PwC Assurance Intern Interview Questions

Updated May 27, 2014

3.2

19 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Assurance Intern Interview

Typical campus interview. Socials preceded the interview. Interview was with a senior manager in the office I was interviewing for. Interview lasted thirty minutes and consisted of get to know you questions. Also, there were the typical resume questions.

Took another offer

Other Interview Reviews for PwC

Assurance Intern Interview

Pretty basic phone interview (1st round) instead of on campus. Office visit contained 3 back to back interviews with a manager, MD, and partner. No particularly tough questions, but definitely spend time preparing.

No negotiation

Assurance Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at PwC.

Applied through college career website, met with recruiters on campus.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at PwC in October 2011.

Met a local recruiter at a Meet the Firms event on campus and was invited to interview the next day but had a conflict. She agreed to do a phone interview with me instead. The interview was very casual and easy-going. Asked a lot about my community service work because I'm very passionate about it. It lasted about 20 minutes. She then referred me to the NYC office because that was the one I expressed interested in working at. Within 2 days I received an email from a recruiter there inviting me to an office visit during one of their recruiting Super Days. They flew me out the following week. The office visit lasted from about 8:30am-2:00pm. It included an info session about the particular market the NYC office is in as well as overall firm info for the ~30 students that had been invited. There was a panel session with several partners and managers and then three individual 30 minute one-on-on interviews--mine were with a partner, a manager, and an HR manager. They all were very friendly and nice, really put me at ease as this was my first time going through the interview process. They asked a lot of questions about why I was applying so early (I was applying for an internship position over a year in advance because I was going to be studying abroad) and why I wanted to work for PwC and specifically audit. They asked about working in teams and how I made it work when there were people not doing their fair share of work--very standard, behavioral type questions that I was expecting. Afterwards, they took us to lunch as a big group. Everyone else at the Super Day was interviewing for internships for the following summer or for full-time positions so I felt a little out of place but it turned out well for me. When I spoke to the others at the end of the day several said that they were asked more difficult questions and asked to justify their "low" GPA but I did not experience anything like that.

Even though I was interviewing so early for my position, the recruiters told me that I would hear their decision within 2 weeks. I received a call the next day notifying me that they were extending an offer.

Interview Questions
    • Explain a time when your personal ethics were challenged and how you dealt with it.   View Answer
    I didn't even try to negotiate.

Assurance Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Moscow (Russia)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Moscow (Russia)

I applied online. The process took 2 days - interviewed at PwC in December 2011.

One day hiring process. 2 tests and 2 interviews - with HR and Manager. Interview with HR - soft skills and English level examining, Manager - Accounting knowledge and analytical skills examining.

Interview Questions
    • When did you decicded to pursue Audit job (no difficult questions actually).   View Answer
    No negotiation since It was Intern position.

Assurance Intern Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at PwC in September 2011.

Started with an interview with the recruiter, then a super day in the office.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you engaged a client.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time when you had a conflict with a team member.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Miami, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a day - interviewed at PwC in September 2010.

I had a great interview process. PwC tried to accommodate me in every aspect with regards to the day of the interview. They put me up in a hotel the night before of the interview (I was located about an hour and a half north of interview location). I was given the opportunity to ask plenty of questions and I believe I got honest responds. The company also took me out to lunch with some of the first to third year employees so I can ask them specifically how they like their work environment.

Interview Questions
    • A couple of my interviews were solely based on questions I had.   View Answer

Assurance Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Dubai (United Arab Emirates)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dubai (United Arab Emirates)

I applied online. The process took 3 months - interviewed at PwC in March 2013.

Applied online. Then psychometric tests. Got an interview. No call back

Assurance Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 week - interviewed at PwC.

Applied through campus website.
    First round interview was on campus and was very basic. The interview was with a partner and he ask simple behavioral questions.

Assurance Intern Interview

I applied through college or university - interviewed at PwC.

first interview with a senior manager, then super day, three interviews with manager, senior manager and partner

Interview Questions
    • How will your past experience help you do better in this position?   View Answer

Worked for PwC? Contribute to the Community!