PwC Assurance Associate Interview Questions

Updated Jul 22, 2015

2.6

Assurance Associate Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at PwC.

Interview

1) On phone interview, 2) two weeks later = reception night before "Superday", 3) Superday = presentation, 3 interviews (at least one senior associate, and at least one partner)

Interview Questions

• Based on "PwC Professional". Phone interview = leadership questions, In person interviews = 4 other parts of "PwC Professional". Why Assurance? Why PwC? Example of work that shows understanding of Assurance. Teamwork examples. How you deal with conflict. Example of when you were given criticism and how you used it to improve. Example of dealing with complex problems.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for PwC

Assurance Associate Interview

Interview

My school has a very good relationship with Big 4. I started to connect with the firm on a campus career fair. I was then invited to two rounds of onsite interviews. Also, before the second round, I was invited to a small group dinner lead by a firm partner.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at PwC (Boston, MA) in October 2014.

Interview

Interviewed on campus with a partner. Then for the second round, I interviewed at the office with 3 senior managers. They were basically all behavioral questions. The partner interview was the most difficult. The office interviews were definitely more relaxed. Be sure to emphasize your ability to work on a team, and your willingness to work hard & long hours. Some questions are straight from your resume. Make sure you know it and make sure you can give examples in all of the answers you give them so that you can demonstrate that you have that skill/knowledge of whatever they ask you. Example of question: When did you have a difficult time getting your idea across when you worked on a team and how did you do it?

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had to deal with a difficult person.   Answer Question

Assurance Associate Interview

Interview

I was hired on campus. Started going to on campus networking events Sophomore year and eventually interviewed for full-time senior year. Interview was all behavioral and mostly just a conversation.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at PwC (Dallas, TX) in May 2014.

Interview

I went for an office visit and chatted with two partners, then went to lunch with a couple associates, then was offered a position when I came back from lunch.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was no negotiation on the salary

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at PwC (Boston, MA) in November 2013.

Interview

I applied for assurance associate position in Los Angeles at a job fair for English and Japanese bilinguals so the position was for Japanese practice. I walked into their booth with my resume. First they put me through "English screening" which is just and an casual conversation with one of their staff. The next one was a real interview with an manager. He asked me to explain him my past job experiences and why I want to do audit. It took about 10 to 15 minutes. The second interview was on the next day with a partner. He basically asked same basic questions but he asked what industry I would be interested in to audit. Also he asked why PwC, not other Big 4. The interview was about 20 mins and I was invited to dinner with all the staff, managers and partners that night. I was not asked any interview-like questions at dinner but I got to ask many questions about the firm. About 2 weeks later, I had phone interviews with one manager and two partners on the same day. Each interview was for 30 mins. (You usually visit their office for this interviews but I was out of country and could not be there.) There was no difficult or surprise questions here as well but I could have nice conversations that especially I had someone we know in common with two of them. I got an offer on the next day of the phone interviews.

Interview Questions

• There was no surprise questions and all they asked is basic things such as my past job experience, why audit, why PwC, etc.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at PwC (Pittsburgh, PA) in October 2013.

Interview

Applied on school website. They had a pre-interview event and told everyone they were already lucky to even make it to the interview stage. Interview was questions about my resume. it was really laid back. It was the best interview I ever had.

Interview Questions

• Why PwC do you want to work for PwC over the other accounting firms   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at PwC (Seattle, WA) in March 2013.

Interview

College Recruiting. PwC has a dedicated recruiting team that comes to all the schools in the area and sets up interviews. We then interviewed with managers or senior managers and then would get invited to the office for a partner interview. They would fly us to the office we are recuriting at or the closest office.

Interview Questions

• Why do you like accounting.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at PwC (Boston, MA) in November 2012.

Interview

Good process, behavioral interviews were standard

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at PwC (Los Angeles, CA) in October 2012.

Interview

Submitted my resume for an on campus interview.

Interview Questions

• The interview was pretty casual. We mostly went over my resume and i was able to ask some questions at the end.   Answer Question