PwC Audit Associate Interview Questions & Reviews

2.8

150 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Boston, MA
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I interviewed online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at PwC in September 2011.

Applied online and got a referral from a manager from a different office. Wasn't able to go through campus recruiting due to college being outside US, so it involved following up with a lot of recruiters. Had a preliminary phone screening, which was essentially to make sure you weren't a total freak. Basic questions about yourself, interest in accounting, and mostly just walking through your resume. Had I think 2 other similar screenings as follow ups (it seemed like I was getting passed around recruiters for a bit repeating the same step in the interview process). Was informed of an in person interview at the office the following month. Met with a partner and a manager. Both interviews focused on my resume and interest in the position/accounting. Not many difficult questions (none really that I hadn't prepared for: why PwC, why audit etc.). It felt like they were trying to get more of a feel of your fit with the company rather than your qualifications and whether you would last or not. Both interviews ended up as more of a conversation about my travels etc.

Got a call the next day from the partner I interviewed with and my main recruiter that I was offered the job.

Interview Questions
No negotiating, took what was offered (same package offered by other big 4 firms I received offers from). It's probably possible to negotiate, but I didn't feel like I had any leverage to do so.

Other Interview Reviews for PwC

Audit Associate Interview

On the company visit day, I got my par interview first. I asked questions about the latest news about the company and he was impressed. The second interview is senior interview, basically the repeat of par interview and the question is relatively easy. The third one is HR manager interview, repeat again. I think the par interview is the hardest because he asked many question from macro perspective and you really need to give your own opinion. I didn't answer the first one or two question very well, but I asked very good question back which I think has pretty big positive effect on my interview.

Interview Questions
    • Like the GAAP or accounting regulation is always change, what's your opinion towards those change..   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee  in  Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at PwC in September 2013.

There were 3 rounds. I passed through the first two rounds and made it to office day interviews. I prepared a lot for the interviews and actually thought I did badly on the first two. Anyways. During the office day interview, I was funneled in with a couple of other potential audit associates from other schools. First half: Recruiters were nice and lunch was amazing. Second half: A round of 4 interviewers: two staff auditors and 2 partners. All went well until the last partner.

Audit Associate Interview

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at PwC.

If you go through the recruiting process straight from college, the recruiters hold your hand through everything. They try to make you feel as comfortable as possible. PwC gave me the best vibe of the Big 4 companies, and I felt the manager really cared to get to know us. The bad part though is that there are thousands of kids shooting for a few positions around the country, so you really need to make yourself stand out!

Interview Questions
    • What are your two most important qualities that you will bring to the workplace?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Philadelphia, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

interviewed at PwC in December 2011.

Very basic job application process via campus recruiting. Went in for a one day interview, which included 2 separate interviews, one with a partner and the other with HR. Very relaxed and easy going interview, more of a conversation actually. No out of the blue questions, just wanted to know why accounting and why PwC. Very friendly and professional experience.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 2 months - interviewed at PwC.

Meet with three individuals at various levels within the Company. They will each have their own questions. It was a diffiuclt process and intimidating. It is all finalized within a day and they will call or email you a week or two later with the results. Overall it was a good experience.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I interviewed through other source. The process took 2+ months - interviewed at PwC in November 2011.

(1) On campus interview and (1) Superday interview including 3 interviews on-site (Senior Associate, Manager, Partner). I was notified of PwC's decision by the partner a few hours after my interview followed by call by recruiter. PwC paid for hotel to stay in the night before the interview on Park Ave and interview process was very succinct. They were more than willing to field calls about talking through the decision process when I got identical offer at rival firm.

Interview Questions
    • How do you feel about reporting to someone younger than you?   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  San Jose, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

If college recruiting for, the firm holds a lot of socials that are beneficial to attend (only difference that I can see between college hires and experienced hires). Typically consists of 3 phases: phone interview with recruiter/HR, phone interview with partner/manager, in-house interview with several people (manager, director, partner). After last round of interviews, usually will hear back very quickly if you get an offer.

Interview Questions
    • Questions are mostly behavioral in nature.
      A question that caught me off guard "Is there anything about your experience that I failed to ask you during the interview so far?"
        Answer Question

Associate Audit Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Cincinnati, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at PwC in June 2011.

I underwent a pre-interview dinner followed by an on campus interview the following day. The on campus interview was 45 minutes in duration and conducted by a an HR Director. I received a communication the following week notifying me I had been selected for a site visit at the hiring office. The on site visit was comprised of 3 informal interviews with 2 managers and a partner. I received notification of my offer the following morning.

Interview Questions
    • Had several business case questions which I had to think through and answer.   Answer Question

Audit Associate Interview

after the resume submission, had an interview on campus(university)

Interview Questions
    • what was the most difficult moment you had to overcome?   Answer Question

Worked for PwC? Contribute to the Community!