PwC Interview Questions in Canada

Updated Sep 28, 2014

2.9

64 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Audit Associate Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 week - interviewed at PwC in September 2014.

First round was through campus interview. Basic behavioural questions. Nothing unexpected.
    The second round was on site professional talent centre includes 4 parts, which are group exercise, written report, partner interview, and office tour.
    Partner interview was the easiest one. Also behavioural questions and a chance you can ask questions. Just show your passion you will be fine.
    I failed in written part according to the feedback they gave. We are required to write a report based on given facts (8,9 pages) in half an hour. Grammar issues. sigh.. I believe they were testing your ability to filter necessary information from a bunch of facts and organize a report in limited time.
    Group exercise is not that hard I thought. All you need to do is sharing information and discussing just like the case you have in school.

Still a valuable experience. Staff are professional and passionate.
    Not bad for my first official interview.

Associate, Controls Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Edmonton, AB (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edmonton, AB (Canada)

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeks - interviewed at PwC in August 2014.

Poor experience. Started well with a phone interview. Lasted about 30 minutes discussing resume details. After 1 week and dealing with numerous people, scheduled an Video Conference interview. Here's where it all starts to go wrong. Firstly, one of the interviewers doesn't show up, instead he was on speakerphone listening in. The other interviewer had to relay all my answers to the other guy. Needless to say it was very uncomfortable. Then it turns out they were interviewing me for a DIFFERENT position and failed to inform me beforehand.

However, I dismissed it as a one-off and decided to go on with the application because the other position offered was also a good one. For the next 4 WEEKS, and after rescheduling 5 TIMES, we finally settled on a date and time. Guess who messed up the time? Got a phone call asking me why I missed the interview, apparently me and the other interviewers all got different timings. So we rescheduled AGAIN. This time everyone shows up on time. But the interviewers didn't seem interested, I was talking to them they were using their phones as if they had better things to do. Even their questions weren't thought out and they clearly didn't read my resume beforehand.

Surprisingly I got offered the job, but eventually refused.

Interview Questions
    • To add to the horror, they requested I write for 30 minutes after the interview on a topic for their choice. Ridiculous.   View Answer

They didn't seem interested at all. They expect you to sell yourself to them, but they don't reciprocate.

Audit Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Toronto, ON (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a day - interviewed at PwC.

3 INTERVIEWS
    1. Behavioural with Senior Associate
    2. Behavioural with Manager
    3. Conversational with Partner

The interview process is straight forward. Questions are pretty generic. They ask you questions regarding leadership, teamwork, challenges you've faced. Its important to know your resume inside and out always.

Interview Questions
    No negotiation. Set salary.

Tax Associate Interview

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at PwC.

Knowing someone will help make it easier to get into the company as it is largely based on word of mouth. Having prior experience can help or coming from another Big 4 company.

Audit Senior Associate Interview

usually have a phone interview, then a person interview.
    they will take you out to lunch and this is a sign that you're in the company
    it is very easy going even thought you meet managers and partners along the way
    be yourself. they look for fit

Risk Assurance Senior Associate Interview

Long and tedious. Lots of filtering

Interview Questions
    • Dont know, my interview process was very rare and particular   Answer Question
    N/A

Manager Interview

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at PwC.

Long, very long and detailed!

None

New Associate - Management Consulting Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Calgary, AB (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calgary, AB (Canada)

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at PwC in March 2014.

Interview process:
    -First Round Telephone Interview (approximately 30 min.)

If you advance to the Assessment Day, you should expect the following major activities:
    -Cognitive Test (20 min.)
    -Group Case Study (45 min.)
    -Second Interview [telephone or in-person] (approximately 1 hr.)
    -Office Tour (approximately 45 min.)
    -Networking Event (approximately 1 hr.)

Undisclosed Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 days - interviewed at PwC.

I'm trying to remain as anonymous as I possibly can, but I should share my experience as a heads up for others.
    I had a panel interview, then got a call 4 days later that I was the chosen candidate Two hours later the offer was withdrawn (no fault of my own really, they just decided to go with someone "internal"). I did not do anything crazy, like quit my current job or anything, and I was not upset that I did not get the job, I just thought that the way they handled it was extremely unprofessional.

Associate Interview

Three interviews
    Sr associate
    Manager
    Partner

No negotiations

Worked for PwC? Contribute to the Community!