PwC Interview Questions in Belfast, Northern Ireland

Updated Mar 16, 2015

3.3

Software Developer, Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Belfast, Northern Ireland (UK)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at PwC (Belfast, Northern Ireland (UK)) in March 2015.

Interview

Avoid. A recruiter asked if I would be interested in a role in the forensics team, so I sent them my CV, which was subsequently passed onto PwC, along with my salary expectations. I was invited for a competency-based interview at their office in Belfast. Was interviewed by 3 people. Was fairly standard interview. As it was a competency-based interview, there wasn't any technical questions. The recruiter contacted me to let me know that I was successful, and they sent through an offer which was lower than my current pay - despite the fact that I had also made clear during the interview what my current salary was. The recruiter declined the offer on my behalf and let them know what my salary expectations were. Subsequently, PwC asked to contact me directly, and I had a short telephone call with the hiring manager who discussed in considerable depth their benefits package (which was virtually identical to my current benefits package). During this call, I asked if they would be offering more than their initial offer, and the hiring manager seemed to dodge this question - I didn't get a clear answer. Nevertheless, the hiring manager invited me into the office the following week, which I agreed to under the assumption that they'd be looking to improve their offer, otherwise why would they invite me in? I went into the office the following week and the hiring manager discussed in further detail the projects and teams, and gave me a tour around the office, and finally went into a long spiel about the benefits package all over again. Towards the end of this discussion, I asked what they were offering - the figure the hiring manager gave me was 1k less than their initial offer that I had already declined, which was significantly less than my current job. I was speechless as he started going into another spiel about the benefits package and when I questioned the salary he told me, "If that's a showstopper, then so be it". I have no idea what possessed him into thinking that I was going to accept a job that was paying significantly less, even though I had already turned it down through the recruiter - and even though it was clear right from the very start what my salary expectations were. It seems to me that HR at PwC failed to pass on the message to the hiring manager that I had declined the offer - but even still it doesn't make sense that I was invited back into the office since the offer was less than my current salary. One might think that he thought I was desperate to leave my current job and was trying to take advantage of me, but yet even on that same day I made it clear to the guy that I wouldn't move unless I got the right offer and that I had no issues with my current job. The hiring manager is a useless timewaster, and the apparent lack of communication between him and the HR department is not a good sign. Don't let them waste your time and energy, apply to somewhere that doesn't treat you like absolute crap and insults you through piss-poor offers.

Interview Questions

• When have you had to develop a relationship at work, perhaps with a difficult colleague?   Answer Question
    • How do you keep yourself up to date with business and industry trends?   Answer Question
    • How did you cope with an unreasonable deadline?   Answer Question

Offer was abysmal. Waste of time.

IT Interview

Anonymous Employee in Belfast, Northern Ireland (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at PwC (Belfast, Northern Ireland (UK)) in January 2015.

Interview

Submitted an online application, I then was invited to complete an online test which had maths, logistics and personality sections. I was then invited to a 3 Hour assessment at PWC offices which again had a maths and logistics test, along with a report writing section. After this there was a group part which was more business based. Then I had a call back for final interview

Interview Questions

• Tell us what you know about PwC?
      They asked 2 questions in each topic of "The PwC individual" ... (whole leadership, relationships, business acumen, technical capabilities and global acumen"

Answer Question

PWC Graduate Scheme Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Belfast, Northern Ireland (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at PwC (Belfast, Northern Ireland (UK)) in January 2014.

Interview

First application process in to submit CV to recruitment team, If you experiences and qualifications are good enough, you will be invited to take the PWC online tests,

These tests consist of a numerical test, logical test and a verbal reasoning test. The hardest test is the numerical test, it consists of 20 questions that have to be completed within 17 minutes. The questions are based around Percentages, graph reading, currency and ratios. Practice papers can be found online by using Google.

If you pass this stage you will be invited to an assessment centre, during the assessment centre you are asked to retake the online tests, this is to so that you haven't cheated on the tests and that you are able to pass them, the pass mark is 60%.
    After the online tests are completed, you will then be asked to complete a report on a given business proposal, this is also timed. you will be given 15 minutes for this stage.
    The final part of the assessment centre is group work, this group work allows you to show off your ability to communicate, take others peoples thoughts into consideration and show to the assessors that you can read and translate a business plan.

When this is completed you will contacted within 3 working days with your results,

The next stage is the final interview with a senior manager, I am attending this stage on Monday.

Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Belfast, Northern Ireland (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at PwC (Belfast, Northern Ireland (UK)) in September 2013.

Interview

Started off well, contacted by member of staff directly kept in contact via email and phone. Sat online exams (numerical and verbal reasoning, plenty of practice tests out there for anyone who hasn't done one in a while) which went well (>80th percentile in each), managed an interview (one to one) tough enough. No contact for over a week, I followed up with emails, was told they would get back to me that never happened. Not too disappointed interesting role not sure if it would have been the right fit for me but would have preferred a quick email/call to say I didn't get job.

Interview Questions

• Nothing too difficult, mainly competency based questions at start then "informal chat" approach after that.   Answer Question

Summer Intern Consulting Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Belfast, Northern Ireland (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at PwC (Belfast, Northern Ireland (UK)) in May 2013.

Interview

There is a lot of help on forums, so just google your competency and see what was asked. Its usually competency based so look at their competencies online and prepare examples. For the assessment centre just be yourself and be a team player, its that simple.

Interview Questions

• There may be similar questions so the main thing is to prepare as many examples as you can and you can always twist and tailor them on the spot.   Answer Question

Human Resources Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Belfast, Northern Ireland (UK)

Application

interviewed at PwC (Belfast, Northern Ireland (UK)) in March 2013.

Interview

Online-AC-final interview

the AC with Pwc is quite a compact one, only included a maths/logical test, writing exercises, and group discussion. All content of the writing and group tasks could be found here in this forum to be honest.....But I don't think it made any difference.....The maths is not difficult but you have to answer 40 questions, with different charts each, in 20 minutes, my suggestion is when you believe too much calculation is required for any question, guess one answer and go to the next. You never got enough time to answer them all anyway, so just make sure to answer the ones requiring shorter time.

I asked for the results of AC, and they told me I got a very distinguished score for maths/logical and all competence observed in group discussion.

However, I was rejected after the final interview with a partner. I was not happy with my performance that day either, so basically not a surprise to be rejected....I kind of prepared all the questions asked but kept giving weird answers during the whole interview.....I started to have a temperature on my flight back and nearly fainted, but I suppose that was a psychological reaction instead of any excuse to explain my terrible performance:-)