PwC

Getting the Interview

15 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Interviewed at PwC

Interview Details – I phone interviewed with the partner and it was mostly discussing my resume and behavioral traits. I was invited to an office visit where I interviewed with other people throughout the company. Most of the interview were conversational however one interviewer asked me more technical questions to test my knowledge.

Interview Question – Explaining different excel functions   Answer Question

Assurance Intern Interview

I applied through college or university and the process took 1 week - interviewed at PwC.

Interview Details – Applied through campus website.
First round interview was on campus and was very basic. The interview was with a partner and he ask simple behavioral questions.

Interview Question – What was your least favorite class and why?   Answer Question

New York, NY

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at PwC.

Interview Details – The process included the typical questions: where do you see yourself in 5 years, tell us about a time you worked in a team, how would your teammates describe you, etc.
A pretty straight forward process and with a little preparation you should be just fine

Interview Question – The question that caught me off guard was "Explain to me what PwC does"   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

San Jose, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at PwC.

Interview Details – long interview process: meet with recruiter at school and two interviews to follow. The last interview day was from 8:30am to 2pm. Got a call from the partner the same day that I got the offer.

Interview Question – No technical questions   Answer Question

Florham Park, NJ

I applied through college or university and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at PwC in October 2013.

Interview Details – Initially applied through my school's career services website, and was invited for an on-campus interview shortly after. The interview was pretty conversational. I was only asked two questions directly, and they were both easy ones. The partner I interviewed with was most interested in hearing me talk about my resume directly rather than answering behavioral questions. About a week after my campus interview I received a call from the recruiter inviting me to Superday.

Interview Question – Only two questions, rest of interview was conversation. 1. Tell me about a time when someone in your team was not pulling their weight, and how did you deal with it.
2. Tell me about a time you were not able to meet a deadline.
  Answer Question

Interviewed at PwC

Interview Details – Pretty basic phone interview (1st round) instead of on campus. Office visit contained 3 back to back interviews with a manager, MD, and partner. No particularly tough questions, but definitely spend time preparing.

Interview Question – Do you have any experience with sales?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation

Assurance Intern Interview

I applied through college or university and interviewed at PwC.

Interview Details – first interview with a senior manager, then super day, three interviews with manager, senior manager and partner

Interview Question – How will your past experience help you do better in this position?   View Answer

Assurance Intern Interview

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at PwC.

Interview Details – Applied through college career website, met with recruiters on campus.

Interview Question – Describe a time when you were challenged as a leader.   Answer Question

New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at PwC in October 2011.

Interview Details – Met a local recruiter at a Meet the Firms event on campus and was invited to interview the next day but had a conflict. She agreed to do a phone interview with me instead. The interview was very casual and easy-going. Asked a lot about my community service work because I'm very passionate about it. It lasted about 20 minutes. She then referred me to the NYC office because that was the one I expressed interested in working at. Within 2 days I received an email from a recruiter there inviting me to an office visit during one of their recruiting Super Days. They flew me out the following week. The office visit lasted from about 8:30am-2:00pm. It included an info session about the particular market the NYC office is in as well as overall firm info for the ~30 students that had been invited. There was a panel session with several partners and managers and then three individual 30 minute one-on-on interviews--mine were with a partner, a manager, and an HR manager. They all were very friendly and nice, really put me at ease as this was my first time going through the interview process. They asked a lot of questions about why I was applying so early (I was applying for an internship position over a year in advance because I was going to be studying abroad) and why I wanted to work for PwC and specifically audit. They asked about working in teams and how I made it work when there were people not doing their fair share of work--very standard, behavioral type questions that I was expecting. Afterwards, they took us to lunch as a big group. Everyone else at the Super Day was interviewing for internships for the following summer or for full-time positions so I felt a little out of place but it turned out well for me. When I spoke to the others at the end of the day several said that they were asked more difficult questions and asked to justify their "low" GPA but I did not experience anything like that.

Even though I was interviewing so early for my position, the recruiters told me that I would hear their decision within 2 weeks. I received a call the next day notifying me that they were extending an offer.

Interview Question – Explain a time when your personal ethics were challenged and how you dealt with it.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I didn't even try to negotiate.

Miami, FL

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at PwC in September 2010.

Interview Details – I had a great interview process. PwC tried to accommodate me in every aspect with regards to the day of the interview. They put me up in a hotel the night before of the interview (I was located about an hour and a half north of interview location). I was given the opportunity to ask plenty of questions and I believe I got honest responds. The company also took me out to lunch with some of the first to third year employees so I can ask them specifically how they like their work environment.

Interview Question – A couple of my interviews were solely based on questions I had.   View Answer

Interviews for Top Jobs at PwC

Worked for PwC? Contribute to the Community!

PwC Videos

PwC – Why Work for Us?

Imagine the power of 160,000 people with a common purpose — building relationships that create value for you and your business. This is PwC. Every day, our people work with you to build the value you are looking for… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at PwC Assurance Intern interview questions and advice. All 15 interview reviews posted anonymously by PwC employees and interview candidates.