PwC

Relevance Date Difficulty

Intern Interview

Intern
Boston, MA

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at PwC in November 2013.

Interview Details – I applied for this summer internship through my school's campus recruiting program. The process began with an information session, followed by an interview offer after application. Finally, there was a super day at the office with a brief orientation and three back-to-back interviews. The morning after the interview day, I was contacted by both my campus recruiter and one of the interviewers.

Interview Question – Why do you want to be in "XYY" Line of Service.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation attempted; except for a expedited response following super day. I was hitting deadlines for other offers but wanted to hear from PwC first.

Assurance Associate Interview

Assurance Associate
Boston, MA

I applied through other source and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at PwC in November 2013.

Interview Details – I applied for assurance associate position in Los Angeles at a job fair for English and Japanese bilinguals so the position was for Japanese practice.
I walked into their booth with my resume. First they put me through "English screening" which is just and an casual conversation with one of their staff. The next one was a real interview with an manager. He asked me to explain him my past job experiences and why I want to do audit. It took about 10 to 15 minutes. The second interview was on the next day with a partner. He basically asked same basic questions but he asked what industry I would be interested in to audit. Also he asked why PwC, not other Big 4. The interview was about 20 mins and I was invited to dinner with all the staff, managers and partners that night. I was not asked any interview-like questions at dinner but I got to ask many questions about the firm.
About 2 weeks later, I had phone interviews with one manager and two partners on the same day. Each interview was for 30 mins. (You usually visit their office for this interviews but I was out of country and could not be there.) There was no difficult or surprise questions here as well but I could have nice conversations that especially I had someone we know in common with two of them.
I got an offer on the next day of the phone interviews.

Interview Question – There was no surprise questions and all they asked is basic things such as my past job experience, why audit, why PwC, etc.   Answer Question

Transfer Pricing Associate Interview

Transfer Pricing Associate
Boston, MA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at PwC in January 2011.

Interview Details – Behavioral Style (as with all Big 4)
Questions such as:
"how would you deal with X?"
"tell me of a time you did Y."
As an entry level candidate, the assumption is you know nothing and can marginally read and write.

Negotiation Details – HR would not negotiate salary.

PwC Assurance Associate Interview

PwC Assurance Associate
Boston, MA

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at PwC in September 2010.

Interview Details – Upon being selected for an interview, you will first undergo a phone interview. You will then proceed to on site interviews with 2-3 interviewers (ranging from manager to partner). Questions are primarily related to your resume, and past experiences with teams. Your ability to communicate effectively ways heavily on the decision.

Interview Question – Do you see yourself on a partner track (i.e. staying until partner)?   View Answer

Very Easy Interview

Elevate Program Interview

Elevate Program
Boston, MA

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at PwC.

Interview Details – It was mainly behavioral questions, interviewed with a partner, didn't have any technical questions.

Interview Question – Why are you interested in this program?   Answer Question

Audit Associate Interview

Audit Associate
Boston, MA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at PwC in October 2011.

Interview Details – It was pretty standard, come for the day, do three interviews, do a social afterward and thats it.

Interview Question – Nothing crazy. They just kept asking me if I could handle the hard work.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – None

Very Easy Interview

Assurance Associate Interview

Assurance Associate
Boston, MA

I applied through other source and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at PwC in November 2012.

Interview Details – Good process, behavioral interviews were standard

Interview Question – None. Everything was extremely run-of-the-mill.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Intern
Boston, MA

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at PwC in October 2013.

Interview Details – First round interview was a breeze. Asked simple questions about your resume and gave you background on the internship. Second round was 5 interviews in the office. Asked normal behavioral questions and questions about yourself. Nothing was unexpected, and the people were very nice.

Interview Question – Where do you see yourself in 10 years, and what are you doing to get there?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Offer from another firm

Summer Analyst Interview

Summer Analyst
Boston, MA

I applied through college or university and the process took 1 week - interviewed at PwC in October 2013.

Interview Details – First, we talked about the former job experience from the resume, After, we discussed leadership skills(elaborated more from the former experience) and some crucial skills that are required to the specific job. At the end of the interview, I had to ask questions about the firm and the position I am applying for.

Interview Question – Nothing very special. Mostly behavioral questions.   Answer Question

Very Difficult Interview

Auditor Interview

Auditor
Boston, MA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 months - interviewed at PwC in October 2011.

Interview Details – On campus interview be well prepared

Interview Question – Tell me about yourself   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – none

Worked for PwC? Contribute to the Community!