PwC

Updated Feb 23, 2015

2.9

Advisory Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at PwC in May 2009.

The interview process was pretty standard. It consisted of 3 rounds. The second round was only somewhat technical in that I was asked how I felt about the federal governments involvement in the GM bankruptcy. Everything else asked was about my resume and personal life.

Interview Questions
    • How do you feel about the government's role in the GM bankruptcy?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time when your classmates were struggling with a certain issue and you provided insight that allowed everyone to find the solution.   Answer Question
    I negotiated nothing.

Team Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at PwC in December 2010.

I completed the application for PwC a few weeks before thanksgiving through Careerbuilder. About 2 weeks later I was contacted by a recruiter for a phone interview. Everything went well, the questions were basic and the recruiter was extremely pleasant. A few weeks later, I received a follow up call about a face to face interview with the hiring manager and a peer, Surprisingly, I received an on the spot interview with another PwC member (good sign). About 3 days later I received a call and an offer, which I gladly accepted.

Interview Questions
    There was no negotiation. I was offered great compensation for my experience, job role and skills.

FS Advisory Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at PwC in March 2012.

I interned in another group, was referred into Advisory, but was not part of inital interviews due to attending a non-target school.

Was contacted by HR in late February to see if I was still interested. Had an initial screening interview with HR for 30 mins over the phone.

Emails a few days/week later to set up a phone interview with a partner out of NYC. All behavioral questions.

Contacted a week or two after to get an invite to come to Chicago to attend an office interview. I believe I was the only candidate coming in, ther was no group or office tour (which was fine since I interned in that office and knew most of the things already).

2 1:1 interviews with 2 Directors. All Behavioral. Walk me through your resume/Tell me about yourself, why consulting, why PwC, give me a time..., etc.

Interview Questions
    • None. No technical or out of the ordinary questions asked.   Answer Question
    None. Standard package for all Associates. Pay may change depending on city location due to CoL

Risk Assurance Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at PwC in October 2013.

I applied through campus access, and there were two round interviews. One was campus interview with one manager and second round interview was an office visit, interviewed with one manager and one partner.

Transaction Services Valuation Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at PwC in October 2011.

Typical process like all Big 4 firms is to attend a ton of on campus events, network with individuals at the firm, and land on interview on campus. After the first round, you're invited to the office interviews for three more interviews with managers, directors, or partners. As with most companies, you need to constantly be aware that you're interviewing, as when I've been in the room for final deliberations on who actually gets the offer, if there are 2-3 individuals that have all proven they are hard-working, intelligent individuals, they will hire whoever was most social during the lunch and between interviews: you must be easy to talk to and show interest in the firm the entire time. Also, NEVER accidentally refer to PwC as any other Big 4 firm (had a guy that kept calling us KPMG...needless to say he did not receive an offer).

Interview Questions
    • In the valuations group, I never received any difficult technical questions, but you should be prepared to answer the following:
      -Walking through the impact on each of the three financial statements when, for example, increasing depreciation
      -Discuss the three valuation approaches: DCF (Income Approach); Guideline Public Companies or Market Multiples (Market); and Guideline Transactions or Precedent Transactions (Market); may also bring up the Cost Approach.
      -Could be asked something like "How would you value customer relationships" related to a purchase price allocation - understand that income related to an asset being discounted is a pretty safe answer for that kind of question.

Answer Question
    Absolutely no room for negotiation at this level at the Big 4.

Risk Assurance Inern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at PwC.

The interview was a two part affair 2 part deal. I first received an invitation to interview with PwC on campus, after submitting an application on my university's career services website. The on campus interview lasted 30 minutes and was all behavioral. T was notified the following day that I was invited for an office visit/second interview. At the office, I interviewed with a partnet and manager, both were conversational and behavioral in nature. I was confident in my interviews, but lose hope as it took 13 days to finally hear back. The partner i interviewed with at the office called me to personally say i was welcome to intern with the firm.

Manager Financial Services Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ monthsinterviewed at PwC in August 2012.

Even the most well qualified of candidates take an average of 6 months to hire, the gap between HR directed process and internal managers seeking to move new candidates in seems too wide and difficult to repair

Interview Questions
    • Where do you see your fit in our new hub and spoke system   View Answer

Audit Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at PwC in October 2013.

Great people, informal interviews. Just know a lot about the firm and be sociable. They do a great job keeping you comfortable.

Senior Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at PwC.

All those involved were ignorant of the others in the process. Eventually, I was asked to relocate and made a lesser offer because I was told my non-profit experience didn't apply (although, it was the exact same me type of position). I accepted the offer and then they went back on their offer and said they changed their mind. Very unprofessional.

Interview Questions
    They went back on their offer.

Tax Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at PwC in October 2010.

2010 - I had an initial phone interview and was called in for in-person interviews. I interviewed with three people - an HR manager, a director, and a partner. They were all from the same department I would be working in. The process consisted of back to back interviews after which my host then showed me around the office. Overall, everyone was laid back and friendly.

Interview Questions
    • I don't think there were any. Most of the questions were general - experience, difficulties faced, what you've learned. The most common question was: Why PwC?   View Answer
    I did not negotiate and I don't there would be room to negotiate even if I wanted. I was happy with my offer and accepted on the spot.