PwC Interview Questions in Atlanta, GA

Updated Aug 28, 2015

2.8

Advisory Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at PwC (Atlanta, GA) in July 2015.

Interview

Absolutely no candidate should have to go through what I did over the past 5 months. What started out as a very promising career prospect turned out to be full of false promises, fairy tales and hokum. This experience seemed at times to be like watching a TV show that should have been canceled after the 1st episode. The interview process started out at the end of March 2015, as one would expect, with a series of phone interviews. The phone interviews took place with several Advisory Managers and an Advisory Director. The phone interviews went very well and after the conclusion of the phone interviews I was told that HR would be contacting me within the next week to schedule an on-site interview. This is when it fell apart, HR did not call until 2 months later. The Advisory Director explained that HR was in the process of annual reviews and did not have time to schedule interviews. I should have walked away at that time but I gave them the benefit and continued the conversation. HR finally called and went through the typical HR items. The call concluded with HR stating that a Partner would be calling me later in the week for a final phone interview. But wait a minute I thought the phone interviews were over and it was time for the on-site interview. Okay so maybe I misunderstood the Advisory Director so I went along with it and had a conversation with the Partner. The Partner called and we had the typical phone interview again and I was told that I would now have to wait until after the July 4th holiday before the on-site interview would take place. I thought again that it makes sense it the summer and lots of people are on vacation. So after the holiday I finally get a call from HR stating that my on-site interview would take place in Houston during mid-July. Another week went by without any updates or travel arrangements from HR. Then HR finally called me on a Wednesday and wanted me in Atlanta on Friday. Here again it changed from what I was told to something completely else. The on-site interviews were scheduled to consist of 3 different interviewers lasting about 45 min each. The first interview was with another Advisory Manager and was nothing more that the typical HR questions. The next interview was with an Advisory Director and went right up to the 45min mark and was a little more technical. Now here comes the interesting part, the last interview was to be with the Advisory Director that I had the previous phone conversations with. This Director could not be found by the staff. After almost 30 minutes elapsed the Director was found. The disturbing part was not that the Director was late but was surprised that he was required to be there to conduct an interview. The conversation lasted about 15 minutes and concluded with saying that next steps would be for them to make me an offer after their annual Partner/Director meeting in Orlando the following week. The Director also said he would call me later that evening and let me know how the debrief call went. Well sadly he never called and did not respond to my emails or calls. So after 2 weeks I then decided to call HR and see if they had a status update. I got the same non-response from HR. I finally received a call from HR stating that they now wanted me to have another phone interview with another Partner. This was a little alarming to me so I contacted the original Advisory Director, this time I actually got through. I was told that during their meeting in Orlando it was decided that there was going to be a hiring freeze due to a slow down in the oil and gas sector. I was assured however that I would be starting work after September 1 so I went along with it, I should have known better. Several more weeks have elapsed since the last call and I had all but given up and moved onto another opportunity then I get a call from the hiring Partner on 8/20. Finally I get a verbal offer and it was 25% higher that what I was expecting. I was told that HR would be getting an offer letter put together and have it out to me by the first of the week. I was so excited thinking to myself waiting really did pay off. I was wrong to think that because there was not a offer letter from HR and no return call from the Partner until Wednesday this week. I saw that the Partner called my phone but did not leave a voicemail. I called the Partner back as soon as I could and I just knew that I would be again receiving good news. Wrong again, there was not any good news this time from the Partner. I was told that they received push back on the offer from others in the organization due to too many people being on the bench and I could wait a little longer but no promises. I stated that I could no longer wait and wished them all the best. My advice to PwC is please don't lead people on and please make improvements to the communications between hiring department, HR and candidates.

Interview Questions

• Typical interview questions consisting of both technical and non-technical questions.   Answer Question

AML Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at PwC (Atlanta, GA) in May 2015.

Interview

The interview began with a company overview addressed to the entire interview group. The overview covered PwC as company and also the culture/hierarchy at the service delivery center in Columbia, SC. After the overview, each interviewee met individually with 3 different managers in 30 minute intervals. The interview was laidback and conversational. It largely addressed knowledge of AML and skill sets, as well as flexibility and ability to easily switch roles. PWC is interviewing throughout the SE for positions based in Columbia, SC.

START Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at PwC (Atlanta, GA) in March 2015.

Interview

I applied with my resume on my university's website and got an email about a week later confirming an on campus interview. The interview was behavioral and conversational, about 45 minutes. Very casual and all the recruiters were easy to talk to. A few days later, I received an invitation for a dinner, office visit, and final round interviews in the Atlanta office in 2 weeks. PwC provided a nice dinner at The Oceanaire, a corner room at the Hyatt Midtown, and gave each of us a first-year associate host to guide us through the process. The dinner was with 3 candidates and 3 employees per table. There was a little talk of the internship but mostly conversational. The employees asked if you had any questions for them but they didn't directly ask us anything. The next morning we started at 8 with breakfast with our hosts. We then went on to have 3 interviews, each 45 minutes long, with employees of the manager/partner level. I steered these interviews to be conversational, which seems to have been a good choice, but still tried to tie topics back into things on my resume and personal stories. I made a few jokes and talked to one of the interviewers about a sports rivalry between our schools. After interviews, we went to lunch with our hosts. Then, back at the office, we played a round of Jeopardy about PwC's perks. There was a closing in the board room that highlighted Atlanta activities and next steps in the process. We were back at the hotel by 3 PM. The office visit and interviews took place Friday and I got a call back from a partner I had interviewed with and the main campus recruiter telling me I had received an offer on the following Monday. The process was streamlined, efficient, and comfortable. The office visit allowed me to meet around 10 employees and get a good feel for the company. PwC provided generous accommodations. Great experience!

Interview Questions

• When did you have to handle a large amount of data?   1 Answer

Elevate Program Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at PwC (Atlanta, GA) in March 2015.

Interview

Applied online via my school's career site, was accepted for an interview 2 weeks later. There was a dinner at night and then interviews the next day. I had met and gotten to know my interviewer (a Partner) at the dinner so I was very comfortable in my interview. Got a call about 2 weeks later that I had been accepted to the program.

Interview Questions

• Tell me something about yourself that isn't on your resume.   Answer Question
    • How do you respond to criticism?   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Application

Interview

I applied through campus recruiting. There was a pre-interview dinner for my interview on campus. I received a call one week later notifying me about an office visit. The office visit consisted of 3 1 on 1 interviews with a Partner, and two managers as well as a pre-interview dinner the night before. Interviews were behavioral.

Advisory Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at PwC (Atlanta, GA) in February 2015.

Interview

First a campus interview which was partly behavioral and partly technical. Second round interview was in the office, three part with two behavioral/resume and one case study. Seemed to really be looking for a quality fit on top of just competency.

Advance Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at PwC (Atlanta, GA) in February 2015.

Interview

Applied online, was invited to a networking event and then a one on one interview on campus, after that you're called on site and two rounds more of behavioral and then a case study.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself, What's your favorite subject, What's your 5 year plan   Answer Question

Technology Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at PwC (Atlanta, GA) in February 2015.

Interview

Standard interview process: Preliminary phone interview - behavioral questions on leadership On-campus interview - 2 behavioral rounds and 1 case interview Behavioral rounds were conducted by partners and were based on the PwC framework. They were really laid back and very nice to talk to. Case interview with a manager in the industry on which your case in based. The employees are there to answer any questions and it looked like a fun working environment. Good experience and not a very tough interview process.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to convince people of different backgrounds/cultures to accept your idea   2 Answers
    • Tell me about a time when you had to work with difficult team members   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time when you found inaccuracies in your work   Answer Question

Senior Associate - Advisory Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at PwC (Atlanta, GA) in February 2015.

Interview

I applied on the company website and was contacted by a recruiter in a couple of days time. The first conversation I had was with the recruiter and it was about my goals and aspirations. After that, I was schedule for a phone interview with another Sr. Associate in the practice. That call was 30-45 minutes and was about my experiences, what the position I am interviewing for has to offer and how my experience can be of use for the practice. After this call I was schedule for an interview day at one of the PwC offices. There were 3 more candidates for Senior or Experienced Associate position in the same team. The on-site interview was scheduled as four 30 minute interviews with 3 partners and one senior. It was mostly getting to know kind of thing. They are judging you mostly on how personable you are, how well you communicate your ideas and views and past experiences. After that, I was told that I will hear about the decision in a week or so. I got the offer in a week. Unfortunately, I had to turn down this fantastic opportunity because I had much stronger offers on my table with similar scope in other Big 4 companies. If they were willing to improve on their offer(which they were not), I would have taken it. My suggestion would be to make sure you communicate your expectations(in terms of title and compensation) properly. Lastly, I read this somewhere and I would like to share it "you don't get what you deserve, you get what you negotiate." All the best!

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in five years? How did you learn the technology you are working in? How do you implement it(the latest technology) in these scenarios, and why not the legacy ones?   Answer Question

Tax Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at PwC (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

Did the whole on campus recruiting/networking it was pretty easy. Just be yourself. Next, PwC had a lot of socials where you meet a lot of professionals. Every interview I had was all conversational and did not get one behavioral question.