PwC

2.9

41 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university – interviewed at PwC.

First round interview on campus. Second round interview at location in NYC.
At office visit in NYC there were 3 Interviews:
First interview was with someone in HR- mostly behavioral questions.
Second interview was with a Senior Associate- asked more technical accounting questions.
Third interview was with a partner- very friendly and was asked general questions about the accounting industry and why I wanted to work for PwC in particular.

Interview Questions
  • Why PwC?
    What do you know about the accounting industry?
    Tell me about a time when you had to get your work reviewed.
    Tell me about a time you had to defend an unpopular opinion.

Answer Question
none

Other Interview Reviews for PwC

Assurance Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at PwC.

The first round interview was very calm and relaxed, just turned out to be a conversation. The super day was an all day event that contained interviews with employees of varying importance from new associate to partner. I ended up being called just a few hours after the super day was over with an offer for the position.

Interview Questions
    • What is something you have read in the WSJ that interested you lately?   View Answer
    There was none.

Assurance Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at PwC.

First had a campus interview. That was pretty easy, asked a few behavioral questions but was mainly conversational. Was invited to an office interview. Had three interviews: one HR rep, one manager, and one partner. Honestly the interviews really depended on who you met with, all three of mine were completely different in terms of questions and formality, but nonetheless they were pretty easy. Just go in with interesting things to talk about and ask really good questions

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you stood up for something you believe in   Answer Question

Assurance Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at PwC.

The interview process was great. They have a new process where each of your interviews will test a certain part of the "PwC professional". They put on a fantastic reception after the Superday.

Assurance Interview

Campus recruiting at first, during the recruiting process, the online application is necessary. After that, selected candidates would be in the first round interview. Then, in the second round interview, free flight and hotel provided for interviewees to go to the real office.

Interview Questions
    • All the questions are behavioral, my interviewer is a serious person with little smile in his face.   Answer Question

Assurance Interview

The process was well organized. Not to difficult to get an offer coming from a good state university. GPA is key to getting interview. Behavioral questions are common during interview. Attended a 2 day leadership event which was helpful in getting an offer. Did not apply to any other accounting firms.

Assurance Interview

First interview was an on-campus interview. There was a pre-night event at Buffalo Wild Wings where all of the interview candidates were able to mingle with various PwC professionals. The campus interview was with an assurance manager and they called me the next day to tell me I made it to the office interviews. There was another pre-night event that included all the interview candidates from the local colleges and many more PwC professionals. This was great because I had an opportunity to get to know many of the professionals and determine if I was a fit within their firm culture. The office visit consisted of three 30 minute interviews with one partner and two managers. There was also a discussion panel with about four other candidates where you could ask recent interns and new associates any questions you would like. After that, we all went out to lunch to finish the visit.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you used your network to achieve a goal.   Answer Question

Assurance Interview

2 rounds of interviews: one on campus, and second round is in office.

1st round: 1 interview, mostly behavioral questions
    2nd round: 2 interviews, second one with partner, all behavioral interviews

Interview Questions
    • Pretty standard. Why accounting? 3 strengths and weaknesses.   Answer Question

Assurance Interview

I had two rounds of interviews with PwC. The first-round was conducted on campus and was strictly conversational and going over my resume. My second-round was the office visit. We had a presentation about the firm then had three 30 minute interviews. The interviews were pretty much strictly behavioral - each of my interviewers read "tell me about a time when..." questions off of a piece of paper based on the PwC professional framework. Make sure you have lots (I'd say at least 8) of examples and experiences that you can use to fit the behavioral questions, as some of the questions got repetitive. The questions themselves were not difficult - it's just a matter of having experiences that you can relate back to them.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you were faced with learning new technology or software   Answer Question

Assurance Interview

Applied the job on school link and got the first interview on campus. A senior manager interviewed me and it was an easy conversational one. Still waiting for the notification.

Interview Questions
    • It were all behaviorial and kind of link to your past experience. Be sure to use your most attractive activities and solution for a team conflict.   Answer Question