PwC Assurance Interview Questions

Updated Jun 30, 2015

2.9

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at PwC (Houston, TX).

Interview

All the directors were at the dinner to meet their students, they also arrange to sit near their student. It turns out the person sitting opposite to you is going to interview you the next day. They also revealed who will be interviewing who.

Two directors didn't show up including mine so I was stuck. Everyone else got to know their interviewer. I sat on one end of the table so with 1 person missing, I could only talk to 2 other people. This means I only have 30 minutes interview to make an impression on the next day. Tough interview.

So my experience is: if the person who should sit with you doesn't show up, change seat asap if you still want to get the internship. Otherwise, they will think you are shy. Not a good character in public accounting. You can talk to yourself, that will look very good. If you change seat, you will make a ruckus because of the arranged seating. They might think you are a suck up, but since it is already over, just do anything to have fun. Might as well back out of the office visit.

Interview Questions

• The director predenteded to be a difficult client, not listening, poor communications, on the verge of flipping, then see how you deal with him.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for PwC

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at PwC (Dallas, TX) in May 2015.

Interview

Brief on-campus interview with a partner, followed by an office visit. The office visit included a dinner, a night at a hotel, and then a day of interviews consisting of meeting with a partner, a senior manager, and several senior associates. Received an offer a few days later. The interviews were all very conversational and included discussions on current business and international economic topics, as well as about my own experiences and plans.

Assurance Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at PwC in May 2015.

Interview

My university worked with the firm to create a unique and easy process for interns to be hired. I only had one interview that was on campus. It was a one on one interview that was mostly conversational, and I was offered a position towards the end of the 30 minutes.

Interview Questions

• Give me a time that you had to showcase leadership skills in a team environment   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at PwC (Dallas, TX).

Interview

information session on campus, apply online, 3 essays required, one of the essays is about "describe a challenge time", campus interview, 1 to 1 interview, senior manager, questions are about your resume, your experience,

Interview Questions

• Interview questions are based on your resume, time management skill, communication skill   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at PwC (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

Two behavior internviews with campus recruiters, one manager, and a partner. The individuals who interviewed me were very easy to get along with and I actually ended up talking about our common interests. This made it seem like i was actually not being interviewed, making time go by fast.

Assurance Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at PwC.

Interview

I applied online and then was contacted by a recruiter (in a different location, my school did not have a recruiting program). For some reasons, I could not contact the recruiter after the process (invalid email address and non-working phone number) and I just never heard back from her/the company.

Interview Questions

• Can you provide me an example of a time when you receive a developmental feedback and your reaction/response?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Provo, UT

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at PwC (Provo, UT) in March 2015.

Interview

The interview process is simple, they come and interview on campus with really easy behavioral based questions, mostly to see how well you converse and hold yourself. After that they will invite you out for an office visit if they want to give you an offer, by the time they invite you out they have pretty much decided they want you and want to make sure that you won't embarrass the company to clients.

Interview Questions

• What does business acumen mean to you? What does agility mean to you? How do you improve your business acumen?   Answer Question

Assurance Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at PwC.

Interview

First they asked you to walk through your resume. Just the basic stuffs, things that you have done, your achievements, etc. Next, they asked you specific questions relating to the PWC assessment framework. It is more of a situational-based type of question. Lastly, they will set aside some time for you to ask questions about the company or your interviewer.

Interview Questions

• How do you balance your time between school works and extracurricular activities?   Answer Question

Assurance Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at PwC.

Interview

Phone interview--> on-site interview. It's a very comfortable interview and people are very nice. They want to learn more about you by asking the questions. Also, they have the list of questions and pick 4-5 questions per interview.It takes 30 min/interview and you will feel time flies, especially after 4-5 questions and only 5 mins left for asking my questions.

Interview Questions

• How do you manage your time if the deadline earlier than your expected?
      What's your favorite subject?
      How do you do a research?

Answer Question

Assurance Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at PwC.

Interview

Contacted by recruiter for a phone interview. Then invited for the office visit. Interviews are consist 80% behavior question 10% resume and 10% chit chat. They really want to know how you react by answering behavior question that put you in different situation. No difficult questions if you have prepare your story. In my opinions the communication in the process is lacking, their staff also skipped the office tour in the interview day (which is pretty lame since they are suppose to be responsible for that). Response was quick as receive a very general rejection letter few days after my interview, tried to follow up with my recruiter for the feedback, but like I said, communication is lacking in my opinion.

Interview Questions

• Before we start, tell me something you want me to know that is not on your resume.
      Tell me a time where you have to change your ways to communicate with the others.
      Tell me a time u receive developmental feedback.
      Tell me a time where your team had conflict due to different cultures and and background.
      Tell me a time where you're working under pressure but still ensure to deliver quality work.

Answer Question