PwC

Updated May 27, 2014

Average Difficulty
19 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions

Interviewed at PwC

Interview Details – Typical campus interview. Socials preceded the interview. Interview was with a senior manager in the office I was interviewing for. Interview lasted thirty minutes and consisted of get to know you questions. Also, there were the typical resume questions.

Interview Question – No behavorial questions.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Took another offer

Interviewed at PwC

Interview Details – Pretty basic phone interview (1st round) instead of on campus. Office visit contained 3 back to back interviews with a manager, MD, and partner. No particularly tough questions, but definitely spend time preparing.

Interview Question – Do you have any experience with sales?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation

Assurance Intern

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at PwC.

Interview Details – Applied through college career website, met with recruiters on campus.

Interview Question – Describe a time when you were challenged as a leader.   Answer Question

New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at PwC in October 2011.

Interview Details – Met a local recruiter at a Meet the Firms event on campus and was invited to interview the next day but had a conflict. She agreed to do a phone interview with me instead. The interview was very casual and easy-going. Asked a lot about my community service work because I'm very passionate about it. It lasted about 20 minutes. She then referred me to the NYC office because that was the one I expressed interested in working at. Within 2 days I received an email from a recruiter there inviting me to an office visit during one of their recruiting Super Days. They flew me out the following week. The office visit lasted from about 8:30am-2:00pm. It included an info session about the particular market the NYC office is in as well as overall firm info for the ~30 students that had been invited. There was a panel session with several partners and managers and then three individual 30 minute one-on-on interviews--mine were with a partner, a manager, and an HR manager. They all were very friendly and nice, really put me at ease as this was my first time going through the interview process. They asked a lot of questions about why I was applying so early (I was applying for an internship position over a year in advance because I was going to be studying abroad) and why I wanted to work for PwC and specifically audit. They asked about working in teams and how I made it work when there were people not doing their fair share of work--very standard, behavioral type questions that I was expecting. Afterwards, they took us to lunch as a big group. Everyone else at the Super Day was interviewing for internships for the following summer or for full-time positions so I felt a little out of place but it turned out well for me. When I spoke to the others at the end of the day several said that they were asked more difficult questions and asked to justify their "low" GPA but I did not experience anything like that.

Even though I was interviewing so early for my position, the recruiters told me that I would hear their decision within 2 weeks. I received a call the next day notifying me that they were extending an offer.

Interview Question – Explain a time when your personal ethics were challenged and how you dealt with it.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I didn't even try to negotiate.

Moscow (Russia)

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at PwC in December 2011.

Interview Details – One day hiring process. 2 tests and 2 interviews - with HR and Manager. Interview with HR - soft skills and English level examining, Manager - Accounting knowledge and analytical skills examining.

Interview Question – When did you decicded to pursue Audit job (no difficult questions actually).   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation since It was Intern position.

Assurance Intern

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at PwC in September 2011.

Interview Details – Started with an interview with the recruiter, then a super day in the office.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – No

Miami, FL

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at PwC in September 2010.

Interview Details – I had a great interview process. PwC tried to accommodate me in every aspect with regards to the day of the interview. They put me up in a hotel the night before of the interview (I was located about an hour and a half north of interview location). I was given the opportunity to ask plenty of questions and I believe I got honest responds. The company also took me out to lunch with some of the first to third year employees so I can ask them specifically how they like their work environment.

Interview Question – A couple of my interviews were solely based on questions I had.   View Answer

Assurance Intern
Dubai (United Arab Emirates)

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at PwC in March 2013.

Interview Details – Applied online. Then psychometric tests. Got an interview. No call back

Interview Question – What was the biggest disappointment in your life   Answer Question

Assurance Intern

I applied through college or university and the process took 1 week - interviewed at PwC.

Interview Details – Applied through campus website.
First round interview was on campus and was very basic. The interview was with a partner and he ask simple behavioral questions.

Interview Question – What was your least favorite class and why?   Answer Question

Assurance Intern

I applied through college or university and interviewed at PwC.

Interview Details – first interview with a senior manager, then super day, three interviews with manager, senior manager and partner

Interview Question – How will your past experience help you do better in this position?   View Answer

Worked for PwC? Contribute to the Community!