PwC Audit Associate Interview Questions

Updated Jun 24, 2015

2.9

Audit Associate Interview

Interview

30 mins interview with a manager. General questions such as why audit. How do you deal with conflict? How do you deal with negative feedback? The greeter told me I would the get the result within two weeks.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for PwC

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tyson's Corner, Fairfax, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at PwC (Tyson's Corner, Fairfax, VA) in October 2014.

Interview

First round was on campus, very relaxed and easy questions, only three behavioral. Just remember that it's most important to them that you'll fit into the culture, and as long as you have good leadership examples and can relate it to the job itself, you'll be fine. Second round was at the office, for me I interviewed with two senior managers and a partner. Be sure to study up on the new PWC professional, and think of examples that relate well to all 5 criteria because they focus on that EXTENSIVELY in the second round. Again, just be relaxed and remember that culture fit is a huge part of the interview process.

After it was over, I got a call about 2 hours after I left saying I got an offer. They have a very fast turnaround, so expect that offer very soon after the interview if you made it.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time when you needed to perform research to solve an accounting issue, how did you solve it and get the correct answer?   Answer Question
    • Tell me a time when you had a changing deadline?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I do not believe you can negotiate. The offer is slightly above average anyway.

Audit Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at PwC in October 2014.

Interview

There was a first interview and if you made it through that there was a second interview round. The first interview included a dinner the night before. At the dinner the staff said the purpose of the dinner is to help you feel relaxed and take away some of the nervousness - and it did just that. I was surprised at how calm I felt after the dinner. It was nice, because my interview was the next morning and I was able to go into the interview with minimal nervousness. During the first interview I was surprised by how few questions were asked - maybe 3 total. The partner who interviewed me mostly talked a lot about pwc. I can't remember what all the questions were. But I do remember he asked me about a time when I had to work with a difficult person/group of people. The first interview was 30 minutes long. All the employees during the first interview process were really nice and did a great job of easing our nervousness.
    I received an email less than a week later, stating that I had made it to the 2nd round of interviews. The 2nd round also included a dinner the night before. The actual interview consisted of 3 different interviews, each one lasting 30 minutes. Going into the 2nd round of interviews I had prepared a lot but was surprised by how unexpected the actual questions were. These questions were unexpected because pwc has recently changed their interviews. The questions they now ask center around the "pwc professional" framework. This framework consists of 5 skills pwc looks for which are, whole leadership, business acumen, relationships, technical capabilities, and global acumen. Some questions that threw me off were.....1) describe a time you had a different opinion from someone and you had to convince them of your opinion. 2) describe a time you were a leader and had to enforce your decision when a person or group of people disagreed with you. 3) I had to talk about some recent news that I recently read, in order to demonstrate that I keep up with the news. (this question was not as surprising, I just didn't prepare very well for it)
    I was able to answer these questions pretty well, by taking my time to answer. I briefly paused and thought about it before I started speaking. And whatever preparation I had done helped me even though I was a bit surprised by some of the questions.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you had to convince someone of your opinion/viewpoint.   1 Answer

Negotiation

no negotiation

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

interviewed at PwC (Minneapolis, MN) in October 2014.

Interview

Interview process was very simple. I was a college hire so I had one interview on campus and then was brought into the office for the second interview. The in office interview was actually pretty casual, meet with a partner, senior manager, and then a manager. They responded quite quickly as they got back to everyone either same day or the next day.

Interview Questions

• PwC has a model of looking for well rounded individuals when it comes to financial knowledge so be prepared to respond to general finance topics as it will not be limited to just accounting topics.   Answer Question

Audit Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at PwC in October 2014.

Interview

Recruited from a SUNY uni for a VA office; interviewed on campus with a Partner for first round, and was invited to attend second round within a week. Typical behavioral interview process with a Partner and two Senior Managers. Got the call back within an hour.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you have interfaced/worked with people from a different background / nationality...It was to test your global mindset/openness to working with people with different backgrounds.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I did not negotiate.

Anonymous Employee in Florham Park, NJ

Application

interviewed at PwC (Florham Park, NJ) in October 2014.

Interview

first phone call 30 minutes mostly competency questions. superday was 3 rounds of interviews with each interview focusing on a different area of competency and leadership skills. very relaxed atmosphere and try to impress you to want to work at pwc

Anonymous Employee in McLean, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at PwC (McLean, VA) in October 2014.

Interview

The questions were weirdly asked and they seemed like they were trying to get information out of you that isn't legal for them to ask in a straightforward manner.

Interview Questions

• What type of news outlets do you pay attention to and how do they affect your daily life?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at PwC (Los Angeles, CA) in October 2014.

Interview

I think the best advice I can give someone that is interviewing with PwC is to be yourself. Instead of answering all the questions with a perfect answer, you will have a better chance if you initiate a conversation with the interviewer. On top of that, it is important to express to the firm why you chose them, and why you want to work for them. You should be fairly specific on your reasoning.

Interview Questions

• The only question I got from the partner is "tell me about yourself," make sure you keep the conversation going. Don't let them ask you question after question and made it into a routine, try to talk with them and show your good qualities in those conversations.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at PwC (Boston, MA) in October 2014.

Interview

2 rounds of interviews one on campus and one on site
    Met with 3 individuals during my onsite interview each being from a different team and different position
    Very relaxing fun day, they made all candidates feel very comfortable

Interview Questions

• When have you used knowledge you learned in an auditing class and applied it to other situations?   Answer Question

Accepted offer at another firm

Audit Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at PwC in September 2014.

Interview

I applied via on-campus recruiting system and just finished the first-round interview. I haven't done the second-round yet. The first-round interview was held on campus. I interviewed with a partner from the office I applied for. The questions were mostly about my resume and behavioral. The behavioral questions included the biggest challenge, team work setting, leadership, etc. The interviewer was nice and gentle.