PwC

Getting the Interview

Average Difficulty
143 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions

Philadelphia, PA

I interviewed at PwC in December 2011.

Interview Details – Very basic job application process via campus recruiting. Went in for a one day interview, which included 2 separate interviews, one with a partner and the other with HR. Very relaxed and easy going interview, more of a conversation actually. No out of the blue questions, just wanted to know why accounting and why PwC. Very friendly and professional experience.

Interview Question – Why have you specifically chosen audit?   Answer Question

New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 months - interviewed at PwC.

Interview Details – Meet with three individuals at various levels within the Company. They will each have their own questions. It was a diffiuclt process and intimidating. It is all finalized within a day and they will call or email you a week or two later with the results. Overall it was a good experience.

Interview Question – Why should we hire you?   Answer Question

New York, NY

I applied through other source and the process took 2+ months - interviewed at PwC in November 2011.

Interview Details – (1) On campus interview and (1) Superday interview including 3 interviews on-site (Senior Associate, Manager, Partner). I was notified of PwC's decision by the partner a few hours after my interview followed by call by recruiter. PwC paid for hotel to stay in the night before the interview on Park Ave and interview process was very succinct. They were more than willing to field calls about talking through the decision process when I got identical offer at rival firm.

Interview Question – How do you feel about reporting to someone younger than you?   Answer Question

Kiev (Ukraine)

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at PwC.

Interview Details – 1) CV to be sent to the company
2) The second step you have to pass few tests including Numeric and Verbal, Accounting knowledge and English knowledge
3) If you succesfully pass these tests you will be invited for the first interview and in case of success for the second one
4) First interview is rather general in nature about your life, hobby etc., the second one is more related to your attitude to work and proffesional experience

Interview Question – What is your carrer plan for the next 5 years ?   Answer Question

San Jose, CA

Interviewed at PwC

Interview Details – If college recruiting for, the firm holds a lot of socials that are beneficial to attend (only difference that I can see between college hires and experienced hires). Typically consists of 3 phases: phone interview with recruiter/HR, phone interview with partner/manager, in-house interview with several people (manager, director, partner). After last round of interviews, usually will hear back very quickly if you get an offer.

Interview Question – Questions are mostly behavioral in nature.
A question that caught me off guard "Is there anything about your experience that I failed to ask you during the interview so far?"
  Answer Question

Associate Audit Interview

Associate Audit
Cincinnati, OH

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at PwC in June 2011.

Interview Details – I underwent a pre-interview dinner followed by an on campus interview the following day. The on campus interview was 45 minutes in duration and conducted by a an HR Director. I received a communication the following week notifying me I had been selected for a site visit at the hiring office. The on site visit was comprised of 3 informal interviews with 2 managers and a partner. I received notification of my offer the following morning.

Interview Question – Had several business case questions which I had to think through and answer.   Answer Question

Hong Kong (Hong Kong)

I applied online - interviewed at PwC in November 2013.

Interview Details – - Online application: Had to answer a few situation-related questions
- Online test: Had to go to test centres to complete the test, not SHL or other popular brands, only 8 questions for numerical, logical and verbal test
- assessment centre: Group discussion>manager interview, easy to pass since manager usually let partners made decision
- partner interview

Interview Question – - outlook of Big 4   View Answer

Reason for Declining – I don't know which audit team I will enter until I go to work. I hate such uncertainty. I have other offers anyway.

Interviewed at PwC

Interview Details – after the resume submission, had an interview on campus(university)

Interview Question – what was the most difficult moment you had to overcome?   Answer Question

Interview Details – Very behavioral based. No technical questions

Interview Question – There were no unexpected questions   Answer Question

Associate Audit Interview

Associate Audit
Dublin, Dublin (Ireland)

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at PwC in February 2010.

Interview Details – One interview with two people from the HR team. I was quite late in the interview process so it was a lot quicker than usual. The HR team were young and made the interview informal through chat and asking about extra curricular activities rather than focusing on technical questions and education. They want to see you are a fit for the company as well as for the job. The majority of people they are interviewing at this level have just come from college and have not really got a lot of relevant work experience so it is really more about your college education, HR style questions about working to deadlines, time management etc.

Interview Question – Very straightforward HR type questions, no technical questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiating as it is a standard training contract.

Interviews for Top Jobs at PwC

Worked for PwC? Contribute to the Community!

PwC Videos

PwC – Why Work for Us?

Imagine the power of 160,000 people with a common purpose — building relationships that create value for you and your business. This is PwC. Every day, our people work with you to build the value you are looking for… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at PwC Audit Associate interview questions and advice. All 143 interview reviews posted anonymously by PwC employees and interview candidates.