PwC Audit Associate Interview Questions

Updated Apr 20, 2015

2.9

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at PwC (New York, NY).

Interview

The first round was a phone interview. The second round was on-site, I met with a manager, a HR and a partner. Each had half a hour. Questions were all relatively easy.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for PwC

Audit Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at PwC.

Interview

The interview was a very good mix of personal questions and behavioral based questions. I was interviewed by a partner. Topics ranged from my family background, golf, and sports, to career goals, how I think I would fit in with the firm, and my qualifications.

Auditing involves a good understanding of financial accounting, along with good social skills to interact with the client and audit team. If a candidate can show they have good grades, good work history, and extracurricular activities they should feel comfortable entering an interview room for this type of job.

I would prepare for this type of interview like any other. Practice (or brush up on) basic behavioral based interview questions, and make sure you can show your accounting knowledge if asked a technical question. Otherwise relax and be sociable to let your true personality show in the interview.

Interview Questions

• What is construction in progress, and how can it affect both the income statement and balance sheet?   Answer Question

Audit Associate Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at PwC.

Interview

I applied both on campus and reached out to current PwC alumni from my college. I was first given an interview on campus, followed by an interview at the regional office. Everything was behavioral and conversational.

Audit Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at PwC in March 2015.

Interview

the whole process lasted 4 weeks; first is the phone interview; then i was invited to office visit; they have a staff showing me around and answering my questions. next is manager interview; the last step is partner interview; typical questions; the partner was very nice; he asked easy questions. the interview was conversational. he asked about my family; he also talked about sports;

Audit Associate Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at PwC.

Interview

I applied and got contacted by the national HR for a phone screening interview in 3 weeks. The process was quick. The phone interview was about 30 minutes. There were 4 main questions.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at PwC (New York, NY) in December 2014.

Interview

1st round interview was a phone interview, based on leadership roles. Received a invitation to final round. The process consist of pre interview dinner, which was a great way for us to ask questions , network and be less nervous for the big day. Superday was breakfast, presentation, group panel , then off to 3 interviews back to back. Interview was all conversational , just wanted to get to know you . Overall was a great experience

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you research a company?
      How do you keep yourself current of what's going on in the industry?
      How do you deal with conflict in a group?

Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation

Audit Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at PwC.

Interview

PwC use their own interview guide to ask questions in both the first and second round interview. Be prepared! it's more than just typical behavior questions and very detailed.

Interview Questions

• Know your career plan and fully know the reason behind your every choice in life (why this Unvi? why this city?)   Answer Question

Audit Associate Interview

Interview

It was campus recruiting and I had a pre-interview dinner before the actual interview followed by an office visit with interviews as well as lunch with a few new associates. The people that I have met were friendly and professional.

Interview Questions

• Mostly conversational questions with an occasional behavioral question.

Named an instance where you displayed leadership.

Answer Question

Audit Associate Interview

Interview

Campus standard interview either by a partner or HR recruiter; second round is on site interview, consisting of three rounds, half day. One manager, one partner and senior associate. Interview with partner is the key. Once nail that down, pretty much you're set.

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at PwC (San Francisco, CA) in November 2014.

Interview

First round - phone screening with HR. Expected to get second round - on site interview notification within 2 weeks. On site interview is so called "super day" where you are supposed to have 3 interview in a row.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if you heard your colleague revealed company's confidential document to the outside?   Answer Question