PwC

Average Difficulty
143 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Los Angeles, CA

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at PwC in November 2011.

Interview Details – Very freindly, on campus interview first week, received invitation to second interview three days later. at second interview given hotel, office tour, lunch three back to back interview

Interview Question – Tell me about yourself   Answer Question

New York, NY

The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at PwC in December 2011.

Interview Details – Attended SuperDay... Had a few typical behavioral questions. Be prepared to discuss and elaborate your resume.

Interview Question – Why did you want to join the Assurance line of service?   Answer Question

New York, NY

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at PwC in October 2011.

Interview Details – PwC recruits on campus at my school. I orginally had a 1st round interview on campus with a partner. This interview was fairly basic. Questions were mostly situational with a focus on group work and leadership experience. I was then invited for a 2nd round interview at the NYC office. The office visit included a brief breakfast, presentation on the firm, panel of 3 employees (2 partners and 1 manager), three 30 minute interviews, and lunch. The interviews weren't too challenging. It seemed like the interviewers wanted to get to know. The questions I was asked were not out of the oridinary and basically had to do with my experience, leadership positions, and how I handle certain situations. The interviewers were willing to answer any questions I had and the 30 minutes went by quick.

I received an email a couple days later stating I did not receive an offer. I asked for feedback and was told that the firm could not hire all candidates and there were ones with more experience than me. I would say this was a good learning experience. Looking back I think I could have worded a couple of my answers different. My biggest piece of advice is to make sure you know what you memorize what you have on your resume and know the biggest things you took from each experience.

Interview Question – Descibe a situation in which you were in a group and had a problem with one member contributing.   Answer Question

Dallas, TX

The process took 2 days - interviewed at PwC in March 2011.

Interview Details – Found the position on the Career Services website at my school. Interview was 45 minutes 1:1. All behavioral with 15 minutes for me to ask questions. Interviewed by a partner.

Interview Question – Describe a time where you were confronted by conflict and outline the steps you took to handle that situation.   Answer Question

New York, NY

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at PwC in November 2011.

Interview Details – The Interviewing process was very relaxed. I had the Pre-Interview Social, then the Campus Interview set up through my Career Services. I later got called back for the office interview which consisted of a presentation, panel discussion, three interviews with staff members, and a lunch with my host and the other candidates. The interviewers were very casual and the staff made it seem like this company is the company I'd like to work for. I got a call back the same day with an offer.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – I didn't have room to negotiate, especially coming out of college.

Los Angeles, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at PwC in October 2011.

Interview Details – Got the first round interview through campus recruiting process. First round interview was with a manager. He was really easy-going and friendly. Met him before through recruiting events, however, heard from other people that he was an awkward person to talk to. Would recommend making small talks. Those go a long way.
Second round interview was about 2 weeks later. Consisted of a staff panel for questions, lunch, and then 3 back to back to back 20-minute interviews with manager and above. Like first round, I tried to be friendly and just make small conversations. Talked about sky-diving with a manager, she was totally into it. The partner I interviewed with called me about a week later to give me the offer.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – There is no negotiation. Salary and benefit is industry standard.

San Francisco, CA

The process took 2 days - interviewed at PwC in January 2009.

Interview Details – The interview process was relatively simple. It consisted of a round 1 interview on campus, then a phone interview with the recruiting manager, and after that a 'super day' in the office. The super day consisted of 3 sets of interviews, two with managers and one with the partner. It was relatively easy questions. Some basic behavioral and then go over your resume with them.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – N/A. No negotiations.

Philadelphia, PA

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 months - interviewed at PwC in September 2011.

Interview Details – Easy to understand. informatitive,

Boston, MA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at PwC in October 2011.

Interview Details – I got the interview through networking with an college alumni. Basically a long series of emails and phone conversations. The interview process, itself, was an office visit. I was interviewed by 2 managers and a partner. The interview was more of a conversation than an interview with few behavioral questions thrown in here and there.

Interview Question – Describe a situation where you were faced with failure and what did you do to change it?   Answer Question

Kansas City, MO

The process took 2 days - interviewed at PwC in October 2011.

Interview Details – I contact the campus recruiter through the PwC website because I went to a small school and they do not recruit there. I had a phone interview in September and then got an invitation to the office visit which consisted of a social the night before the interview. Then next day consisted of a presentation, office tour, and interview with a manager and a senior manager. Then there was lunch and a panel discussion. The questions were about my resume and were more of a conversation than anything. I received an offer the next day and accepted. Honestly you get to the office visit because of your resume and all they really want to see in the interviews is how well you fit in at the firm.

Interview Question – Why Public Accounting   Answer Question