PwC Interview Questions in Chicago, IL

Updated Mar 11, 2015

2.9

Experienced Associate - Advisory Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at PwC in January 2015.

The process was very well scheduled and executed. I had 3 phone interviews including one with the HR. They were all behavioral in nature. The case study for the case interview was provided 2 days before the interview that provided sufficient time to study the case. The final interview was face to face at their office. All the interviewers were very polite and helpful. My advice for any applicant would be to stay calm and relaxed and answer all the questions honestly. If you don't know about anything they are talking about just say so.

Interview Questions
    • Is there any industry that is facing extinction due to advances in technology?   Answer Question

Management Consulting Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at PwC in March 2015.

First round was a phone interview. There recruiter mainly asked me questions from my resume and 3 easy behavioral questions. My second round was in the Chicago office. This consisted of 3 interviews - 2 behavioral and 1 case. An overview of the case was given 48 hours in advance, and the day of the interview, you are given questions and you have 45 minutes to come up with a presentation. I presented to one interviewer - we were both sitting down so less pressure. The two behavioral were very enjoyable. I think they had a set of behavioral questions, but we ended up veering away from them and discussing other more, conversational topics. I don't think there is a standard set of questions we need to answer, just more of a potential list if the conversation doesn't flow. Overall, good interview and cool office.

Advisory Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at PwC in February 2015.

First round was on campus and consisted of a single behavioral/fit interview with a manager
    Second round was at the Chicago office and consisted of 2 behavioral/fit interviews and one case study. An overview of the case was send to us 48 hours before our interview, and on the day of the interview we were given 45 minutes to create a presentation to answer a business question also given the day of.

Interview Questions
    • How do you keep up with current events?
      Why do you want to be a consultant?

Answer Question

IT Strategy Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at PwC in January 2015.

6 interviews:

--- Conducted via Phone ---

Phone Screen - Initial phone screen conducted by a recruiter (background, salary expectations, role description, etc.)

Functional Interview - Conducted by a Manager and focuses primarily on fit within the firm and how you conduct yourself in front of clients. Question example: Tell me about a time you showed the wrong data to a client and how did you handle the fallout?

Technical Interview - Conducted by a Manager and focuses on technical acumen as it relates to the position you are applying for. Question example - (From resume) Tell me about X. What was your role? What were your specific contributions? What were your takeaways and how would you do things different next time?

--- Interview Day (Conducted @ a PwC Office ---

Case - Materials provided to you by recruiter two days prior to interview day. Specific question given to you 45 minutes before your case interview. You will have 45 minutes to hand prepare slides to present to the interviewer who will be playing the role of the client. Above all else, spend time preparing ahead of time and HAVE A STRUCTURE

Conformational - Two interviews. First with a Partner who focuses on "global acumen" and how you feel you have demonstrated it throughout your career to date. Second with a more senior Partner who focuses on depth of knowledge within the industry. For example, what is the biggest problem facing company X today? How should they address this? How would their business model change as a result of the proposed solution?

Interview Questions
    • What is the biggest problem facing company X today? How should they address this? How would their business model change as a result of the proposed solution?   Answer Question

Advisory Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at PwC in February 2015.

The interview process was pretty simple. Just an office visit with 2 behavioral and one case. The behavioral were very relaxed, and conversational. My case was tough because it had to do with financial regulations. My interview was Friday, received my offer on Monday evening.

None.

Senior Associate - Advisory Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at PwC.

Applied online and was quickly contacted by HR. After passing through the HR round (via phone) and a hiring manager round (via phone b/c she was located in a different city), I waited for a while. Finally, I heard from HR that I would be flown in for a final round of interviews. No explanation was given for why the interview would be done outside of the city I lived in and for which there were hiring.

The position proved to not be a fit for either side. The interviewers were pleasant with the exception of the partner, who was probably the worst person with whom I've ever interacted professionally. This may have been his attempt at a "stress test" but I think it was predominantly just an arrogant personality. I asked what I considered to be thoughtful, informed questions but he was unable to answer them with any clarity or coherence.

Interview Questions
    • Partner was deliberately rude. I was unsure if he was trying to test me or was simply exceedingly arrogant.   Answer Question

Tax Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at PwC in September 2013.

Process started through college campus. Had first round interview. The interviewers were really friendly and conversational. The questions asked were conversational as well in how I behaved in certain situation. Heard back the next day for 2nd round in office the following week. The in office was some more behavioral questions but mostly to show you why you should pick PwC over other firms. Recieved offer the next day. Told them my decision a week later. Emails back and forth between current employees was also very easy and they were all open to talk about their jobs

Interview Questions
    • When have you had multiple deadlines in ashore period of time and what did you do to get through those deadlines?   Answer Question

I decided to choose elsewhere in the Big 4 as I seemed to fit personality wise elsewhere.

Tax Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through college or university. The process took 5+ weeksinterviewed at PwC in November 2014.

I got a phone interview from a manager. It was a great conversation. Expect to be asked a lot of questions about leadership skills. There are 3 interviews on the second round interview. They will focus on communicating with clients, technical abilities, and business skills. It lasts for roughly 2 hours.

Senior Associate - Advisory Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at PwC.

The position was for M&A advisory. First round was on Campus, mostly behavioral.

(1) Tell me a time when you had to take decision in a quick time frame
    (2) Most satisfying project at work

Final round was at their Chicago office. The case was sent 48 hours earlier. We were all huddled in to a room and asked to prepare presentations on hard copy paper slides based on a set of questions about the case they gave at that time.

After that there were 3 rounds of interview. 2 behavioral and 1 for the case presentation.

Interview Questions
    • Did not have any surprise questions. It was the usual beaten to death behavioral type of questions.   Answer Question

Regulatory Compliance Assocuate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at PwC.

There were four interviews with four directors over the course of the day and then a final discussion with their internal recruiter. Each interview was 30-45 minutes long. If you are out of school, or transitioning, I would advise trying to apply or interview closer to the summer months as you'd have a better shot of being in the summer training program. Having something interesting on your resume is key because there is only so much experiental material you can discuss. You really need to differentiate yourself.

Interview Questions
    • All of the questions seemed to be pretty standard Big 4 questions.   Answer Question