PwC

Average Difficulty
24 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Boston, MA

I applied through other source and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at PwC in November 2013.

Interview Details – I applied for assurance associate position in Los Angeles at a job fair for English and Japanese bilinguals so the position was for Japanese practice.
I walked into their booth with my resume. First they put me through "English screening" which is just and an casual conversation with one of their staff. The next one was a real interview with an manager. He asked me to explain him my past job experiences and why I want to do audit. It took about 10 to 15 minutes. The second interview was on the next day with a partner. He basically asked same basic questions but he asked what industry I would be interested in to audit. Also he asked why PwC, not other Big 4. The interview was about 20 mins and I was invited to dinner with all the staff, managers and partners that night. I was not asked any interview-like questions at dinner but I got to ask many questions about the firm.
About 2 weeks later, I had phone interviews with one manager and two partners on the same day. Each interview was for 30 mins. (You usually visit their office for this interviews but I was out of country and could not be there.) There was no difficult or surprise questions here as well but I could have nice conversations that especially I had someone we know in common with two of them.
I got an offer on the next day of the phone interviews.

Interview Question – There was no surprise questions and all they asked is basic things such as my past job experience, why audit, why PwC, etc.   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Boston, MA

I applied through other source and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at PwC in November 2012.

Interview Details – Good process, behavioral interviews were standard

Interview Question – None. Everything was extremely run-of-the-mill.   Answer Question

Philadelphia, PA

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at PwC in September 2012.

Interview Details – On campus interview followed by office visit/interview.

Interview Question – What was the greatest challenge you had to over come in college?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation attempted.

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Pittsburgh, PA

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at PwC in October 2013.

Interview Details – Applied on school website. They had a pre-interview event and told everyone they were already lucky to even make it to the interview stage. Interview was questions about my resume. it was really laid back. It was the best interview I ever had.

Interview Question – Why PwC do you want to work for PwC over the other accounting firms   Answer Question

Cincinnati, OH

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at PwC in February 2009.

Interview Details – I sought out the company by speaking to a recruiter and setting up an office visit while in school. I later interviewed on campus for a 3 day summer leadership program, which I was selected for. After a successful completion of the program, I was given an offer for an internship. After a successful internship, I was given a full-time job offer. The initial interview involved meeting with someone on campus, and they recommended me to the office I wanted to work for. If I were interviewing for the internship or full-time, I would have then had a 2nd interview at the office where I wanted to work.

Interview Question – Tell me about an experience where you were faced with adversity, and how did you handle it.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They don't negotiate on price or very much at all actually. They do a lot of research as far as the market value and pay a similar salary as the other Big 4. May be able to negotiate other things such as start date and moving expenses if necesary.

Los Angeles, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at PwC in November 2011.

Interview Details – First round interview for campus hires is done at the educational institution, second round in the office. The second round interview consists of 3 back to back interviews.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time when you worked in a team and things did not go as planned, how did you handle the situation?   Answer Question

Hartford, CT

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at PwC in August 2010.

Interview Details – I came onboard as an experienced hire, therefore my experience was a bit different than the standard hiring process. I was referred by a friend and had lunch with the HR Manager, a Partner, and my friend prior to going through the formal interview process. After that meeting I decided to pursue a position with the firm and was assigned a recuitment specialist to take me through the entire process. I was scheduled to meet a Manager and another Partner approximately one week after my first communication with the recruiter. Each interview lasted approximately 30 minutes and the standard questions were asked. I was contacted again by the recruiter a few days later (maybe 2 days), and was extended an offer. The offer was quite competitive and included a signing bonus.

Interview Question – If you have any experience with interviewing I would say that there was nothing that really struck me as being "out of the box" with my interview. All the standard questions were asked (e.g. where do you see your carrer in five years, etc.) and I think that the because the position (Assurance) requires you to interact in a client facing role, the general expectation is that you are prepared for these types of questions and able to conduct yourself with the utmost level of profesionalism during the interview.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No real negotiation to be had here. Salary guidelines for the Big Four Accounting firms are pretty rigid because they want to keep everyone within a set range based upon experience and staff level. The base salary was equivalent to what I had been earning with my previous firm and the signing bonus plus the benefits package put it over the top.

Los Angeles, CA

I applied through college or university - interviewed at PwC in October 2012.

Interview Details – Submitted my resume for an on campus interview.

Interview Question – The interview was pretty casual. We mostly went over my resume and i was able to ask some questions at the end.   Answer Question

New York, NY

I applied through college or university and the process took 5+ weeks - interviewed at PwC in April 2011.

Interview Details – First had a phone interview (scheduled for 30 minutes but went over to 45min) where she asked the typical phone interview questions (google it, basically revolves around your resume) then got invited to the "SuperDay" in NYC.

It involved a "Q&A" with partners and managers (round table style with all other candidates, pretty relaxed), three 30min interviews (one on one, manager, partner, HR, in that order), and a lunch (which turned out to just be with our associate hosts and one manager). Surprisingly fun once I was able to shake my nerves. Everyone was very nice and understanding.

Interview Question – Pretty expected, actually. Partner and I didn't really even talk about myself, just about current events and life, so I guess be prepared for that possibility and stay up on the news a couple days in advance at least!   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

New York, NY

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at PwC in November 2010.

Interview Details – You meet with the campus recruiter on a one on one interview. Basic interview questions relating to teamwork and leadership. Superday is the same one on one interview with a manager, hr, and partner. Interview questions very easy but you have to stand out from the crowd of applicants to get a job. Best way to get hired is through a referral or through an internship.

Interview Questions

Worked for PwC? Contribute to the Community!