PwC Assurance Winter 2012 Intern Interview Questions & Reviews

1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all interviews

Assurance Winter 2012 Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY
Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I interviewed through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at PwC in May 2011.

I received an email from PwC campus recruiter about Assurance Winter Internship and that I was selected for the telephone interview. I completed my first round of interview over the phone where the interviewer basically informed me about the internship position and what it was about. She asked me two questions as to why PwC assurance and why winter internship. After that she said that I was selected for next round of interviews in the office, a PwC Superday. Everyone that were offered telephone interview were called for an in person interview. On Superday, we had a brief presentation about the company followed by questions and answers round with a panel, usually one manager, one director and a senior. Make sure you ask them smart and relevant questions because that will make you stick out from the pool of candidates. I had about 30 interviewees on my Superday. After that I had interview with 3 people back to back. There were behavioral questions but the whole process was more conversational rather than cut and dry questions. The interviewers were very calm and patient and my interview process went very smoothly with everyone. Once again, make sure to ask smart and relevant questions. Try to ask them about economic situation, changing accounting principles and how it affects everyone. Also, make sure you tell them about your future plans and CPA examination. After the interview process everyone was taken for a full course lunch. Over lunch, try to talk to everyone on your table and network. Each interviewee will be assigned a host who will be with you all the time, except when in an interview. Dress smart, be confident, professional and friendly.

Interview Questions
  • Why PwC and not any other Big Four, private or government organizations?   Answer Question
  • What do you do in your free time to refresh yourself? What are your hobbies?   Answer Question
  • How do you see yourself 5/10 years from now?   Answer Question

Worked for PwC? Contribute to the Community!