PwC Assurance Associate Interview Questions

Updated Aug 18, 2014

2.6

25 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Assurance Associate Interview

I was hired on campus. Started going to on campus networking events Sophomore year and eventually interviewed for full-time senior year. Interview was all behavioral and mostly just a conversation.

Other Interview Reviews for PwC

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Boston, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at PwC in November 2013.

I applied for assurance associate position in Los Angeles at a job fair for English and Japanese bilinguals so the position was for Japanese practice.
    I walked into their booth with my resume. First they put me through "English screening" which is just and an casual conversation with one of their staff. The next one was a real interview with an manager. He asked me to explain him my past job experiences and why I want to do audit. It took about 10 to 15 minutes. The second interview was on the next day with a partner. He basically asked same basic questions but he asked what industry I would be interested in to audit. Also he asked why PwC, not other Big 4. The interview was about 20 mins and I was invited to dinner with all the staff, managers and partners that night. I was not asked any interview-like questions at dinner but I got to ask many questions about the firm.
    About 2 weeks later, I had phone interviews with one manager and two partners on the same day. Each interview was for 30 mins. (You usually visit their office for this interviews but I was out of country and could not be there.) There was no difficult or surprise questions here as well but I could have nice conversations that especially I had someone we know in common with two of them.
    I got an offer on the next day of the phone interviews.

Interview Questions
    • There was no surprise questions and all they asked is basic things such as my past job experience, why audit, why PwC, etc.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Pittsburgh, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at PwC in October 2013.

Applied on school website. They had a pre-interview event and told everyone they were already lucky to even make it to the interview stage. Interview was questions about my resume. it was really laid back. It was the best interview I ever had.

Interview Questions
    • Why PwC do you want to work for PwC over the other accounting firms   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Boston, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at PwC in November 2012.

Good process, behavioral interviews were standard

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied through college or university - interviewed at PwC in October 2012.

Submitted my resume for an on campus interview.

Interview Questions
    • The interview was pretty casual. We mostly went over my resume and i was able to ask some questions at the end.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Philadelphia, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at PwC in September 2012.

On campus interview followed by office visit/interview.

Interview Questions
    • What was the greatest challenge you had to over come in college?   Answer Question
    No negotiation attempted.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 weeks - interviewed at PwC in November 2011.

First round interview for campus hires is done at the educational institution, second round in the office. The second round interview consists of 3 back to back interviews.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you worked in a team and things did not go as planned, how did you handle the situation?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 5+ weeks - interviewed at PwC in April 2011.

First had a phone interview (scheduled for 30 minutes but went over to 45min) where she asked the typical phone interview questions (google it, basically revolves around your resume) then got invited to the "SuperDay" in NYC.

It involved a "Q&A" with partners and managers (round table style with all other candidates, pretty relaxed), three 30min interviews (one on one, manager, partner, HR, in that order), and a lunch (which turned out to just be with our associate hosts and one manager). Surprisingly fun once I was able to shake my nerves. Everyone was very nice and understanding.

Interview Questions
    • Pretty expected, actually. Partner and I didn't really even talk about myself, just about current events and life, so I guess be prepared for that possibility and stay up on the news a couple days in advance at least!   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at PwC in November 2010.

You meet with the campus recruiter on a one on one interview. Basic interview questions relating to teamwork and leadership. Superday is the same one on one interview with a manager, hr, and partner. Interview questions very easy but you have to stand out from the crowd of applicants to get a job. Best way to get hired is through a referral or through an internship.

Interview Questions
    • What is your greatest strength and weakness?   Answer Question
    • Tell me a time when you had to take leadership. How did you overcome your obstacle?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Hartford, CT
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hartford, CT

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at PwC in August 2010.

I came onboard as an experienced hire, therefore my experience was a bit different than the standard hiring process. I was referred by a friend and had lunch with the HR Manager, a Partner, and my friend prior to going through the formal interview process. After that meeting I decided to pursue a position with the firm and was assigned a recuitment specialist to take me through the entire process. I was scheduled to meet a Manager and another Partner approximately one week after my first communication with the recruiter. Each interview lasted approximately 30 minutes and the standard questions were asked. I was contacted again by the recruiter a few days later (maybe 2 days), and was extended an offer. The offer was quite competitive and included a signing bonus.

Interview Questions
    • If you have any experience with interviewing I would say that there was nothing that really struck me as being "out of the box" with my interview. All the standard questions were asked (e.g. where do you see your carrer in five years, etc.) and I think that the because the position (Assurance) requires you to interact in a client facing role, the general expectation is that you are prepared for these types of questions and able to conduct yourself with the utmost level of profesionalism during the interview.   Answer Question
    No real negotiation to be had here. Salary guidelines for the Big Four Accounting firms are pretty rigid because they want to keep everyone within a set range based upon experience and staff level. The base salary was equivalent to what I had been earning with my previous firm and the signing bonus plus the benefits package put it over the top.

Worked for PwC? Contribute to the Community!