PwC Audit Interview Questions

Updated Sep 1, 2015

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at PwC (Saint Louis, MO) in May 2015.

Interview

I was selected to participate in the Elevate program for my city. The Elevate program was a 2 day summer leadership conference where they bring in about 30+ students to learn more about the company. They also planned various social and philanthropic activities. On the second day, each students had (2) behavioral interviews with a partner and a manager in the chosen service line. Do not be intimidated by the word behavioral. It was very conversational almost as if you're talking to an advisor/counselor on your career goals and aspirations. For each interview, they began asking basic questions such as read me through your resume, tell me more about your involvement in this club, etc. The rest of the time was situational questions such as Tell me how you approach working in a team, what position do you tend to take, how do you deal with a teammate not doing their part, etc. If you go in with a mentality of preparedness and confidence about yourself, the interview goes by real fast! Be genuine and actually listen to what they have to say about themselves. Often times, more questions arise as your conversation carries on. That way, questions you ask become more genuine and catered to them. Overall, all interviews I've had with PwC is very laid-back, conversation and stress-free.

Other Interview Reviews for PwC

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at PwC (San Diego, CA) in November 2014.

Interview

Standard interview, however it was with a partner so it was a little intimidating. The partner wanted to know why I am interested in public accounting and what type influence accounting firms have on the economy. Overall it was a good experience and I hope to have another chance this year.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work in public accounting?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at PwC (San Francisco, CA) in November 2014.

Interview

Applied through school's website in LA and indicated that I wanted to work in San Francisco. After on campus interview, was contacted to schedule an in house and they flew me out shortly after. In house interviews consisted of 3 sessions 30min each. They were not typical easy Big 4 interviews, these were structured. Each interviewer had to ask his own questions that were given to him, so each interview was completely different from the last.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever had to perform an audit like activity before? How did you go about approaching it and ultimately solving the problem?   Answer Question

Wanted to pursue IBanking opportunities.

Auditing Interview

Interview

During the interview, you will find totally three stages. First is a CV screen, then is a AC interview where you will need to finish case in a team , finally there is a partner interview where you have to face a PwC partner and his questions.

Interview Questions

• you have to be really well-prepared   1 Answer

Audit Interview

Interview

I applied through my university and received documents to be filled out online two weeks later. First I went through on campus recruiting and I met with a manager from PWC. It was very conversational interview. He asked about teamwork examples like bad team players, how you handled situation.

Audit Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at PwC in October 2014.

Interview

I had an initial on-campus interview and three interviews during the office visit. All questions interviewers asked are behavioral questions, such as leadership experience and teamwork. Each interview last for about half an hour.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at PwC (Boston, MA) in October 2014.

Interview

We introduced our-selves first and then we walk through my resume for about 15 minutes and then he asked me 4 behavioral questions, like leadership, muti-tasking. And last, he gave me sometime to ask a few questions about the company and the position.

Audit Interview

Interview

Each of us got a list of interviewers during the Superday. I had four interviewers. Each interviewed for half an hour. No technical questions, but there are lots of behavioral questions, especially on teamwork. So be prepared and ask wise questions. Most of us get our results in two days. All the interviewers are very friendly so there's no need to be nervous.

Interview Questions

• If a team member does not cooperate, what would you do? The interviewer asked lots of follow-up questions after i answered her, which made me feel very unexpected.   Answer Question

Audit Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at PwC in September 2014.

Interview

Went to a few career networking events and then was selected to be a part of the on campus interview process. Simple interview one on one with a partner for about thirty minutes, nothing too serious very conversational. Look to gain knowledge into your experience and weather or not you would fit into the firms established culture.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

None

Audit Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at PwC in September 2014.

Interview

I applied on campus recruiting but I didn't know anyone when I walked into the interview. The interviewer was friendly and polite, asked a lot of questions about teamwork and leadership style. In total, there were about 5 questions. The whole process took about 2 weeks in total.