PwC Interview Questions in Chicago, IL

2.9

82 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Manager - Advisory Services Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

The process took 5 days - interviewed at PwC in January 2010.

The PWC interview process consisted of 2 phone screens (about an hour each) to understand and validate technology and work experience. I have a full-day interview that consisted of 1:1 interviews with 2 advisory managers and 2 partners. The interviewers asked detailed questions about work experience, and put me in situations and asked me to respond what I would do in those situations. Each session was very interactive where I was able to repond and ask questions as well. I also met with HR who gave me a great overview of the company, and details on the review process at PWC. Overall a pretty smooth interview process.

Interview Questions
    • How would you react to this particular situation (gave me a project engagement scenario).   View Answer
    I was not able to negotiate the offer.

Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

The process took 2 days - interviewed at PwC in November 2009.

It was very unfriendly. They did not try to make me feel comfortable and just asked questions off a sheet. They were writing my answers down which made it very awkward and the interview did not flow.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me something you saw on the news that affects you in your chosen field?   Answer Question

I wanted a summer internship, but they offered me a winter internship. I did not want to push my graduation date back so I declined.

Advisory Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at PwC in September 2010.

Interview Process:
    Phone Interview with HR
    Phone Interview with Director (From the Practice)
    On-site Interview with Directors (4 Directors)

The phone interviews were basically just background check and discussions around career experiences. On-site interviews were job-related questions (process, technical skilss, etc).

Associate Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took 5 days - interviewed at PwC in October 2011.

The hiring and interview process is fair and transparent and we were interviewed on campus after the first round there was an interview with the panel and the hiring decisions were announced in few days.

Interview Questions
    • Case Study question from sample case studies given on consulting company's website   View Answer
    I was satisfied with the offer of the company and didnt feel any need to negotiate.

Law Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

The process took a day - interviewed at PwC in October 2011.

The interviewer offered odd questions that didn't really provide an opportunity to express myself. The interviewer seemed a bit cold but the experience was helpful.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days - interviewed at PwC in September 2012.

I received the interview through campus recruiting, I submitted a resume and was preselected for an interview. During the pre-night, I spoke with multiple associates, including my interviewer (I didn't know it at the time). The interview wasn't too difficult. The first half consisted of standard behavioral questions and a few situational questions. Then about twenty minutes, the interviewer opened up a case discussion. He described a situation on the white board where a company with a standard heirarchy that was struggling with their sales positions at the bottom. He explained the entire chain of command and you had to talk out a solution.

Interview Questions
    • The business case was definitely the most challenging. He described a situation on the white board where a company with a standard heirarchy that was struggling with their sales positions at the bottom. He explained the entire chain of command and you had to talk out a solution.   View Answer

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at PwC in September 2013.

I had a great recruiter who was able to see my information for this specific position. I have also applied at PWC for other positions and have been unfortunate with other recruiters.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at PwC.

Applied on campus and had a Skype interview as I am abroad. Skype is not recommended if you can avoid it. The connection was unreliable so it made things a bit awkward at points.

Interview Questions
    • Many questions were very similar to each other, so if you have one type of answer prepared for one type of question, it made it difficult when 3 or 4 of the same question were asked.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at PwC in October 2013.

It started with a prenight, which is more formal than the other big four. We sat down and ate dinner together - don't forget your dinner etiquette manners! It was overall very relaxed. The actual interview was a little tricky and definitely more tricky. It consisted of about 5 behavioral questions and then some time to ask questions. It took about 30 min for the interview and an additional 15 min to ask questions.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at PwC in October 2013.

Initial On Campus Recruiting through Info sessions and Career Fair with a Meet and Greet with free food/drinks to network before first round interview candidates were selected. First round interviews were conducted on campus and were conducted with a manager. The first round was purely behavioral, with a few questions discussing current trends in certain industries (which depends on which area of focus the manager you interview with is in). Found out about passing on to the final round the next week. Final rounds consisted of going to the PwC office in Chicago; there is a morning and afternoon session (12-4:40pm), which consists of 3 interviews (2 behavioral and 1 case study) as well as a panel to give you more information on the company. The background for the specific case you will do is sent to you in an email beforehand so you can prepare. Once you arrive at the office you are given lunch and an overview of the process, as well as a "buddy" to walk you to your various interview locations. The tables you sit at have a specific folder with your name on them with your interview schedule as well as the main question for your case study. Then you are given about 30min to prepare a presentation on paper slides (calculators supplied) for your case interview. After all 3 interviews and the panel are completed, you are free to go. During my on site interview there were approximately 50 candidates in the afternoon session alone (for both full time and internships and for all three advisory verticals).

Interview Questions
    • The business case was the most difficult part of the final round, as the presentation format was not something I had done before and was something to definitely make sure to prepare for. Make sure to do any break even analysis and as much number crunching beforehand so you can focus on the structure, conclusion, and make your presentation complete, as the 30min goes by a lot faster than you would think.   Answer Question

Worked for PwC? Contribute to the Community!