PwC

2.6

26 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hartford, CT
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hartford, CT

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at PwC in August 2010.

I came onboard as an experienced hire, therefore my experience was a bit different than the standard hiring process. I was referred by a friend and had lunch with the HR Manager, a Partner, and my friend prior to going through the formal interview process. After that meeting I decided to pursue a position with the firm and was assigned a recuitment specialist to take me through the entire process. I was scheduled to meet a Manager and another Partner approximately one week after my first communication with the recruiter. Each interview lasted approximately 30 minutes and the standard questions were asked. I was contacted again by the recruiter a few days later (maybe 2 days), and was extended an offer. The offer was quite competitive and included a signing bonus.

Interview Questions
  • If you have any experience with interviewing I would say that there was nothing that really struck me as being "out of the box" with my interview. All the standard questions were asked (e.g. where do you see your carrer in five years, etc.) and I think that the because the position (Assurance) requires you to interact in a client facing role, the general expectation is that you are prepared for these types of questions and able to conduct yourself with the utmost level of profesionalism during the interview.   Answer Question
No real negotiation to be had here. Salary guidelines for the Big Four Accounting firms are pretty rigid because they want to keep everyone within a set range based upon experience and staff level. The base salary was equivalent to what I had been earning with my previous firm and the signing bonus plus the benefits package put it over the top.

Other Interview Reviews for PwC

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at PwC in May 2010.

I set up the interview through a partner at PWC, and from there I had a phone interview that lasted for about a half hour. The phone interview was informal and was geared toward weeding people out. After that, PWC flew me to New York from St. Louis to conduct three face to face interviews. The day started off with a group presentation followed by a panel discussion and then I was interviewed in a one on one format three separate times.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at PwC in February 2010.

I applied for the position through my university's job board over winter break and got a call from the Chicago campus recruiter who scheduled my first-round (on-campus) interview with a San Fransisco Partner who would be coming down to my university to recruit for both the San Jose and San Fransisco offices. The on-campus interview was very comfortable; the Partner was very down-to-earth, and our conversation was not only job/career-related but was also about other things. It was very casual, and I really felt the PwC company culture through this interview.

Then I got a call from the San Jose recruiter, telling me that I had been invited for an office visit in San Jose, which was very cool! PwC paid for a hotel room for me at the Fairmont Luxury Hotel, which is one of the most expensive hotels in San Jose, as well as paid for the plane tickets to and from San Jose. The office visit started with a pre-interview dinner with some of the Associates/Senior Associates/Managers. There were about 15 interviewers and many PwC staff, and we were all divided into groups of 6 for the dinner. Each group consisted of 3 PwC staff and 3 interview candidates. Because it was such a small group, the dinner was more personal than most of the pre-interview dinners I had been to and they PwC staff made sure that we had our questions answered before the interviews.

The interviews on the next day took almost all day; It started with an introduction to the company, intro of ourselves, Associate/Senior Associate group panel (basically Q&A sessions), two 30-minute interviews (one with a Partner and one with a Manager), HR presentation, and lunch. The lunch was in the same format as the Pre-Interview dinner.

Everyone I met at the office visit and the Partner who interviewed me on campus were all very nice. They really cared about each candidate as a person, not just a number. One piece of advice for anyone interviewing for PwC, at least for the San Jose office: They really value your grades and accounting-related experience. Once I found out that I did not get the offer, I asked for feedback on my performance at the office visit, and the San Jose HR person was very kind as to call me the next day with very useful feedbacks, like positive and negative comments that the interviewers had written down on their evaluation form for me. And although the interviewers thought that I was "a hard-worker, a great person to talk to, and a very passionate person," I did not get the offer because the person they chose had a 4.0 GPA and more accounting internships than I had.

Interview Questions
    • They just asked about the experience that I had on my resume. So my advice is just to know your resume really well.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at PwC in December 2009.

The entire process took a while but that was because of my school schedule. They were supposed to get back to me in several days but then they closed for the holidays so decision took three weeks. Originally interviewed in hometown and then flew to New York. People seemed friendly but distant to each other and nobody knew each other because the office is so large.

Interview Questions
    • Have you ever worked on a team where one member was not contributing?   Answer Question
    • What is your biggest weakness? It seems like you are really busy, what do you do to relax in your spare time?   Answer Question
    Pretty much set in stone no negotiation.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at PwC in February 2009.

I sought out the company by speaking to a recruiter and setting up an office visit while in school. I later interviewed on campus for a 3 day summer leadership program, which I was selected for. After a successful completion of the program, I was given an offer for an internship. After a successful internship, I was given a full-time job offer. The initial interview involved meeting with someone on campus, and they recommended me to the office I wanted to work for. If I were interviewing for the internship or full-time, I would have then had a 2nd interview at the office where I wanted to work.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about an experience where you were faced with adversity, and how did you handle it.   Answer Question
    They don't negotiate on price or very much at all actually. They do a lot of research as far as the market value and pay a similar salary as the other Big 4. May be able to negotiate other things such as start date and moving expenses if necesary.

Assurance Associate Interview

The process took a dayinterviewed at PwC in January 2007.

During the first interview, it is usually with a manager that wants to understand why you choose accounting and why you want to work at pwc. In the second interview, the partner would interview you asking really easy questions such as your hobbies and also why you want to work at pwc.

Interview Questions
    • When you get into a situation where the client was dissatify with your work, how would you respond?   View Answer

Online application --> Aptitude test --> Group interview --> Partner interview

Interview Questions
    Not applicable since the package is standard for new graduates.

Assurance Associate Interview

Typical interview process where you will get to interact with the partner of the company. I was offered a market rate salary at the end.

Interview Questions
    • There were no technical questions. Most of the questions were personal   Answer Question

Assurance Associate Interview

Submitted resume to the local recruiter. She arranged a first interview over the phone. Your standard behavioral questions about your ability to work in teams, leadership skills and communication skills. Second round was at the headquarters. Had a morning information session followed by a Q and A with a panel of managers. Afterwards you get paired up with your host who takes you to each of your 3 interviews which are 30 minutes each. I interviewed with a senior, manager and partner. No difficult questions, they all just tried to get to know me and we had very good conversation. After the interviews the hosts took us out to lunch and I heard back from PwC within 24 hours.

Interview Questions
    • None. They just asked me about school and work experience which is easy to talk about as long as you speak true about yourself.   Answer Question

Assurance Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at PwC.

I was interviewed by HR and then by a Partner. All the interview process took about 2.5hrs.

No negotiation, as an entry level the salary was fixed.