PwC Interview Questions in Chicago, IL

Updated Mar 11, 2015

2.9

Senior Associate - Advisory Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at PwC in January 2012.

There were two initial phone screening calls and one in person interview with the partners. The Phone screening tested on my technical capabilities and the in person interview was more behavioral

Interview Questions
    • I wouldn't say there was any unexpected question, there were some case type questions and which needed to be cracked   Answer Question
    I was able to negotiate and I would definitely recommend others to negotiate

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at PwC in December 2011.

I applied through my university's career center. I received a call a couple weeks later asking when I would be available to come in for 3 one-on-one interviews (Tax Director, Tax Manager, HR Director). Once I arrived at the office, I noticed how friendly everyone was (including receptionist, HR employee who contacted me, other employees).

The interviews consisted of questions about my background and experience (teamwork experiences, how do you deal with stress, a time when someone in your group disagreed with you, etc.). The questions were pretty basic interview questions; no surprises. I was contacted a week later with an offer.

Interview Questions
    I was not able to negotiate, nor would I have wanted to since the pay was very fair.

Semester of Discovery Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at PwC in December 2011.

A recruiter emailed me to apply for the program and about five days later she called me inviting me to an office visit. The night before my interviews I had a dinner with employees where they answered all of our questions about the program and gave us insight into working for PwC. The next day I had an interview with two HR managers. They were very relaxed and the interview was very conversational. Since I am a freshmen this was my first time interviewing for an accounting firm, but I was very comfortable throughout the interview. Two days later I received a call for and offer. Overall I was extremely impressed with the whole interview process but disappointed with a requirement I was told after I accepted the offer, in which they wanted me to graduate in 4 years with 150 hours or else my offer would be deferred.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at PwC in November 2011.

1st/Final Round are all back to back interviews

Interview Questions
    • Did you have any conflicts with your team members? How did you handle it?   Answer Question

Senior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at PwC in October 2011.

- Applied online & received an initial conversation request from the recruiter
    - Talked about experiences, expertise, position details, etc.
    - Heard back after 2 weeks that the immigration department felt I had no time left on my current work permit. I had over a year left.

Tax Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at PwC in October 2011.

I had an on-campus interview with a recruiter, which went really well and a week later received an invitation for an office visit. Office visit consisted of a pre-interview dinner with young associates my age, presentation in the morning by a partner and lead recruiters, 2 interviews with director and a partner, office tour, panel discussion with young associates in all 3 service lines and lunch with host and other candidates.

Interview Questions
    • What is your concept of networking? How do you network?   View Answer
    • No substantial questions asked of me during my second interview. The interviewer had not even glanced at my resume, was running late and appeared from the start disengage from talking to me.   Answer Question

Tax Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at PwC in October 2011.

My school did a resume collect for PwC. I was picked for an on campus interview with the firm. They had two people interview me. The questions were mostly behavioral questions about leadership, teamwork, and the like. They also walked through my resume and asked me questions regarding previous employment and experience. Overall, not too bad.

Law Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

The process took a dayinterviewed at PwC in October 2011.

The interviewer offered odd questions that didn't really provide an opportunity to express myself. The interviewer seemed a bit cold but the experience was helpful.

Associate Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at PwC in October 2011.

The hiring and interview process is fair and transparent and we were interviewed on campus after the first round there was an interview with the panel and the hiring decisions were announced in few days.

Interview Questions
    • Case Study question from sample case studies given on consulting company's website   View Answer
    I was satisfied with the offer of the company and didnt feel any need to negotiate.

Transaction Services Valuation Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at PwC in October 2011.

Typical process like all Big 4 firms is to attend a ton of on campus events, network with individuals at the firm, and land on interview on campus. After the first round, you're invited to the office interviews for three more interviews with managers, directors, or partners. As with most companies, you need to constantly be aware that you're interviewing, as when I've been in the room for final deliberations on who actually gets the offer, if there are 2-3 individuals that have all proven they are hard-working, intelligent individuals, they will hire whoever was most social during the lunch and between interviews: you must be easy to talk to and show interest in the firm the entire time. Also, NEVER accidentally refer to PwC as any other Big 4 firm (had a guy that kept calling us KPMG...needless to say he did not receive an offer).

Interview Questions
    • In the valuations group, I never received any difficult technical questions, but you should be prepared to answer the following:
      -Walking through the impact on each of the three financial statements when, for example, increasing depreciation
      -Discuss the three valuation approaches: DCF (Income Approach); Guideline Public Companies or Market Multiples (Market); and Guideline Transactions or Precedent Transactions (Market); may also bring up the Cost Approach.
      -Could be asked something like "How would you value customer relationships" related to a purchase price allocation - understand that income related to an asset being discounted is a pretty safe answer for that kind of question.

Answer Question
    Absolutely no room for negotiation at this level at the Big 4.