PwC

Relevance Date Difficulty

Senior Consultant Interview

Senior Consultant
Chicago, IL

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at PwC in October 2011.

Interview Details – - Applied online & received an initial conversation request from the recruiter
- Talked about experiences, expertise, position details, etc.
- Heard back after 2 weeks that the immigration department felt I had no time left on my current work permit. I had over a year left.

Interview Question – Questions revolved around Oracle projects   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Intern
Chicago, IL

I applied through college or university and the process took 4 days - interviewed at PwC in April 2012.

Interview Details – The process was fairly simple. Although, they won't hire you as an intern unless you say your first interest is in accounting. Mostly a fit type interview, no financial statements or analysis required.

Interview Question – Could you see yourself working for PWC?   Answer Question

Experienced Audit Associate Interview

Experienced Audit Associate
Chicago, IL

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at PwC in June 2010.

Interview Details – I was contacted by two HR managers who conducted phone interviews and based on the outcome invited me for an in person interview. During the office interview, I interviewed with two managers who asked me a wide range of questions regarding my experience, my goals, and why I wanted to work for PwC. Additionally, I interviewed with a Partner and the head of HR for the Financial Services department who additionally asked me the same type of questions mentioned above.

Interview Question – Why PwC?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No.

Tax Associate Interview

Tax Associate
Chicago, IL

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at PwC in April 2011.

Interview Details – Phone interview with HR rep. Person to person interview with an associate as a host. Met with a senior manager, director and partner as well as HR rep. More behavioral based, talked about why I wanted to work there, past experiences

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – They are competitive in the market, if you expect them to pay a premium for your services you better be bringing something to the table

Advisory Associate Interview

Advisory Associate
Chicago, IL

I applied through college or university and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at PwC in April 2012.

Interview Details – I got the email ask me to phone interview with a manger. Phone interview was all about behavior questions.
Two weeks later got the email ask to to onsite. 30 Min with director, and 30 Min with the manager. Behavior questions and some very technical questions.
3 days later, got the email ask me to do phone interview with the partner. 30 Min was very causal conversation. They wanted to get to know your personality.
4 Days after the final round, got the offer.

Advisory Associate Interview

Advisory Associate
Chicago, IL

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at PwC in September 2011.

Interview Details – Go through my resume, and ask some general questions about my experience in resume

Interview Question – What did you do in the internship at **?   Answer Question

Law Interview

Law
Chicago, IL

The process took a day - interviewed at PwC in October 2011.

Interview Details – The interviewer offered odd questions that didn't really provide an opportunity to express myself. The interviewer seemed a bit cold but the experience was helpful.

Interview Question – Example of leadership   Answer Question

Semester of Discovery Internship Interview

Semester of Discovery Internship
Chicago, IL

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 days - interviewed at PwC in December 2011.

Interview Details – A recruiter emailed me to apply for the program and about five days later she called me inviting me to an office visit. The night before my interviews I had a dinner with employees where they answered all of our questions about the program and gave us insight into working for PwC. The next day I had an interview with two HR managers. They were very relaxed and the interview was very conversational. Since I am a freshmen this was my first time interviewing for an accounting firm, but I was very comfortable throughout the interview. Two days later I received a call for and offer. Overall I was extremely impressed with the whole interview process but disappointed with a requirement I was told after I accepted the offer, in which they wanted me to graduate in 4 years with 150 hours or else my offer would be deferred.

Interview Question – What do you expect out of you accounting career?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Intern
Chicago, IL

The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at PwC in December 2011.

Interview Details – I applied through my university's career center. I received a call a couple weeks later asking when I would be available to come in for 3 one-on-one interviews (Tax Director, Tax Manager, HR Director). Once I arrived at the office, I noticed how friendly everyone was (including receptionist, HR employee who contacted me, other employees).

The interviews consisted of questions about my background and experience (teamwork experiences, how do you deal with stress, a time when someone in your group disagreed with you, etc.). The questions were pretty basic interview questions; no surprises. I was contacted a week later with an offer.

Interview Question – How do you deal with stress?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I was not able to negotiate, nor would I have wanted to since the pay was very fair.

Tax Associate Interview

Tax Associate
Chicago, IL

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at PwC in October 2011.

Interview Details – I had an on-campus interview with a recruiter, which went really well and a week later received an invitation for an office visit. Office visit consisted of a pre-interview dinner with young associates my age, presentation in the morning by a partner and lead recruiters, 2 interviews with director and a partner, office tour, panel discussion with young associates in all 3 service lines and lunch with host and other candidates.

Interview Questions

• What is your concept of networking? How do you network?   View Answer
  • No substantial questions asked of me during my second interview. The interviewer had not even glanced at my resume, was running late and appeared from the start disengage from talking to me.   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at PwC