They gave me the highest salary on their internal scale and a bonus to cover the difference.

Washington, DC

I applied through college or university and interviewed at PwC.

Interview Details – First round of interview for tax associate in ITS. The interviewers were laid back and be ready to ask questions.

McLean, VA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 5 days - interviewed at PwC in October 2011.

Interview Details – Had a screening call with HR followed by a technical phone interview. This lead into an onsite interview with 1 partner and 1 director. Offer was given quickly and started less than a month later.

Interview Question – Nothing of note.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Situation did not lend towards negotiation, but negotiation was not necessary offer was as discussed/promised.

Washington, DC

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at PwC in June 2008.

Interview Details – After having a colleague refer me to an open position, PWC indicated that they weren't hiring at that time. About a month later I was asked to interview for an Associate position within their Government Affairs practice group.

The group was unique to PWC in the sense that they focused more on the legislative side of the accounting/financial world.

The position was in support of two managers, one senior manager, and one vice president, all whom I interviewed with. Overall, the culture of PWC is very strong, and more lively than I expected for what many consider a dull accounting firm. PWC has a lot of government consulting contracts to make gov't work more efficiently. I was impressed by the team, though the role was more support than the legislative experience I had.

Interview Question – We currently use new media like webcasts to explain legislation that affects the accounting world. These are very poorly attended. How would you create more interest?   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Mc Lean, VA

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at PwC in January 2007.

Interview Details – Initial interview with a Director level interviewer. The interview was conversational and non-behavioral. The second interview was an office visit with two directors where one interview was very similiar to the inital interview and the other was 100% behavioral. I met with some staff members for lunch and we also were provided with a presentation regarding the firms services and clients.

Interview Question – Why should PwC hire you? What do you bring that noone else does?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Start date. Salary was negotiable at a very minimal amount

Interviews for Top Jobs at PwC

Worked for PwC? Contribute to the Community!

PwC Videos

PwC – Why Work for Us?

Imagine the power of 160,000 people with a common purpose — building relationships that create value for you and your business. This is PwC. Every day, our people work with you to build the value you are looking for… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at PwC Associate interview questions and advice in Washington, DC . All 5 interview reviews posted anonymously by PwC employees and interview candidates.