PwC

PwC Assurance Interview Questions

Updated Feb 25, 2015
Updated Feb 25, 2015

Assurance Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at PwC.

First they asked you to walk through your resume. Just the basic stuffs, things that you have done, your achievements, etc. Next, they asked you specific questions relating to the PWC assessment framework. It is more of a situational-based type of question. Lastly, they will set aside some time for you to ask questions about the company or your interviewer.

Interview Questions
  • How do you balance your time between school works and extracurricular activities?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for PwC

Assurance Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at PwC.

Phone interview--> on-site interview. It's a very comfortable interview and people are very nice. They want to learn more about you by asking the questions. Also, they have the list of questions and pick 4-5 questions per interview.It takes 30 min/interview and you will feel time flies, especially after 4-5 questions and only 5 mins left for asking my questions.

Interview Questions
    • How do you manage your time if the deadline earlier than your expected?
      What's your favorite subject?
      How do you do a research?

Assurance Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at PwC.

Contacted by recruiter for a phone interview. Then invited for the office visit. Interviews are consist 80% behavior question 10% resume and 10% chit chat. They really want to know how you react by answering behavior question that put you in different situation. No difficult questions if you have prepare your story. In my opinions the communication in the process is lacking, their staff also skipped the office tour in the interview day (which is pretty lame since they are suppose to be responsible for that). Response was quick as receive a very general rejection letter few days after my interview, tried to follow up with my recruiter for the feedback, but like I said, communication is lacking in my opinion.

Interview Questions
    • Before we start, tell me something you want me to know that is not on your resume.
      Tell me a time where you have to change your ways to communicate with the others.
      Tell me a time u receive developmental feedback.
      Tell me a time where your team had conflict due to different cultures and and background.
      Tell me a time where you're working under pressure but still ensure to deliver quality work.

Assurance Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at PwC.

Everything about the process was very laid back and inviting. The recruiter (who was extremely friendly and kind) email me and texted me a few times and arranged everything. Then, on the actual interview date I was greeted by an associate, taken around to three different people to be interviewed (a senior associate, manager and partner) and then they took me to lunch.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing was difficult or unexpected. They didn't ask me any technical questions, only questions about my involvement at university and questions about myself. There were a few behavioral based questions, but if you practice for your interview. it shouldn't be too difficult.   Answer Question

Assurance Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at PwC.

Nice hr and good team I got. After you pass the first round test, you will have two rounds interview happen in the same day which took about 3-4 hours to finish, The first round is group interview, which you got teamed up with other candidates and competed with another team. The second round interview is one on one with the manager.

Assurance Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at PwC.

PwC hired on campus, and the first round took place after resume screening. I had my first round with a manager. Nothing unexpected. The second round took place in the office, where I had two more interviews similar to campus round.

No negotiation. Offer is pretty standard.

Assurance Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at PwC.

Campus recruitment process. Big 4 pre-interview socials the night before were standard. 1st on-campus interview with a partner who was very relaxed and friendly with a few behavioral questions. 2nd round office interviews similar but you are able to meet the lower level staff and are interviewed by managers as well as another partner.

2nd round interview was an all morning ordeal and they will take you out to a very nice lunch and decide if you get the offer while you are gone with the lower lvl staff.

Interview Questions
    • I can't think of a particular question that stands out as the most difficult because all of the big 4 are pretty laid back and seem like they simply want to get to know you.   Answer Question
    No negotiation, it seems like out of college all of the big four compete and settle around a set lvl for all of their new hires.

Assurance Interview

The first round interview was very calm and relaxed, just turned out to be a conversation. The super day was an all day event that contained interviews with employees of varying importance from new associate to partner. I ended up being called just a few hours after the super day was over with an offer for the position.

Interview Questions
    • What is something you have read in the WSJ that interested you lately?   View Answer
    There was none.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university – interviewed at PwC.

First round interview on campus. Second round interview at location in NYC.
    At office visit in NYC there were 3 Interviews:
    First interview was with someone in HR- mostly behavioral questions.
    Second interview was with a Senior Associate- asked more technical accounting questions.
    Third interview was with a partner- very friendly and was asked general questions about the accounting industry and why I wanted to work for PwC in particular.

Interview Questions
    • Why PwC?
      What do you know about the accounting industry?
      Tell me about a time when you had to get your work reviewed.
      Tell me about a time you had to defend an unpopular opinion.

none

Assurance Interview

First had a campus interview. That was pretty easy, asked a few behavioral questions but was mainly conversational. Was invited to an office interview. Had three interviews: one HR rep, one manager, and one partner. Honestly the interviews really depended on who you met with, all three of mine were completely different in terms of questions and formality, but nonetheless they were pretty easy. Just go in with interesting things to talk about and ask really good questions

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you stood up for something you believe in   Answer Question