PwC Assurance Associate Interview Questions

Updated Jun 18, 2015

2.6

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at PwC (Los Angeles, CA) in November 2011.

Interview

First round interview for campus hires is done at the educational institution, second round in the office. The second round interview consists of 3 back to back interviews.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you worked in a team and things did not go as planned, how did you handle the situation?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for PwC

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at PwC (Los Angeles, CA) in September 2011.

Interview

Mostly Behavioral questions. The idea is to evaluate you as a potential co-worker. If you're personable, easy to get along with, and have a good attitude, you can do well at this interview.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5+ weeksinterviewed at PwC (New York, NY) in April 2011.

Interview

First had a phone interview (scheduled for 30 minutes but went over to 45min) where she asked the typical phone interview questions (google it, basically revolves around your resume) then got invited to the "SuperDay" in NYC.

It involved a "Q&A" with partners and managers (round table style with all other candidates, pretty relaxed), three 30min interviews (one on one, manager, partner, HR, in that order), and a lunch (which turned out to just be with our associate hosts and one manager). Surprisingly fun once I was able to shake my nerves. Everyone was very nice and understanding.

Interview Questions

• Pretty expected, actually. Partner and I didn't really even talk about myself, just about current events and life, so I guess be prepared for that possibility and stay up on the news a couple days in advance at least!   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at PwC (New York, NY) in November 2010.

Interview

You meet with the campus recruiter on a one on one interview. Basic interview questions relating to teamwork and leadership. Superday is the same one on one interview with a manager, hr, and partner. Interview questions very easy but you have to stand out from the crowd of applicants to get a job. Best way to get hired is through a referral or through an internship.

Interview Questions

• What is your greatest strength and weakness?   Answer Question
    • Tell me a time when you had to take leadership. How did you overcome your obstacle?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hartford, CT

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at PwC (Hartford, CT) in August 2010.

Interview

I came onboard as an experienced hire, therefore my experience was a bit different than the standard hiring process. I was referred by a friend and had lunch with the HR Manager, a Partner, and my friend prior to going through the formal interview process. After that meeting I decided to pursue a position with the firm and was assigned a recuitment specialist to take me through the entire process. I was scheduled to meet a Manager and another Partner approximately one week after my first communication with the recruiter. Each interview lasted approximately 30 minutes and the standard questions were asked. I was contacted again by the recruiter a few days later (maybe 2 days), and was extended an offer. The offer was quite competitive and included a signing bonus.

Interview Questions

• If you have any experience with interviewing I would say that there was nothing that really struck me as being "out of the box" with my interview. All the standard questions were asked (e.g. where do you see your carrer in five years, etc.) and I think that the because the position (Assurance) requires you to interact in a client facing role, the general expectation is that you are prepared for these types of questions and able to conduct yourself with the utmost level of profesionalism during the interview.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No real negotiation to be had here. Salary guidelines for the Big Four Accounting firms are pretty rigid because they want to keep everyone within a set range based upon experience and staff level. The base salary was equivalent to what I had been earning with my previous firm and the signing bonus plus the benefits package put it over the top.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at PwC (New York, NY) in May 2010.

Interview

I set up the interview through a partner at PWC, and from there I had a phone interview that lasted for about a half hour. The phone interview was informal and was geared toward weeding people out. After that, PWC flew me to New York from St. Louis to conduct three face to face interviews. The day started off with a group presentation followed by a panel discussion and then I was interviewed in a one on one format three separate times.

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at PwC (San Jose, CA) in February 2010.

Interview

I applied for the position through my university's job board over winter break and got a call from the Chicago campus recruiter who scheduled my first-round (on-campus) interview with a San Fransisco Partner who would be coming down to my university to recruit for both the San Jose and San Fransisco offices. The on-campus interview was very comfortable; the Partner was very down-to-earth, and our conversation was not only job/career-related but was also about other things. It was very casual, and I really felt the PwC company culture through this interview.

Then I got a call from the San Jose recruiter, telling me that I had been invited for an office visit in San Jose, which was very cool! PwC paid for a hotel room for me at the Fairmont Luxury Hotel, which is one of the most expensive hotels in San Jose, as well as paid for the plane tickets to and from San Jose. The office visit started with a pre-interview dinner with some of the Associates/Senior Associates/Managers. There were about 15 interviewers and many PwC staff, and we were all divided into groups of 6 for the dinner. Each group consisted of 3 PwC staff and 3 interview candidates. Because it was such a small group, the dinner was more personal than most of the pre-interview dinners I had been to and they PwC staff made sure that we had our questions answered before the interviews.

The interviews on the next day took almost all day; It started with an introduction to the company, intro of ourselves, Associate/Senior Associate group panel (basically Q&A sessions), two 30-minute interviews (one with a Partner and one with a Manager), HR presentation, and lunch. The lunch was in the same format as the Pre-Interview dinner.

Everyone I met at the office visit and the Partner who interviewed me on campus were all very nice. They really cared about each candidate as a person, not just a number. One piece of advice for anyone interviewing for PwC, at least for the San Jose office: They really value your grades and accounting-related experience. Once I found out that I did not get the offer, I asked for feedback on my performance at the office visit, and the San Jose HR person was very kind as to call me the next day with very useful feedbacks, like positive and negative comments that the interviewers had written down on their evaluation form for me. And although the interviewers thought that I was "a hard-worker, a great person to talk to, and a very passionate person," I did not get the offer because the person they chose had a 4.0 GPA and more accounting internships than I had.

Interview Questions

• They just asked about the experience that I had on my resume. So my advice is just to know your resume really well.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at PwC (New York, NY) in December 2009.

Interview

The entire process took a while but that was because of my school schedule. They were supposed to get back to me in several days but then they closed for the holidays so decision took three weeks. Originally interviewed in hometown and then flew to New York. People seemed friendly but distant to each other and nobody knew each other because the office is so large.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever worked on a team where one member was not contributing?   Answer Question
    • What is your biggest weakness? It seems like you are really busy, what do you do to relax in your spare time?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Pretty much set in stone no negotiation.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at PwC (Cincinnati, OH) in February 2009.

Interview

I sought out the company by speaking to a recruiter and setting up an office visit while in school. I later interviewed on campus for a 3 day summer leadership program, which I was selected for. After a successful completion of the program, I was given an offer for an internship. After a successful internship, I was given a full-time job offer. The initial interview involved meeting with someone on campus, and they recommended me to the office I wanted to work for. If I were interviewing for the internship or full-time, I would have then had a 2nd interview at the office where I wanted to work.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about an experience where you were faced with adversity, and how did you handle it.   Answer Question

Negotiation

They don't negotiate on price or very much at all actually. They do a lot of research as far as the market value and pay a similar salary as the other Big 4. May be able to negotiate other things such as start date and moving expenses if necesary.

Assurance Associate Interview

Application

The process took 1 dayinterviewed at PwC in January 2007.

Interview

During the first interview, it is usually with a manager that wants to understand why you choose accounting and why you want to work at pwc. In the second interview, the partner would interview you asking really easy questions such as your hobbies and also why you want to work at pwc.

Interview Questions

• When you get into a situation where the client was dissatify with your work, how would you respond?   1 Answer