PwC Interview Questions in Calgary, AB

3.3

7 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

New Associate - Management Consulting Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calgary, AB (Canada)

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at PwC in March 2014.

Interview process:
    -First Round Telephone Interview (approximately 30 min.)

If you advance to the Assessment Day, you should expect the following major activities:
    -Cognitive Test (20 min.)
    -Group Case Study (45 min.)
    -Second Interview [telephone or in-person] (approximately 1 hr.)
    -Office Tour (approximately 45 min.)
    -Networking Event (approximately 1 hr.)

National Leadership COnfrence Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calgary, AB (Canada)

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at PwC in April 2013.

I got a telephone interview for the National Leadership Conference for the Calgary Office.
    I prepared for the interview by researching the office and the work they do. I put a lot of emphasis on Audit and didn't talk as much about the conference. I am waiting for feedback from the interviewers to see where I could have improved.

Interview Questions
    • The questions were pretty srtandard (Tell us about yourself? Why do you want to be a CA?) and i thought i did well, but i guess they were looking more at who fits the company and culture.   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calgary, AB (Canada)

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at PwC in January 2013.

The first round interview was a phone interview with standard behavioral questions. The second round interview was a group case with teams of 4 people.

Associate Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calgary, AB (Canada)

I applied online. The process took 2 days - interviewed at PwC.

The initial phone interview with a consultant was basic and gave me a favorable impression. They then flew me out to their Calgary location. The day consisted of an 1 on 1 interview with a senior partner, which was straightforward. There was also an office tour. The toughest portion was a group exercise with about 5 other interviewees where the task is to comb through a case study and provide a recommendation. They was a follow up written assessment where you have to summarize your findings.

Interview Questions
    • It was a case study about a resort in Asian wanting to earn an eco-friendly certification.   Answer Question

Consulting Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calgary, AB (Canada)

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at PwC.

There were 4 stages to their hiring process for this particular position.
    1. Submit online application, resume and cover letter.
    2. One on one interview (mostly behavioural) with a director
    3. One on one interview with a partner (mostly behavioural)
    4. Group assessment in their office, this consisted of a group consulting case, group discussion, individual review, and a writing test.

Offer was made the same day as the group assessment.

Overall it was a great process, but make sure you do a great deal of preparation. Know about them and their competitors, have your STAR examples ready and try to be upbeat and funny!

Also be expected to be asked for more detail on every answer you give.

Interview Questions
    • What is a flash mob (i had been talking about a marketing case competition)

Most of the questions were listed on this website, but prepare more examples than listed. For example one question cited said they were asked for two examples, I had the same question but was asked for 3 ("Give 3 examples of when you had to change the way you communicated).
        Answer Question
    This was an entry level position, for recent university grads (and includes two years of rotational training), so I did not negotiate.

Associate Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calgary, AB (Canada)

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at PwC in August 2011.

The interview questions were initially based on information from my resume. Specific questions realated to my expereince were asked. The second phase of the interview were based on scenario-based questions and exactly how I acted or would have acted. It was a very positive experience. The hiring manager was very professional. Unfortunately during the last part of my second interview, I was informed that my file had been given to the hiring manager's supervisor and the hiring manager had been moved to work on Campus recruiting. From that point on, I contacted them and was told I will be contacted but that has still not happened till today. Be prepared to have in mind what salary range you will be expecting because they asked me this question at least three times and I tried to avoid it because I was not sure what to ask for.

Interview Questions
    • How have you dealt with a challenging situation?   View Answer
    • What was your most difficult career decision?   View Answer

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calgary, AB (Canada)

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at PwC in September 2008.

There were four interviews. The first was simply with the internal recruiter to validate my experience and personality fit. There were a lot of behavioural interview questions. The second interview was with the head of Marketing. This interview was much more technical and focused on my marketing expertise. The last two were with Partners. The first was with the Managing Partner and the second with with on of the line of service leaders. These were much more relaxed interviews. In fact, one of those two was more of a conversation.

Interview Questions
    • Explain how you dealt with a situation where you were the victim of/witness of unethical or inappropriate conduct.   View Answer
    Although the position had identified a salary range, I went into the negotiation phase and presented my minimum salary requirements. I explained why I felt I was worth more than the salary range indicated in the posting. When I presented my salary expectations, I also set out my total compensation expectations and told them that I was flexible with the balance of the compensation. We agreed on a bonus, parking, fitness allowance and their traditional medical/dental/vision and RRSP/pension programs.

Worked for PwC? Contribute to the Community!