PwC

2.9

90 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Senior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at PwC in October 2011.

- Applied online & received an initial conversation request from the recruiter
    - Talked about experiences, expertise, position details, etc.
    - Heard back after 2 weeks that the immigration department felt I had no time left on my current work permit. I had over a year left.

Tax Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at PwC in October 2011.

I had an on-campus interview with a recruiter, which went really well and a week later received an invitation for an office visit. Office visit consisted of a pre-interview dinner with young associates my age, presentation in the morning by a partner and lead recruiters, 2 interviews with director and a partner, office tour, panel discussion with young associates in all 3 service lines and lunch with host and other candidates.

Interview Questions
    • What is your concept of networking? How do you network?   View Answer
    • No substantial questions asked of me during my second interview. The interviewer had not even glanced at my resume, was running late and appeared from the start disengage from talking to me.   Answer Question

Tax Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at PwC in October 2011.

My school did a resume collect for PwC. I was picked for an on campus interview with the firm. They had two people interview me. The questions were mostly behavioral questions about leadership, teamwork, and the like. They also walked through my resume and asked me questions regarding previous employment and experience. Overall, not too bad.

Law Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

The process took a dayinterviewed at PwC in October 2011.

The interviewer offered odd questions that didn't really provide an opportunity to express myself. The interviewer seemed a bit cold but the experience was helpful.

Associate Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at PwC in October 2011.

The hiring and interview process is fair and transparent and we were interviewed on campus after the first round there was an interview with the panel and the hiring decisions were announced in few days.

Interview Questions
    • Case Study question from sample case studies given on consulting company's website   View Answer
    I was satisfied with the offer of the company and didnt feel any need to negotiate.

Transaction Services Valuation Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at PwC in October 2011.

Typical process like all Big 4 firms is to attend a ton of on campus events, network with individuals at the firm, and land on interview on campus. After the first round, you're invited to the office interviews for three more interviews with managers, directors, or partners. As with most companies, you need to constantly be aware that you're interviewing, as when I've been in the room for final deliberations on who actually gets the offer, if there are 2-3 individuals that have all proven they are hard-working, intelligent individuals, they will hire whoever was most social during the lunch and between interviews: you must be easy to talk to and show interest in the firm the entire time. Also, NEVER accidentally refer to PwC as any other Big 4 firm (had a guy that kept calling us KPMG...needless to say he did not receive an offer).

Interview Questions
    • In the valuations group, I never received any difficult technical questions, but you should be prepared to answer the following:
      -Walking through the impact on each of the three financial statements when, for example, increasing depreciation
      -Discuss the three valuation approaches: DCF (Income Approach); Guideline Public Companies or Market Multiples (Market); and Guideline Transactions or Precedent Transactions (Market); may also bring up the Cost Approach.
      -Could be asked something like "How would you value customer relationships" related to a purchase price allocation - understand that income related to an asset being discounted is a pretty safe answer for that kind of question.

Answer Question
    Absolutely no room for negotiation at this level at the Big 4.

Advisory Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at PwC in September 2011.

Go through my resume, and ask some general questions about my experience in resume

Advisory Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at PwC in September 2011.

Everyone was very friendly, and helpful along the process. One of my favorite companies I've interviewed with.

Risk Assurance Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at PwC in August 2011.

I found this interview not as hard as I thought it would be. My phone interview was with a director and it was quite technical (maybe because of my previous internal audit experience). I was invited to come into the office and meet with the partner, director, and an HR representative. It was a pleasant experience. The partner seemed very nice and allowed me enough time to explain my experiences. The director was very courteous and we had a great chat. The meeting with the HR rep was for them to determine if Assurance and PwC is really for me or not. That meeting went very well.

Banking Capital Markets Operations Advisory Senior Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at PwC in June 2011.

I had a phone interview after three weeks waiting on getting one, phone interview was completely about description of the job and also in my opinion getting a feel for the potential employee on how you interact with strangers over the phone. Then on to the face to face, very conversational during the one on one. It was about a four and half hour one on one with four different individuals.

Interview Questions
    • what are you looking to archive or derive from the job.   Answer Question
    The negotiation was not really a negotiation. Take it or leave it.