PwC Interview Questions in Chicago, IL

Updated Apr 14, 2015

2.9

Manager Financial Services Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ monthsinterviewed at PwC (Chicago, IL) in August 2012.

Interview

Even the most well qualified of candidates take an average of 6 months to hire, the gap between HR directed process and internal managers seeking to move new candidates in seems too wide and difficult to repair

Interview Questions

• Where do you see your fit in our new hub and spoke system   1 Answer

Advisory Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at PwC (Chicago, IL) in April 2012.

Interview

I got the email ask me to phone interview with a manger. Phone interview was all about behavior questions.
    Two weeks later got the email ask to to onsite. 30 Min with director, and 30 Min with the manager. Behavior questions and some very technical questions.
    3 days later, got the email ask me to do phone interview with the partner. 30 Min was very causal conversation. They wanted to get to know your personality.
    4 Days after the final round, got the offer.

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at PwC (Chicago, IL) in April 2012.

Interview

The process was fairly simple. Although, they won't hire you as an intern unless you say your first interest is in accounting. Mostly a fit type interview, no financial statements or analysis required.

FS Advisory Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at PwC (Chicago, IL) in March 2012.

Interview

I interned in another group, was referred into Advisory, but was not part of inital interviews due to attending a non-target school.

Was contacted by HR in late February to see if I was still interested. Had an initial screening interview with HR for 30 mins over the phone.

Emails a few days/week later to set up a phone interview with a partner out of NYC. All behavioral questions.

Contacted a week or two after to get an invite to come to Chicago to attend an office interview. I believe I was the only candidate coming in, ther was no group or office tour (which was fine since I interned in that office and knew most of the things already).

2 1:1 interviews with 2 Directors. All Behavioral. Walk me through your resume/Tell me about yourself, why consulting, why PwC, give me a time..., etc.

Interview Questions

• None. No technical or out of the ordinary questions asked.   Answer Question

Negotiation

None. Standard package for all Associates. Pay may change depending on city location due to CoL

PwC Assurance Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at PwC (Chicago, IL) in February 2012.

Interview

Two 30 min. on campus interview with an HR manager and a partner. Then went to Chicago office for second (final) round for a pre-night dinner and 3 back to back 30 min. interviews the next day with manager, senior manager and a partner.

Interview Questions

• Behavioral questions, "What's your leadership style", "From your prior internship experience, which employers did you liked and which ones did you not like"   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation

Senior Associate - Advisory Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at PwC (Chicago, IL) in January 2012.

Interview

There were two initial phone screening calls and one in person interview with the partners. The Phone screening tested on my technical capabilities and the in person interview was more behavioral

Interview Questions

• I wouldn't say there was any unexpected question, there were some case type questions and which needed to be cracked   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was able to negotiate and I would definitely recommend others to negotiate

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at PwC (Chicago, IL) in December 2011.

Interview

I applied through my university's career center. I received a call a couple weeks later asking when I would be available to come in for 3 one-on-one interviews (Tax Director, Tax Manager, HR Director). Once I arrived at the office, I noticed how friendly everyone was (including receptionist, HR employee who contacted me, other employees).

The interviews consisted of questions about my background and experience (teamwork experiences, how do you deal with stress, a time when someone in your group disagreed with you, etc.). The questions were pretty basic interview questions; no surprises. I was contacted a week later with an offer.

Interview Questions

• How do you deal with stress?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was not able to negotiate, nor would I have wanted to since the pay was very fair.

Semester of Discovery Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at PwC (Chicago, IL) in December 2011.

Interview

A recruiter emailed me to apply for the program and about five days later she called me inviting me to an office visit. The night before my interviews I had a dinner with employees where they answered all of our questions about the program and gave us insight into working for PwC. The next day I had an interview with two HR managers. They were very relaxed and the interview was very conversational. Since I am a freshmen this was my first time interviewing for an accounting firm, but I was very comfortable throughout the interview. Two days later I received a call for and offer. Overall I was extremely impressed with the whole interview process but disappointed with a requirement I was told after I accepted the offer, in which they wanted me to graduate in 4 years with 150 hours or else my offer would be deferred.

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at PwC (Chicago, IL) in November 2011.

Interview

1st/Final Round are all back to back interviews

Interview Questions

• Did you have any conflicts with your team members? How did you handle it?   Answer Question

Senior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at PwC (Chicago, IL) in October 2011.

Interview

- Applied online & received an initial conversation request from the recruiter
    - Talked about experiences, expertise, position details, etc.
    - Heard back after 2 weeks that the immigration department felt I had no time left on my current work permit. I had over a year left.