PwC Interview Questions in Chicago, IL

Updated Aug 22, 2015

2.9

Senior Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at PwC (Chicago, IL).

Interview

All those involved were ignorant of the others in the process. Eventually, I was asked to relocate and made a lesser offer because I was told my non-profit experience didn't apply (although, it was the exact same me type of position). I accepted the offer and then they went back on their offer and said they changed their mind. Very unprofessional.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

They went back on their offer.

Summer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at PwC (Chicago, IL) in February 2014.

Interview

2 stages for the interview and hiring process, one on campus and one in the Chicago office. The on the Chicago has 3 interviews while the one on campus is just a conversation with a partner.

Interview Questions

• What is an example of a time when you had to get someone to agree with you and how did you do it?   Answer Question

Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at PwC (Chicago, IL) in February 2014.

Interview

It was a one day interview process with directors and partners. They said they were aggressively hiring and that Chicago is an exporter of talent so it would require significant travel.

ITPA Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at PwC (Chicago, IL) in February 2014.

Interview

Applied through campus recruiting. Got a call from the company to interview on campus. The interviewer was the Director in the area and asked basically behavioral questions trying to gauge if my experience was relevant in the area. Some questions were: Why PwC, How do you fit in PwC, Why this specific Practice.

Tax Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at PwC (Chicago, IL) in November 2013.

Interview

campus interview and onsite

Interview Questions

• Do you complete any task by using your relationship of other people?   Answer Question

Pwc Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at PwC (Chicago, IL) in November 2013.

Interview

Two tier interview process, one at school or one over the phone, and three interviews at the office on visit. You will meet with a partner, manager, and senior associate. Office visit is about 5 hours long

Interview Questions

• What do you know about the PwC framework?   1 Answer

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at PwC (Chicago, IL) in October 2013.

Interview

Initial On Campus Recruiting through Info sessions and Career Fair with a Meet and Greet with free food/drinks to network before first round interview candidates were selected. First round interviews were conducted on campus and were conducted with a manager. The first round was purely behavioral, with a few questions discussing current trends in certain industries (which depends on which area of focus the manager you interview with is in). Found out about passing on to the final round the next week. Final rounds consisted of going to the PwC office in Chicago; there is a morning and afternoon session (12-4:40pm), which consists of 3 interviews (2 behavioral and 1 case study) as well as a panel to give you more information on the company. The background for the specific case you will do is sent to you in an email beforehand so you can prepare. Once you arrive at the office you are given lunch and an overview of the process, as well as a "buddy" to walk you to your various interview locations. The tables you sit at have a specific folder with your name on them with your interview schedule as well as the main question for your case study. Then you are given about 30min to prepare a presentation on paper slides (calculators supplied) for your case interview. After all 3 interviews and the panel are completed, you are free to go. During my on site interview there were approximately 50 candidates in the afternoon session alone (for both full time and internships and for all three advisory verticals).

Interview Questions

• The business case was the most difficult part of the final round, as the presentation format was not something I had done before and was something to definitely make sure to prepare for. Make sure to do any break even analysis and as much number crunching beforehand so you can focus on the structure, conclusion, and make your presentation complete, as the 30min goes by a lot faster than you would think.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at PwC (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Applied on campus and had a Skype interview as I am abroad. Skype is not recommended if you can avoid it. The connection was unreliable so it made things a bit awkward at points.

Interview Questions

• Many questions were very similar to each other, so if you have one type of answer prepared for one type of question, it made it difficult when 3 or 4 of the same question were asked.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at PwC (Chicago, IL) in October 2013.

Interview

It started with a prenight, which is more formal than the other big four. We sat down and ate dinner together - don't forget your dinner etiquette manners! It was overall very relaxed. The actual interview was a little tricky and definitely more tricky. It consisted of about 5 behavioral questions and then some time to ask questions. It took about 30 min for the interview and an additional 15 min to ask questions.

Summer Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at PwC (Chicago, IL) in October 2013.

Interview

Met with PwC at two career fairs on campus before applying to the posting in our undergrad career services. I was invited to the first round interviews, held in the career services office. Greeters did an excellent job entertaining questions and small talk before the interview. I was invited to the second round interviews which will be held in the office.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you faced adversity in a group situation. How did you overcome it?   Answer Question