PwC Audit Associate Interview Questions in Illinois

2.9

1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all Interviews

Audit Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at PwC (Chicago, IL) in November 2010.

Interview

My interview process was a little outside the norm. I had established contact with a Director this past spring and I emailed her, emphasizing my interest in the firm. She got me in touch with the HR Director in the Chicago office. Also, at my college, one of my former professors informed me that I should take part in on-campus interviews with PwC as another way of getting my foot in the door. This interview was primarily behavioral, with a chance to ask questions at the end. About a week later, I received a phone call from the lady I interviewed with on campus and she informed me that they really liked me, I had a great interview, and they wanted to invite me to continue in the process. The in-office interview was a two-day process. The night before there was a dinner with all the candidates for positions in the firm. Numerous PwC associates were there to answer questions about the firm. The next day I had the office interview. I met with an Audit Manger and a Partner. Had really good conversations with both. Questions posed by them were related to my career aspirations, how I came about becoming interested in PwC, and a time where I was able to successfully use my network in order to achieve a goal. Overall the interview process was relatively easy if you come in prepared. Know what you want (assurance, advisory, international opps, salary range, why you want to work for PwC), know what you can do (skill sets, previous experiences), and how you can add value (what sets you apart). If you know those things, you're golden.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time where you used your network to achieve a goal or solve a problem?   Answer Question

PwC offers tremendous international opportunities (which is one thing I was very interested in), and it's a very prestigious firm, and looks great on the resume, but I turned it down because I was interested in a sooner start date than what they offered. Also, I had a better offer from another firm in Chicago, offering me a higher salary and much sooner start date.