PwC Assurance Interview Questions

Updated Sep 6, 2014

3.2

14 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Assurance Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at PwC in March 2013.

There were 3 interviews before I was offered the position. The first one was more of just a conversation with a 2nd year assurance staff employee. The 2nd interview was with the recruiter where I was asked more about my involvement and past experience. The 3rd interview was with a partner and it felt more like a conversation to make sure that he liked me more than to interview more.

Interview Questions
  • Nothing too difficult or unexpected. Be sure you have good stories behind all of your points on your resume and you'll be fine.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for PwC

Assurance Interview

I applied through college or university - interviewed at PwC.

I applied through our business career center and went through a first round on-campus interview.

Interview Questions
    • Just typical behavior questions, demonstrate leadership skills, integrity   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  San Jose, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at PwC.

1. recruiter phone screening interview
    2. office interview with a manager
    3. partner interview with a partner and a manager, lunch with two assocaites

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 months - interviewed at PwC.

First round interview on campus. Superday at the office. Process was about 3 months.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at PwC in October 2011.

Started with first round on-campus and was invited for a second round in NY. The second round was very laid-back and involved a quick presentation about the company, panel discussion and three interviews by managers/partners.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at PwC in March 2010.

One on campus interview, very basic questions on resume and some behavioral questions. One month later on--site. One partner and two manager 1:1 interviews. Also very basic questions on resume and a little bit technical questions. Didn't get the offer because I'm not an accounting major. The major reason should be I didn't nicely justify why they should hire me as assurance.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Philadelphia, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days - interviewed at PwC in October 2010.

On campus interview lasting 45 minutes, just a general behavioral interview, more concerned with fitting into the culture then anything technical. Week passed, received a call-back to come and interview at their offices. HR gave a 45 minute presentation to start the day on company information, benefits, etc. ; Followed by 2 behavioral interviews with managers, they had assigned you a member of the staff level to escort you around and tour the offices, lunch was also provided; All in all a very nice interview, the people are very nice and welcoming, Call came 2 weeks after the interview.

Interview Questions
    • Please explain a time that you felt you had submitted incomplete or bad work, and how you dealt with the situation   Answer Question

Assurance Interview

Telephone interview. Was invited for an interview 4 days after having done the numerical test. Multiple emails were sent with links for preparation. My interview was 20 minutes long as it is for an internship. I was interviewed by someone from HR and she was really nice and friendly. I got an email the same day telling me the outcome of my interview.

Interview Questions
    • Who would your ideal client be and why? What other services would you recommend to this client?   Answer Question

Assurance Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  London, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at PwC in February 2013.

PWC was fairly fast to arrange the telephone interview since I applied. Questions are pretty standard: competency, your qualifications and knowledge of qualifications you would be studying towards. Overall, the phone interview took about 35-40 minutes.

Interview Questions
    • I would not say any question was particularly unexpected   Answer Question

Assurance Interview

I applied online - interviewed at PwC.

First round interviews were telephone based. The main questions were compentancy based. Other questions include why PWC, why assurance, what do you know about other service lines, what company do you admire and what would you advise them, and tell us about the ACA.

It's probably best to pre-prepare questions and answers for the telephone interview well in advance.

Interview Questions
    • A time when I disagreed with a colleague and it impacted your relationship?   Answer Question

Worked for PwC? Contribute to the Community!