PwC

Average Difficulty
15 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Los Angeles, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at PwC in October 2011.

Interview Details – The interview consisted of behavior questions and technical questions. However, technical questions should not be asked, at least in the first round.

Interview Question – Why are you interested in auditing?   Answer Question

New York, NY

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at PwC in September 2011.

Interview Details – first campus interview with a senior manage than a superday

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – why you came to NY? Describe your resume

New York, NY

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at PwC in October 2009.

Interview Details – Started at an information session, submitted resume/ CL and was called for an interview a week later. very informal interview consisted of 2 back to back ints with partners. Asked basic questions about where I see myself, skills, etc. Successfully completed both interviews but I don't believe my passion was really in it so did not get/accept offer.

Interview Question – What is your greatest accomplishment?   Answer Question

McLean, VA

The process took a day - interviewed at PwC in February 2009.

Interview Details – There was a networking event the night before the interview with current PwC employees. The interview itself was short consisting of only two questions. First, the partner I was interviewing with explained that PwC was not going to lay off any employees throughout the economic downturn and wanted to know what I thought about that strategy. Second, he asked why I want to work in public accounting.

Interview Question – Why do you want to work in public accounting?   Answer Question

Audit

The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at PwC in March 2009.

Interview Details – I posted my resume on my university career center website. Within two weeks I received an email that I had been selected to interview on campus. The night before the interview PwC hosted a reception at a local hotel where we would be able to meet with associates and manager and have the opportunity to meet the interviewer. I was interviewed by an Audit partner, other people I spoke too were interviewed by managers. I found out a week later that I had been selected for a 2nd round, in office interview, the form put me up at the Ritz Carlton the night before the interview and I had to report to the PwC offices at 8:30 AM. The 2nd round consisted of various information sessions and 2 more interviews with managers and partners. Two weeks later they called me personally to tell me they could not give me an offer.

Interview Questions

• As a busy college student how do you manage your time?   Answer Question
  • Can you give me an expample of when you were in a team where someone was not participating, what did you do to ensure the team objectives were met?   Answer Question

Bristol, England (UK)

I applied online and interviewed at PwC.

Interview Details – First stage: submit cv and online questions with numeracy and logical tests.
Second stage: competency based telephone interview, asked me about the aca in detail and also a news story which interested me related to growing businesses.
Third stage: assessment centre - written assessment, logical and numerical tests, group assessment
Final stage: one to one interview

Interview Question – How do you keep up to date with current news? Which news story interests you and why? -has to apply to a business you would find interesting to work with.   Answer Question

Audit
Dubai (United Arab Emirates)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at PwC in August 2009.

Interview Details – I joined PwC in 2009. The process was as follows:
A recruitment agency contacted me to fill an urgent position in PwC. I went for test then interview. They asked me about experience, professional certificates and why should they hire me. They admire professional certificates and relevant experience very much.
They hired me immediacy and even called me to work over the weekend, two days before my official joining date. They offered me about 1500 USD more than my original package at that time. I accepted because I was excited about this new endeavor.
People are great and from different backgrounds.

Interview Question – Why you want to leave your current job?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I did not negotiate. I accepted immediately and I regret for that. Later, I came to know that they offered a friend USD 2000 more and he rejected. I came after him one week and accepted without any negotiations so it was a mistake, indeed.

London, England (UK)

I applied online - interviewed at PwC in October 2012.

Interview Details – Online test then followed by first round interview conducted by PwC HR. It was a very competency based interview lasts for around 40 min.

Interview Question – What is the biggest mistake you have made? What did you learn from this mistake?
What do you consider to be your strengths/ Weakness

The question itself was not that difficult and in fact they are all standard competency questions. But need to prepare for many different examples.
  Answer Question

London, England (UK)

I applied online - interviewed at PwC in January 2013.

Interview Details – Online test: numerical, logic and personality. Telephone interview: a set list of questions which can be found online. They are assessing you against competencies you can find on their website. Assessment Centre. You have to redo the online test (not the personality one) and then write a report summarising your thoughts on a booklet of information that you are given. Then there is a final interview but I didn't get that far!

Interview Question – Telephone interview: What business story interests you at the moment? Then when you give a story they ask: And how could PWC help?   View Answer

Audit

I applied through college or university and interviewed at PwC.

Interview Details – Open opportunities seemed limited relative to other Big 4, even with a recommendation from a former PwC partner. I attended a pre-interview social at which I was treated as an inconvenience by current staff for most of the evening. Perception of culture is conservative even relative to other Big 4.

Interview Question – Interview was generally informal and conversational. Toughest question was where I see myself in 10 years. Most of the interview was for me to ask questions.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Perception of culture.

Worked for PwC? Contribute to the Community!