PwC Interview Questions & Reviews in Chicago, IL

2.9

82 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Audit Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 2 months - interviewed at PwC.

The big four interview questions are more conversational about the resume. I had my first interview at school and there was always pre-interview dinner. One senior manager interviewed and we spent most time talking about my resume. The second interview is office visit, two rounds.

Interview Questions
    • Most questions are regarding the resume. I was only asked one behavioral question: tell me a time when you need to argue with the professor   Answer Question

Senior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I interviewed online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at PwC in October 2011.

- Applied online & received an initial conversation request from the recruiter
    - Talked about experiences, expertise, position details, etc.
    - Heard back after 2 weeks that the immigration department felt I had no time left on my current work permit. I had over a year left.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 4 days - interviewed at PwC in April 2012.

The process was fairly simple. Although, they won't hire you as an intern unless you say your first interest is in accounting. Mostly a fit type interview, no financial statements or analysis required.

Experienced Audit Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I interviewed online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at PwC in June 2010.

I was contacted by two HR managers who conducted phone interviews and based on the outcome invited me for an in person interview. During the office interview, I interviewed with two managers who asked me a wide range of questions regarding my experience, my goals, and why I wanted to work for PwC. Additionally, I interviewed with a Partner and the head of HR for the Financial Services department who additionally asked me the same type of questions mentioned above.

Tax Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at PwC in April 2011.

Phone interview with HR rep. Person to person interview with an associate as a host. Met with a senior manager, director and partner as well as HR rep. More behavioral based, talked about why I wanted to work there, past experiences

Interview Questions
    They are competitive in the market, if you expect them to pay a premium for your services you better be bringing something to the table

Advisory Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at PwC in April 2012.

I got the email ask me to phone interview with a manger. Phone interview was all about behavior questions.
    Two weeks later got the email ask to to onsite. 30 Min with director, and 30 Min with the manager. Behavior questions and some very technical questions.
    3 days later, got the email ask me to do phone interview with the partner. 30 Min was very causal conversation. They wanted to get to know your personality.
    4 Days after the final round, got the offer.

Advisory Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I interviewed through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at PwC in September 2011.

Go through my resume, and ask some general questions about my experience in resume

Law Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

The process took a day - interviewed at PwC in October 2011.

The interviewer offered odd questions that didn't really provide an opportunity to express myself. The interviewer seemed a bit cold but the experience was helpful.

Semester of Discovery Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 2 days - interviewed at PwC in December 2011.

A recruiter emailed me to apply for the program and about five days later she called me inviting me to an office visit. The night before my interviews I had a dinner with employees where they answered all of our questions about the program and gave us insight into working for PwC. The next day I had an interview with two HR managers. They were very relaxed and the interview was very conversational. Since I am a freshmen this was my first time interviewing for an accounting firm, but I was very comfortable throughout the interview. Two days later I received a call for and offer. Overall I was extremely impressed with the whole interview process but disappointed with a requirement I was told after I accepted the offer, in which they wanted me to graduate in 4 years with 150 hours or else my offer would be deferred.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at PwC in December 2011.

I applied through my university's career center. I received a call a couple weeks later asking when I would be available to come in for 3 one-on-one interviews (Tax Director, Tax Manager, HR Director). Once I arrived at the office, I noticed how friendly everyone was (including receptionist, HR employee who contacted me, other employees).

The interviews consisted of questions about my background and experience (teamwork experiences, how do you deal with stress, a time when someone in your group disagreed with you, etc.). The questions were pretty basic interview questions; no surprises. I was contacted a week later with an offer.

Interview Questions
    I was not able to negotiate, nor would I have wanted to since the pay was very fair.