PwC

Relevance Date Difficulty

Consultant Interview

Consultant
Chicago, IL

I applied through college or university and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at PwC in October 2012.

Interview Details – One round of on campus interview. Basically just the partner talking about the firm.
A week later got invited on site. The interview started with a panel discussion, which is just a presentation of the company and the position. It was followed by 3 one-on-one interviews with partners or directors. The interviews are essentially behavioral, aka asking you about your experience.
Got phone call about the result three days later.

Interview Question – There was a case interview even though the invitation said explicitly that the interviews will be behavioral.   View Answers (3)

Senior Associate - Advisory Interview

Senior Associate - Advisory
Chicago, IL

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at PwC in September 2008.

Interview Details – 3 interviews (1 situational and 2 behavioral)

Interview Question – Consulting case   View Answer

Tax Associate Interview

Tax Associate
Chicago, IL

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at PwC in October 2010.

Interview Details – 2010 - I had an initial phone interview and was called in for in-person interviews. I interviewed with three people - an HR manager, a director, and a partner. They were all from the same department I would be working in. The process consisted of back to back interviews after which my host then showed me around the office. Overall, everyone was laid back and friendly.

Interview Question – I don't think there were any. Most of the questions were general - experience, difficulties faced, what you've learned. The most common question was: Why PwC?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I did not negotiate and I don't there would be room to negotiate even if I wanted. I was happy with my offer and accepted on the spot.

Audit Intern Interview

Chicago, IL

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 months - interviewed at PwC.

Interview Details – The big four interview questions are more conversational about the resume. I had my first interview at school and there was always pre-interview dinner. One senior manager interviewed and we spent most time talking about my resume. The second interview is office visit, two rounds.

Interview Question – Most questions are regarding the resume. I was only asked one behavioral question: tell me a time when you need to argue with the professor   Answer Question

Senior Consultant Interview

Senior Consultant
Chicago, IL

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at PwC in October 2011.

Interview Details – - Applied online & received an initial conversation request from the recruiter
- Talked about experiences, expertise, position details, etc.
- Heard back after 2 weeks that the immigration department felt I had no time left on my current work permit. I had over a year left.

Interview Question – Questions revolved around Oracle projects   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Intern
Chicago, IL

I applied through college or university and the process took 4 days - interviewed at PwC in April 2012.

Interview Details – The process was fairly simple. Although, they won't hire you as an intern unless you say your first interest is in accounting. Mostly a fit type interview, no financial statements or analysis required.

Interview Question – Could you see yourself working for PWC?   Answer Question

Experienced Audit Associate Interview

Experienced Audit Associate
Chicago, IL

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at PwC in June 2010.

Interview Details – I was contacted by two HR managers who conducted phone interviews and based on the outcome invited me for an in person interview. During the office interview, I interviewed with two managers who asked me a wide range of questions regarding my experience, my goals, and why I wanted to work for PwC. Additionally, I interviewed with a Partner and the head of HR for the Financial Services department who additionally asked me the same type of questions mentioned above.

Interview Question – Why PwC?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No.

Tax Associate Interview

Tax Associate
Chicago, IL

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at PwC in April 2011.

Interview Details – Phone interview with HR rep. Person to person interview with an associate as a host. Met with a senior manager, director and partner as well as HR rep. More behavioral based, talked about why I wanted to work there, past experiences

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – They are competitive in the market, if you expect them to pay a premium for your services you better be bringing something to the table

Advisory Associate Interview

Advisory Associate
Chicago, IL

I applied through college or university and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at PwC in April 2012.

Interview Details – I got the email ask me to phone interview with a manger. Phone interview was all about behavior questions.
Two weeks later got the email ask to to onsite. 30 Min with director, and 30 Min with the manager. Behavior questions and some very technical questions.
3 days later, got the email ask me to do phone interview with the partner. 30 Min was very causal conversation. They wanted to get to know your personality.
4 Days after the final round, got the offer.

Interview Questions

Advisory Associate Interview

Advisory Associate
Chicago, IL

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at PwC in September 2011.

Interview Details – Go through my resume, and ask some general questions about my experience in resume

Interview Question – What did you do in the internship at **?   Answer Question