PwC

Average Difficulty
71 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions

Very Difficult Interview

Montreal, QC (Canada)

I applied in-person and the process took 3 months - interviewed at PwC in May 2012.

Interview Details – 3 interview
First one supposed to be informal but it is very formal
Second is a case interview with an hour to answer to a complex problem. It is a real case study! My only advice be prepared it is not an easy one
Third, Phone interview for select or between two last candidate

Interview Question – According to you what are the role and responsibilities of a consultant   Answer Question

Hyderābād (India)

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at PwC in October 2008.

Interview Details – group interview followed by a 1:1 interview and finally telephonic interview

Negotiation Details – no negotiation. direct offer

Consultant

The process took a day - interviewed at PwC in January 2008.

Interview Details – As an experienced candidate being interviewed for a lateral posting after completing my MBA, the interview consisted initially of a 1:1 interview, Group interview and a phone interview in that order. The 1:1 consisted of general questions on background, previous job etc to gauge the fit of the candidate for the job. The group interview consisted of a case study (mine was on an auto giant and the problems they may hypothetically face). The last round of interview was with the partner over the phone.

Interview Question – Operational Problems an automobile major may face given certain economic conditions and financial instability of the company.   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Consultant

I applied through college or university and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at PwC in January 2009.

Interview Details – They actually are interested in your extra-curricular activities...sporting etc.
Recruitment based on qualifications, grades and experience.
I believe my previous relevant work experience (which other candidates did not have) put me ahead.
HR was useful in giving hints on how to prepare for panel interview.
Was impressed with HR.

Interview Question – What do you do for fun?   Answer Question

Consultant

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at PwC in February 2009.

Interview Details – Initial interview with HR and business lead lasting 1 hour. Questions regarding my CV background. Questions regarding the role, why I would fit, questions on my knowledge of the current environment and key issues.
Second 3 hour interview consisted of 1 and a half hours of psychometric tests, 1 hour of behavioural and compentency based questions and finally meeting the team.

Interview Question – Lots of 'can you tell me a time when you demonstrated....' Based upon the competency model of PwC.   Answer Question

Consultant

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at PwC in June 2008.

Interview Details – People that I interviewed with were very polite. the interview was very compelling for me becuase I was not ready for that position

Interview Questions

Calcutta (India)

I interviewed at PwC in February 2013.

Interview Details – As it was a campus driven interview so there was only one round and fully based small case studies. Mostly they were checking the statistical approach to the problem.

Interview Question – if u want to launch a telecom service in India, what u will look at and how u will proceed.   View Answer

Calcutta (India)

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 1 week - interviewed at PwC in January 2013.

Interview Details – technical round-questions asked as per cv.
managerial round- general questions like willing to travel, marital status etc
hr discussion

Interview Question – nothing difficult, but was lengthy.interviewer covered almost everything written in CV   Answer Question

London, England (UK)

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at PwC in July 2013.

Interview Details – The hiring process starts with an Online Assessment (Verbal and Numerical test), Followed by 30-40 mins of Telephonic Interview. If you clear the telephonic round then it will be Consulting Technical Interview with senior level (Director). The final will be Selection Event and an interview with Partner level during later stages.

Interview Question – Technical Interview - Commercial knowledge and experience is critical to demonstrate   Answer Question

Calcutta (India)

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at PwC in April 2013.

Interview Details – I got a call from the HR.

Interview Question – Though it was a QA interview but questions were from all parts starting from java to networking.   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at PwC

Worked for PwC? Contribute to the Community!

PwC Videos

PwC – Why Work for Us?

Imagine the power of 160,000 people with a common purpose — building relationships that create value for you and your business. This is PwC. Every day, our people work with you to build the value you are looking for… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at PwC Consultant interview questions and advice. All 71 interview reviews posted anonymously by PwC employees and interview candidates.