PwC

Getting the Interview

65 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Interviewed at PwC

Interview Details – The interview was. Talked to manager for 30 minutes in mostly a conversation

Interview Question – Walk me through your resume   Answer Question

Interviewed at PwC

Interview Details – campus ph secreen, flwon for company inetrview, met 5 people, 1 hr each, Veyr professional. No drilling or grilling. Very firendly people, very courteous, Nice impression. Very hard working group fo people.

New York, NY

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at PwC in September 2009.

Interview Details – One on one on campus interview then went to office and sat wtih five different managers.

Interview Question – None   Answer Question

Interviewed at PwC

Interview Details – Applied online - application reviewed - contacted for initial round

Interview Question – What has been your most testing moment in your career?   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Interviewed at PwC

Interview Details – I was first contacted by HR and had an initial phone screen. It went well. Next, I spoke with a director. That interview also went well. Lots of good, core competency, behavior based questions along with several technical questions. Then came the third interview. The person doing the interview called an hour and a half past the scheduled time. No contact letting me know he'd be late. That interview lasted 5-10 minutes. He asked me to hold on multiple times, and was very distracted through the entire call. I didn't hear anything further for about a month, then I got a system generated email thanking me for my time. I will never pursue another job with pwc after being handled and treated this way.

Chicago, IL

I applied through college or university and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at PwC in October 2012.

Interview Details – One round of on campus interview. Basically just the partner talking about the firm.
A week later got invited on site. The interview started with a panel discussion, which is just a presentation of the company and the position. It was followed by 3 one-on-one interviews with partners or directors. The interviews are essentially behavioral, aka asking you about your experience.
Got phone call about the result three days later.

Interview Question – There was a case interview even though the invitation said explicitly that the interviews will be behavioral.   View Answers (3)

McLean, VA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at PwC in March 2011.

Interview Details – Phone interview with HR person and hiring manager. They mostly asked about "fit" questions and "walk through" your resume.

Interview Question – Why consulting?   Answer Question

Consulting Interview

San Francisco, CA

The process took a day - interviewed at PwC in November 2010.

Interview Details – The interview was quite basic. it consisted with an informal meet and greet with a "buddy" for the day and then it was a series of four, more or less, behaviorally based interviews: two partner interviews and two manager / director interviews

Interview Question – Tell me about a time when you faced an ethical dilemma in the work place. Who was involved? How was it resolved?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – yes. they always low ball the initial salary. I was offered a much lower offer for a city that is much more expensive to live in that I was initially looking at.. they were helpful and understanding.

Seattle, WA

The process took a day - interviewed at PwC in August 2008.

Interview Details – The interview consisted of four one on one interviews with each level of the department, each interview lasted for half an hour. I interviewed with a staff, senior, manager, and director. Questions during each of the interviews were focused on understanding my experience, work habits, and problem solving skills. In addition to making sure you have experience that fits with their practice they also want to know that you are ready to work long hours with a good attitude and that you are ready to deal with some potentially demanding clients.

Interview Question – What would you do if you have two competing deadlines but there is not enough time to complete both?   Answer Question

Consultant

The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at PwC in January 2009.

Interview Details – Initial Interview was two half-hour interviews with two different managers. One was behavioral, the other was case-based. The case was from a book of a dozen or so cases and the interviewer tried to pick a case that matched with my background. Second interview was more involved. It started with coffee with 2 1-3 year consultants. There was 3 interviewees there. We talked for 45 minutes or so with them predominantly answering our questions. Then, we had 3, 1/2 hour interviews with various senior consultants/managers that were behavioral based. Some were well prepared, one I think hadn't even looked at my resume yet. The last part involved a 30-minute presentation by the HR person and then 2 other junior consultants answered more questions.

Interview Questions

Interviews for Top Jobs at PwC

Worked for PwC? Contribute to the Community!

PwC Videos

PwC – Why Work for Us?

Imagine the power of 160,000 people with a common purpose — building relationships that create value for you and your business. This is PwC. Every day, our people work with you to build the value you are looking for… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at PwC Consultant interview questions and advice. All 65 interview reviews posted anonymously by PwC employees and interview candidates.