PwC Interview Questions in Chicago, IL

Updated Aug 22, 2015

2.9

Core Assurance Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at PwC (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Got to final rounds in Chicago. There were three interviews. One with a partner about general stuff and relationships. One with HR manager about global acumen. One with assurance senior manager about technical capabilities, which was the hardest. Assigned a partner to take me around the office throughout the day. People were nice. Pleasant work environment.

Interview Questions

• How do you keep updated on changes in business environments?   Answer Question

Advisory Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at PwC (Chicago, IL) in April 2015.

Interview

Couple tech phone screens, in-person with 2 directors and a partner on-site. The interview process was very long and drawn out for no good reason. All of the questions were pretty easy. A lot of time was wasted on the interviewer trying to understand the template they had to follow. When they finally got all their decision making together they offered a salary drastically below market value. I do not view this company as a high-end firm. They waste time pursuing top talent and the salaries are low.

Interview Questions

• You will get asked a question on globalization / international affairs because it is on the template.   Answer Question

Low salary, poor communication.

Management Consulting Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at PwC (Chicago, IL) in March 2015.

Interview

The process took a little over a month. First one was a phone interview and then I was flown to Chicago for in-person interview (1 case and 2 behavioral). I was from a non-target school.

Management Consulting Interview

Application

Interview

First round was a phone interview. There recruiter mainly asked me questions from my resume and 3 easy behavioral questions. My second round was in the Chicago office. This consisted of 3 interviews - 2 behavioral and 1 case. An overview of the case was given 48 hours in advance, and the day of the interview, you are given questions and you have 45 minutes to come up with a presentation. I presented to one interviewer - we were both sitting down so less pressure. The two behavioral were very enjoyable. I think they had a set of behavioral questions, but we ended up veering away from them and discussing other more, conversational topics. I don't think there is a standard set of questions we need to answer, just more of a potential list if the conversation doesn't flow. Overall, good interview and cool office.

Technology Consulting Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at PwC (Chicago, IL) in March 2015.

Interview

Application -- I applied through my university at the end of January. I had honestly forgotten I'd applied until they contacted me for a behavioral phone interview in the middle of March. 30-minute phone interview -- The phone screening(on a Friday) was pretty basic. I heard back from them on Monday with an invitation to do final interview during one of their big interview days (forget wha they call them) in their Chicago office that Friday. Final in-person interview -- I received a case overview to prepare 48-hours in advance. Then, on the day of the interview, I had 45 minutes to prepare for my presentation and write slides. Then I had my presentation (30 minutes) and two behavioral interviews (30 minutes each) with three different people (one-on-one). Last ther was a jeopardy-style presentation to learn about the company. I recall the order in which you had the three interviews and the jeopardy game varied amongst the different interviewees. The whole process took 4 hours (8 am - 12 pm). Offer -- I recieved an offer via phone call from one of the people I interviewed with a few hours later.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you had to work with someone with a different cultural background than yours. What did you learn from it? How did it help the group to excel?   Answer Question

Technology Consulting Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at PwC (Chicago, IL) in March 2015.

Interview

One phone interview and final onsite interview. The interviewers were very friendly and helpful. HR coordinated everything very well and were very prompt with decision emails. After the phone interview, I got the email for the next onsite interview within a week. And also the decision of the onsite interview 2 days after the interview. They are much faster than most places I have interviewed.

Interview Questions

• Phone interview: Mostly behavioral. Leadership based questions. " Tell me a time when...." kind of questions. 30 mins duration. Onsite interview: Three 30 mins interview. 2 behavioral and 1 case study interview. Behavioral interviews have all different kinds of questions related to leadership, time management, working under stress kind of questions. For case study, you will be given a case 2 days in advance and you will have to prepare a ppt based on questions given to you at the interview ( time to prepare the ppt - 45 mins, and presentation time : 30 mins)   Answer Question

Summer Advisory Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at PwC (Chicago, IL) in March 2015.

Interview

Prior to the first round, all candidates were invited to a networking event at a restaurant. Be warned, make sure to make a good impression on your recruiters. This is basically to gauge the candidates' people-skills and ability to network. The first round was with on-campus with a manager. I was later invited to the final round at the chicago office, where I did 2 behavioral interviews and 1 case/presentation interview. Prior to the final round, all candidates were given a case study -- to be presented to the interviewer on super day. On super day, all candidates have time before the interviews to prepare their presentation.

Interview Questions

• Give me an example of a time when you had to deal with an annoying team member. What did you do?   Answer Question

Advisory Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at PwC (Chicago, IL) in February 2015.

Interview

The interview process was pretty simple. Just an office visit with 2 behavioral and one case. The behavioral were very relaxed, and conversational. My case was tough because it had to do with financial regulations. My interview was Friday, received my offer on Monday evening.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

None.

Advisory Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at PwC (Chicago, IL) in February 2015.

Interview

First round was on campus and consisted of a single behavioral/fit interview with a manager Second round was at the Chicago office and consisted of 2 behavioral/fit interviews and one case study. An overview of the case was send to us 48 hours before our interview, and on the day of the interview we were given 45 minutes to create a presentation to answer a business question also given the day of.

Interview Questions

• How do you keep up with current events? Why do you want to be a consultant?   Answer Question

Advisory Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at PwC (Chicago, IL) in February 2015.

Interview

I interviewed for an Analytics role. Phone interview with Advisory Manager followed by on-site interview, and another phone interview after the on-site. I never heard back despite emails/calls to the recruiting co-ordinator. The scheduling of interviews was somewhat dysfunctional - one of the phone interviews happened without any confirmation on when I was to expect the call. My travel for on-site was booked, somewhat frantically, after I emailed to check on it a couple of days prior to the interview. That said, the interviews were conducted in a professional manner.

Interview Questions

• Most questions were around experience and background - description of prior analytic projects conducted in the past, with some level of deep-dive into the details   1 Answer