PwC Audit Associate Interview Questions

Updated Oct 19, 2014

2.8

164 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Audit Associate Interview

Screened at the campus level; completed a campus interview with a partner - 70% of candidates were cut at this phase; I was expecting further cuts at the office visit, but we all received offers at the visit. This was for a smaller (<150 employees in tax, assurance, and advisory combined) office in a "desirable" city

Interview Questions
  • These interviews are rarely filled with traditional interview questions; mine was mostly a conversation. They checking to make sure you're not a robot .   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for PwC

Audit Associate Interview

30 mins interview with a manager. General questions such as why audit. How do you deal with conflict? How do you deal with negative feedback? The greeter told me I would the get the result within two weeks.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tyson's Corner, Fairfax, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tyson's Corner, Fairfax, VA

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at PwC in October 2014.

First round was on campus, very relaxed and easy questions, only three behavioral. Just remember that it's most important to them that you'll fit into the culture, and as long as you have good leadership examples and can relate it to the job itself, you'll be fine. Second round was at the office, for me I interviewed with two senior managers and a partner. Be sure to study up on the new PWC professional, and think of examples that relate well to all 5 criteria because they focus on that EXTENSIVELY in the second round. Again, just be relaxed and remember that culture fit is a huge part of the interview process.

After it was over, I got a call about 2 hours after I left saying I got an offer. They have a very fast turnaround, so expect that offer very soon after the interview if you made it.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me a time when you needed to perform research to solve an accounting issue, how did you solve it and get the correct answer?   Answer Question
    • Tell me a time when you had a changing deadline?   Answer Question
    I do not believe you can negotiate. The offer is slightly above average anyway.

Audit Associate Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at PwC in September 2014.

I applied via on-campus recruiting system and just finished the first-round interview. I haven't done the second-round yet. The first-round interview was held on campus. I interviewed with a partner from the office I applied for. The questions were mostly about my resume and behavioral. The behavioral questions included the biggest challenge, team work setting, leadership, etc. The interviewer was nice and gentle.

Audit Associate Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at PwC in September 2014.

Got through the first round on-campus interview with a partner. Behavior question mainly related to leadership. Visited the office for the second round, 3 back to back interviews with partner, senior manager and a manager, all behavior questions, no hard question, friendly people.

Audit Associate Interview

On the company visit day, I got my par interview first. I asked questions about the latest news about the company and he was impressed. The second interview is senior interview, basically the repeat of par interview and the question is relatively easy. The third one is HR manager interview, repeat again. I think the par interview is the hardest because he asked many question from macro perspective and you really need to give your own opinion. I didn't answer the first one or two question very well, but I asked very good question back which I think has pretty big positive effect on my interview.

Interview Questions
    • Like the GAAP or accounting regulation is always change, what's your opinion towards those change..   Answer Question

Audit Associate Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at PwC.

If you go through the recruiting process straight from college, the recruiters hold your hand through everything. They try to make you feel as comfortable as possible. PwC gave me the best vibe of the Big 4 companies, and I felt the manager really cared to get to know us. The bad part though is that there are thousands of kids shooting for a few positions around the country, so you really need to make yourself stand out!

Interview Questions
    • What are your two most important qualities that you will bring to the workplace?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at PwC.

Meet with three individuals at various levels within the Company. They will each have their own questions. It was a diffiuclt process and intimidating. It is all finalized within a day and they will call or email you a week or two later with the results. Overall it was a good experience.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

If college recruiting for, the firm holds a lot of socials that are beneficial to attend (only difference that I can see between college hires and experienced hires). Typically consists of 3 phases: phone interview with recruiter/HR, phone interview with partner/manager, in-house interview with several people (manager, director, partner). After last round of interviews, usually will hear back very quickly if you get an offer.

Interview Questions
    • Questions are mostly behavioral in nature.
      A question that caught me off guard "Is there anything about your experience that I failed to ask you during the interview so far?"
        Answer Question

Audit Associate Interview

after the resume submission, had an interview on campus(university)

Interview Questions
    • what was the most difficult moment you had to overcome?   Answer Question