PwC Consultant Interview Questions

Updated Mar 17, 2015
Updated Mar 17, 2015

2.9

Consultant Interview

The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at PwC in January 2009.

Initial Interview was two half-hour interviews with two different managers. One was behavioral, the other was case-based. The case was from a book of a dozen or so cases and the interviewer tried to pick a case that matched with my background. Second interview was more involved. It started with coffee with 2 1-3 year consultants. There was 3 interviewees there. We talked for 45 minutes or so with them predominantly answering our questions. Then, we had 3, 1/2 hour interviews with various senior consultants/managers that were behavioral based. Some were well prepared, one I think hadn't even looked at my resume yet. The last part involved a 30-minute presentation by the HR person and then 2 other junior consultants answered more questions.

Other Interview Reviews for PwC

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA
    Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

The process took a dayinterviewed at PwC in August 2008.

The interview consisted of four one on one interviews with each level of the department, each interview lasted for half an hour. I interviewed with a staff, senior, manager, and director. Questions during each of the interviews were focused on understanding my experience, work habits, and problem solving skills. In addition to making sure you have experience that fits with their practice they also want to know that you are ready to work long hours with a good attitude and that you are ready to deal with some potentially demanding clients.

Interview Questions
    • What would you do if you have two competing deadlines but there is not enough time to complete both?   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at PwC.

Had a phone interview with HR - they asked me standard questions like why PwC and what technical skills I have

First round interview with Director/Manager - standard behavioural questions - really allowed me to ask a lot of questions

Second round interview with Senior Manager/Manager - a little bit harder but similar to first round interview

Interview Questions
    HR stuffed up contract....

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madrid (Spain)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madrid (Spain)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at PwC in March 2015.

A recruiter contacted me through Alumni Global Search. Online English and logic tests, phone interview, group interview and two case interviews with two partners. In the interview we were nine candidates and most of us were engineers. The process was fast-paced, they phoned me two days after having completed the process and sent me an offer.

Interview Questions
    • Tell them one thing I was proud of having accomplished   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)
    Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at PwC in February 2015.

Four stage process of which I experienced three:

1. Online tests: Fairly low mark required to pass but time pressured.
    2. Telephone interview: Lasted about 40 / 45 minutes, interviewer was friendly and helped put me at ease, very understanding and guided through questions nicely. Again I don't think the threshold is all that high as I thought I performed pretty poorly and still went through to the AC. Lots of advice elsewhere on the internet but few things i'd focus on; know exactly what PWC and your line do, know how the program works, if its rotational how long will you spend in each dep. and what happens when you complete a rotation, several good pieces of recent news and how the apply to PWC and specifically your chosen line.
    3. AC: Half Day 13:00 - 17:00 ( I think). Probably about 20 or so grads there, everyone was nice and most are from Oxford, Cambridge, LSE etc. Several exercises including a retest of the online tests (felt slightly harder but probably just environment and scored highly), group exercise in a group of four. Cant remember the exact scenario but it was to do with utilising waste product from a manufacturing process, everyone had the same back story plus an additional piece of info unique to each candidate. Then had to discuss as a group to decide who had the best option based on cost, payback etc. Half way through the situation changes and funding is reduced so you have to reconsider. Another exercise was a hand written report about water. Again very time pressured, a number of people didn't finish.

After the tests we also had time to talk with some current graduates.

4. Partner interview.

I didn't succeed at the assessment center, they phone you about a week after and give thorough feedback. You are ranked out of 5 for each exercise and then are given a cumulative score. You need to perform well in all tasks otherwise you may not progress. I performed well in the retests and report but scored 3 on a couple of the markers for the group exercise and this was enough to prevent me progressing. This means you can pass everything and still not continue in the process. I should also note I was very late to apply and the HR member who delivered my feedback said places were limited by that point and had I applied earlier I would have probably progressed so make sure to apply early!

All in all was a very good experience, I have had interviews with the other big four and PWC were by far best in my opinion. The London offices were great and I imagine it would be a really good place to work, the projects we talked about with the grads seemed really interesting and the caliber of people in the AC are generally very good.

Interview Questions
    • What do you know about the scheme, what happens at the end of a rotation?   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Düsseldorf (Germany)
    Anonymous Employee in Düsseldorf (Germany)

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at PwC in February 2015.

It was an easy-going 1,5 hour interview with a partner and a senior manager. the mood was very relaxed, and they were very friendly. they asked me questions about the german energy market. in most of the cases my knowledge in the area was almost better then the partner. i was very surprised. towards the end they asked me more specific questions about accounting and cost calculations. the interview ended with my salary expectation. they found my salary expectation high and told me that they hire fresh bachelor graduates from poland and romania who would work cheaper. they also claimed that the job would be boring for me, and i would leave the company in the first six months. to be honest, i was very offended. hard to understand why they invited me at first place..

Interview Questions
    • what are challenges in the german electricity market (energiewende)?   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Straightforward. Questions you would expect at a big four interview. Only thing to look out for would be case studies, which can nab people. You can find very similar practice case studies online.

Consultant Interview

I've sent my cv and cover letter and they called me 4 weeks later for an interview. It was a personal interview with a director and consultant, asking me personal questions. Later on, I had to fill in a lot of papers with my personal data.

2 weeks later I received my offer. I had to state when I could begin and what the period was that I wanted to work at the Sao Paulo office

Later I had to go to the lawyer office to get my paper work in order.

Consultant Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at PwC.

Application process took several stages. Firstly - screening, then - Numerical Reasoning Test ( similar to SHL test) and Verbal Reasoning Test (putting in a missing element in the logical puzzle), then - onsite english knowledge test ( 'True-False-Not Given' questions, 'choose the right headline' questions, grammar etc.). If you are successful so far, you get an invitation for two or three interviews with Senior Consultant(s) and (Senior) Manager(s), where you can be asked about your education, motivation, previous work experience, knowledge of the industry etc.
    After that you get warmed up with several brain teasers. Try to listen carefully and feel free to take some time to think about the answer.
    In the end, they give you a business-related case. Again don't hesitate to ask for more information and do your best to persuade the interviewers that you are a very positive and proactive person.
    If you are good and crack the case, you get a job offer by email.

Interview Questions
    • Give me all risks for a foreign businessman who is buying a factory in Siberia   Answer Question
    Nothing

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at PwC in October 2014.

1. HR called and fixed the interview.
    2. Technical Round - 1 (Sr. Manager Gave 3 topics to prepare on Green Buildings and Energy Efficiency)
    3. Technical Round - 2 ( Two Sr. Managers discussed technical issues in Energy Efficiency and Green Buildings)
    4. Technical Round - 3 (Associate Director discussed technical issues and scope in Energy Efficiency Vertical).
    5. HR helped me with the offer after 14 days.

Interview Questions
    • None Actually.. Mostly everything were technical so it went off pretty smooth.   Answer Question
    I did not negotiate. I went ahead as per Company's Policies.